Playoff games thread

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

That's why you risk the rust.

Hopefully this doesn't bite us:

It is an incentive. Want it bad enough you wont risk waiting to the last game. He needs to sit. He is making more money than most in his position without it. Maybe next year he will have it. Do you think if he had it already he would be wanting to play? Fuck him.

I'm not here to dump on Jones.  Jones has had a LOT of pressures that didn't turn into sacks during the year.  I don't know if that's necessarily his fault and I don't really blame him for wanting to meet the incentive.

I blame the organization a little bit for indulging him.  There was another tweet that I can't find now that pointed out while Reid generally rests starters in these situations, he left Kareem Hunt in long enough to get the rushing title in Week 17 of 2017.  I think the team is wanting to make sure Jones is happy, because he can be be moody.  But he also seems like he's always at risk of tweaking a muscle --- remember the near-scandal of whether or not he was playing Nerf basketball in the locker room?  So I kind of wish the team would have said no.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not here to dump on Jones.  Jones has had a LOT of pressures that didn't turn into sacks during the year.  I don't know if that's necessarily his fault and I don't really blame him for wanting to meet the incentive.

I blame the organization a little bit for indulging him.  There was another tweet that I can't find now that pointed out while Reid generally rests starters in these situations, he left Kareem Hunt in long enough to get the rushing title in Week 17 of 2017.  I think the team is wanting to make sure Jones is happy, because he can be be moody.  But he also seems like he's always at risk of tweaking a muscle --- remember the near-scandal of whether or not he was playing Nerf basketball in the locker room?  So I kind of wish the team would have said no.

Hunt was in for 1 series. He got it and left.

I really don't get what you think is funny / "ugh"-worthy.  I didn't expect him to play prior to all of this.  Schefter's tweet indicated he might play, so I was speculating.  Re-reading the tweet I guess there wasn't really a report that he would absolutely play.

Chiefs rookie linebacker Willie Gay has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain. He's looking at a 2-4 week recovery.

Good news really. With 3 weeks to play our next game I would rest him up until Wednesday of the game week and see them how he feels. Would be about 2.5 weeks then. If not good, give him another week and wait until the AFC Championship game to play.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Chiefs rookie linebacker Willie Gay has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain. He's looking at a 2-4 week recovery.

Good news really. With 3 weeks to play our next game I would rest him up until Wednesday of the game week and see them how he feels. Would be about 2.5 weeks then. If not good, give him another week and wait until the AFC Championship game to play.

explain 3 weeks from his injury date on the 3rd..wont the Chiefs play next on the weekend of the 16/17th?

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

explain 3 weeks from his injury date on the 3rd..wont the Chiefs play next on the weekend of the 16/17th?

Well he has 2 to 4 weeks so he has 2 full weeks. I hit 3 by mistake but even then the AFC championship would maybe be possible then. The thing I was trying to convey is that this bye week was huge for him and the team.

(2)Bills vs (7)Colts:  I just don't see the Colts winning this game

(2)Bills WIN

(3)Steelers vs (6)Browns:  This will be the game I'm watching...I think Steelers could easily win this game OR lose this game.  For now I'll say the Steelers lose

(6)Browns WIN

(4)Titans vs (5)Ravens:  Don't see the Ravens stopping Titans run game and I won't even mention Lamar chokaasaurus!  Titans win

(4)Titans WIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)Chiefs vs (6)Browns

and

(2)Bills vs (4)Titans

1 hour ago, Balto said:

(2)Bills vs (7)Colts:  I just don't see the Colts winning this game

(2)Bills WIN

(3)Steelers vs (6)Browns:  This will be the game I'm watching...I think Steelers could easily win this game OR lose this game.  For now I'll say the Steelers lose

(6)Browns WIN

(4)Titans vs (5)Ravens:  Don't see the Ravens stopping Titans run game and I won't even mention Lamar chokaasaurus!  Titans win

(4)Titans WIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)Chiefs vs (6)Browns

and

(2)Bills vs (4)Titans

your delusional

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Bills, Steelers, Ravens win. 

Saints, Rams, Bucs win.

I’d love to see Washington win just to kick Brady’s spoiled brat out.

I have five of those six

im taking Russell Wilson in the other.

44 minutes ago, Balto said:

Are Rams starting backup QB?  That could make it a lot easier for Seattle

Report is that Goff is in better shape now than he was when he finished the game a couple of weeks ago.  Here's betting he plays.  Whether his thumb affects his performance is the question. 

Most important thing for me to see in the games that don't involve is for Rodgers to lose (obviously can't happen this weekend).  Never liked Green Bay, not crazy about him (mostly because he happens to play for Green Bay + the usual star treatment from the media), and he's the player that scares me the most.  So while I might normally be rooting for the underdogs, I want to see TB and NO stick around so they can knock him off and then we can beat them in the rematch.