Chiefs Chargers round 2 GameDay thread

14 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Hate they moved it to 3:25 AND Fox!  Can't stand Fox announcers.

my printed out schedule had it as noon game then another today said 3:25 thats where my confusion  came it..announcers for a meaningless game no way were they going to get decent  announcers

Shefter reports Jones needs 2.5 sacks to collect a million plus bonus and wants to play. KC should just pay the bonuses to players close enough to earn it and then sit them.

Looks like the NFL shot itself in the foot with just one bye team. Most Top AFC teams are sitting starters with nothing to gain. Sadly they are playing teams that have much to gain. Indy fans should be appauled.

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Shefter reports Jones needs 2.5 sacks to collect a million plus bonus and wants to play. KC should just pay the bonuses to players close enough to earn it and then sit them.

Looks like the NFL shot itself in the foot with just one bye team. Most Top AFC teams are sitting starters with nothing to gain. Sadly they are playing teams that have much to gain. Indy fans should be appauled.

Fuck Jones he's gettn plenty of $$ shouldn't have to wait till the last game to see how hard he tries and Bonus $$ goes against the cap and they need all the help they can get..spending $$ like a true Californiac

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Screw the bonus. He should have earned it in a game that matters and with the cap situation coming up I don't think we should waste any of it on a bonus coming up in a meaningless game. 

I agree 100% but is it worth losing the  Big Goal? If he gets hurt can KC win it all? 

32 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree.  If the Pack sits Rodgers and gives the Bears a free shot at a playoff spot, it's just wrong.  Same with the Steelers/Browns.  Fans have a right to be mad. 

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Fuck Jones he's gettn plenty of $$ shouldn't have to wait till the last game to see how hard he tries and Bonus $$ goes against the cap and they need all the help they can get..spending $$ like a true Californiac

Agree yet is it worth him risking injury vs winning it all? I think KC chances take a big hit without Jones. 

I don't think it's a surprise for anyone, there's always the chance of a solid team sneaking in as the 7th but everyone talked about how meaningless last week would be for better teams that have nothing to gain. I'm not sure if they earn anything extra in terms of TV money but the last week will probably be useless for quite a while. 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree 100% but is it worth losing the  Big Goal? If he gets hurt can KC win it all? 

Mike Evans out going for a record of 7 straight 1000 yard seasons to begin a career. After doing so he twisted his knee and was in pain. Looks to be out for the playoffs with TB. He fucking sits. His fault for not getting it 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30643844/tampa-bay-buccaneers-mike-evans-hurts-knee-play-setting-record

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  If the Pack sits Rodgers and gives the Bears a free shot at a playoff spot, it's just wrong.  Same with the Steelers/Browns.  Fans have a right to be mad. 

I disagree, each team had the entire season to take care of business. Those who did don't owe anyone a damn thing. Guess the rule to remember is to show up and play every weekend and don't suck. 

52 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I disagree, each team had the entire season to take care of business. Those who did don't owe anyone a damn thing. Guess the rule to remember is to show up and play every weekend and don't suck. 

That's not really the point.  The league taking away a bye and adding a wild card was their attempt to stop these late season games where starters weren't playing.  Fans don't like paying for games with backups that amount to the equivalent of preseason games, and the league doesn't like it either.