Falcons thread

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Who's complaining about the record? 

I think they are going to the SB vs you speaking for everyone else when saying no one thinks they are. There is no perfect team. There is no better AFC team. Yes it will take some good breaks and a little luck.

3 minutes ago, mex said:

uh, 4-11 atl almost proved otherwise today

we play like that against buffalo, tenn or pitt... we'll be 1 and done

well we didnt play like that against buffalo or tenn, now did we?

and we havent played pitt..  but we didnt fall apart for three games like they did when the pressure was on for the 1 seed, did we?

I think we all love the fact that they're 14-1, I sure do. It's just scary watching them at times. We're spoiled and when Mahomes misses a receiver and doesn't get a an easy 1st down it seems strange. The thing I noticed is, every team in the NFC south has given the Chiefs a tough game, and the Falcons were no exception. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

everyone else when saying no one thinks they are

who is saying they ain't going to the SB? we've played some great teams these last few weeks and come out on top... without playing (hopefully) to our potential

when teams like denver and atl take us to the wire, it is cause for concern

if we play in 3 weeks like we played today, we're done

I'm hoping we get healthy these next few weeks but not holding my breath

also hoping our high paid athletes start earning their money

2 minutes ago, mex said:

uh, 4-11 atl almost proved otherwise today

we play like that against buffalo, tenn or pitt... we'll be 1 and done

Of course KC should lose if they play like they did today. Any team should. Pitts has lost 3.  Buff got torched on the ground by KC. Tenn has lost 4.. Balt has lost 5. Any of those teams could still win it all. They should of, could of, would of. Hell KC was down 24-0 to a not great Houston team.  Should of lost.

Until they do why worry about it? 

I keep forgetting, we are only allowed to wear our rose colored glasses and never acknowledge any concerns or reoccurring issues. No need to consider the fact we could play better.  All these tools saying Gay should play need to shut up because Neiman is where it's at.  We don't see what we see, it's all an illusion, don't question. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Who's complaining about the record? 

No one. Its ludicrous to think anyone isn't happy with a 14-1 record. Its also ludicrous to refuse to acknowledge that this teams biggest flaw (the offensive line) is one that could end our season very quickly in the playoffs. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the issue go away.

Its not improving, and Reid WILL NOT move anyone around until an injury forces him too. I love this team and I love my coach. But there is a reason it took him 20 yrs to win a SB despite having loaded rosters and 14 prior playoff teams. He is loyal to a fault. Wylie is absolutely terrible. Wiz should have started at RG today. 

Mahomes is unable to execute this offense at a level even close to peak right now. And its the fault of our pass protection. If Reid doesn't scheme the shit out of this come playoff time, we will not win the SB again. And if that happens with Kilgore, Wiz, Rankin, Durant etc on the bench or inactive because they refused to see if these could be internal upggrades...its on Reid. 

Its hard to be cautiously optimistic right now. Having said that...14-1 is incredible with a schedule this hard and we are still the champs.

After the game, Mahomes shouldered the blame for the offensive inconsistency that led to red zone struggles and stalled drives. He also credited a strong defensive showing for delivering the victory.

“First off, I gotta focus on fixing the things I made mistakes on during the game. There were a lot of reads, a lot of protection calls, a lot of adjustments at the line of scrimmage that I made wrong or didn’t make the right way that put us in bad positions. So I’ve gotta focus on getting myself better to help out the team. Then again, at the end of the day, the defense played their tail off to keep us in that game and to give us a chance and the offense found a way to score a touchdown when we needed to. That’s that championship swagger, as Tyrann would say, of knowing how to win a game even when you’re not playing well.”

“They have a great defense. They have a lot of great players over there. They have a ton of talent. They’ve been in close games every single game this year pretty much. Definitely they did some stuff that was good stuff and then there was stuff I didn’t see that I didn’t usually do. There were times I was hot in the game because I didn’t slide the line the right way. There were some times I checked to certain plays and they weren’t open. You gotta be better if you want to win football games in this league.”

“I think it was just a bad day for the offense, starting with me not getting going early and then not executing in the second half,” said Mahomes. “But I thought the defense played their tail off against a really good offense. To have that type of defense going into the playoffs, kinda like we did last year getting better every single week, I feel like the offense will figure it out. Having a full team like that will get us to where we want to be at.”

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I think we all love the fact that they're 14-1, I sure do. It's just scary watching them at times. We're spoiled and when Mahomes misses a receiver and doesn't get a an easy 1st down it seems strange. The thing I noticed is, every team in the NFC south has given the Chiefs a tough game, and the Falcons were no exception. 

The thing that makes us frustrated is that since clobbering the Jets, every single game has been a one score game and a lot of 3 point wins. We haven’t won comfortably the second half of the season.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The thing that makes us frustrated is that since clobbering the Jets, every single game has been a one score game and a lot of 3 point wins. We haven’t won comfortably the second half of the season.

Yet KC is #2 with point differential.  +128     Balt +130 with a much easier schedule and we know they like poring it on.

Cleve -18 and is 10-5. They should be worried.

2 things can be true. 

1)  KC is a phenomenal team and has shown to be tough as nails.  7 straight wins like that is not a fluke.  They are the best team in the league and a better team than they were a year ago when they won the dang superbowl.

2) KC has some very real issues not the least of which is our Oline has serious problems.  Also, the unknown of how sustainable winning like this is in the playoffs when the teams get better. Nobody's really done it.

That said nobody came back from double digits deficits in 3 straight playoff games.  Hardly anybody ever gets better after a superbowl run.  Nobody beats this many 10 win teams along the way.  And most definitely nobody does this...

So who knows.  Shit to love.  Shit to bitch about.  Enjoy the ride i guess.  KC gave us some stuff to argue about for a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

2 things can be true. 

1)  KC is a phenomenal team and has shown to be tough as nails.  7 straight wins like that is not a fluke.  They are the best team in the league and a better team than they were a year ago when they won the dang superbowl.

2) KC has some very real issues not the least of which is our Oline has serious problems.  Also, the unknown of how sustainable winning like this is in the playoffs when the teams get better. Nobody's really done it.

That said nobody came back from double digits deficits in 3 straight playoff games.  Hardly anybody ever gets better after a superbowl run.  Nobody beats this many 10 win teams along the way.  And most definitely nobody does this...

So who knows.  Shit to love.  Shit to bitch about.  Enjoy the ride i guess.  KC gave us some stuff to argue about for a few weeks.

This right here. I think most love being 14-1 but see holes that could come back to haunt us in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I love that the Raiders blew another game in the last few seconds.  I love that Rivers proved again that he can't execute a game winning drive with the season on the line.  I love that the Chiefs won the bye.  And I really love to complain about the Chiefs' O-line. 

This^^^^

Let’s all remember that every team gets up to play the chiefs. Our boys are 14-1 while taking peoples best shot. 
I agree with a lot of comments on here about Alex smith playbook. I think Reid will have some wrinkles for the playoffs. I really liked seeing gay get some meaningful reps. 
Our O line is what’s holding us back. 
now we also have turned the ball over quite routinely lately and that has caused a lot of these games to be closer than they should. 

I think KC is getting teams extra fired up by clowning them  with trick plays. Example: No Score...its 4th and 1 in field goal range. Not only does KC go for it but they try a crazy trick play. Thats just not good football and is seen as arrogant. Seems like Andy is letting the KIDS have too much fun. These plays have not worked more than they have. You expect this from a desperate team and not a 14-1 team.

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think KC is getting teams extra fired up by clowning them  with trick plays. Example: No Score...its 4th and 1 in field goal range. Not only does KC go for it but they try a crazy trick play. Thats just not good football and is seen as arrogant. Seems like Andy is letting the KIDS have too much fun. These plays have not worked more than they have. You expect this from a desperate team and not a 14-1 team.

I think you have that backwards.  The trick plays have worked more than they haven't and sometimes Andy runs a play just to put it on tape for an upcoming opponent so he can run something else on it.  

11 minutes ago, xen said:

I think you have that backwards.  The trick plays have worked more than they haven't and sometimes Andy runs a play just to put it on tape for an upcoming opponent so he can run something else on it.  

it also has been mentioned that  they are trying to have some "fun" with the play calling..I get that

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Tyreek was on a pitch count too. He clearly wasn’t 100%. This coupled with CEH being down hurt our offense.

the trick play- I don’t like putting mahomes in that position at this point of the season.