Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed that some "key starters" won't play in Week 17 against the Chargers.

Reid wasn't specific as to which players would have a chance to rest, but odds are Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Frank Clark, Tyrann Mathieu, and Chris Jones (just to name a few) don't sniff the field on Sunday. 35-year-old Chad Henne, who hasn't started a game since 2014, will likely get the nod under center instead with Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle as the team's starting wideouts. The Chiefs will be at full speed again when all return for the Divisional Round.

Looking at current positioning. I predict Tenn at KC for the first game.  I think the 2  & 3 & 4 seeds win thus Tenn to Kc.

I like this match up. Tenn showed against GB they still have no pass rush. Yes GB oline is better than KC. Chiefs proved they can limit Henry.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Looking at current positioning. I predict Tenn at KC for the first game.  I think the 2  & 3 & 4 seeds win thus Tenn to Kc.

I like this match up. Tenn showed against GB they still have no pass rush. Yes GB oline is better than KC. Chiefs proved they can limit Henry.

Tenn...ugh.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport Sammy Watkins suffered a calf injury in Kansas City's Week 16 win over the Falcons.

Coach Andy Reid already said a majority of the team's starters will rest in Week 17, giving Watkins the season finale and Kansas City's first round bye to heal before practicing again. He's expected to return for the Divisional Round given the extended break

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Every O Line in the history of the NFL or CFL is better than the O Line we've cobbled together though I may be exaggerating slightly.