Chiefs Chargers round 2 GameDay thread

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Ok fellas and ladies if there are any here,  I didn’t get to watch the game today.  Can someone tell me what happened to Gay and Baker? How serious and is there a chance for either to be back for the playoffs or the start of next year?   
Thanks for the info.

Gay was an ankle, he was limping.  They initially said questionable to return, no additional information.  So who knows, at least a chance he's back for the playoffs I guess.

Baker was a non-contact injury, he slipped in coverage and his knee / leg went all kinds of wrong.  It was gruesome.  He was carted off.  He's obviously done for the year and maybe longer.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Gay was an ankle, he was limping.  They initially said questionable to return, no additional information.  So who knows, at least a chance he's back for the playoffs I guess.

Baker was a non-contact injury, he slipped in coverage and his knee / leg went all kinds of wrong.  It was gruesome.  He was carted off.  He's obviously done for the year and maybe longer.

Yea, Baker is probably out for most of next season too...I couldn't watch the replay because I broke my leg in a freakish gruesome way, so I had my son rewatch...he said it was extremely bad.

1 minute ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Andy needs to put some of these OLINE starters in the playoff games...

The backup DLINE seems to have good depth behind our starters.]

Everyone  where else looks like hot garbage.

Yup.  No LB or CB depth...at all

18 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Dang had hoped Baker would give us the freedom to bring back Breeland or Ward and not have to invest a ton of capital in that position.    Hopefully two weeks will allow Gay to be back, if for no other reason for depth because we have none there.    We haven't had Baker all year so its no big deal this year with him out but again was hoping we'd get a first round talent for nothing and maybe train him up for some comp picks down the road.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We were at a sports bar and couldn't get the details with all the other games and people around us so can someone tell me who started on the O-line and who looked good there?  Thanks. 

I know Rankin was in there at LT, not sure about anyone else. They looked better to me, but I missed  big portions of the game.  Rankin messed up and gave up a safety 

5 minutes ago, qnet said:

I know Rankin was in there at LT, not sure about anyone else. They looked better to me, but I missed  big portions of the game.  Rankin messed up and gave up a safety 

No way I'm blaming any member of the OL when we're doing something stupid like a power run from inside our own 1.  That safety is on Reid, not Rankin.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

No way I'm blaming any member of the OL when we're doing something stupid like a power run from inside our own 1.  That safety is on Reid, not Rankin.

You're probably right. I went out to eat , after things started snowballing; and missed a lot of the game. I only saw the replay of Rankin getting beat.

GEEZ this was like the 4th exhibition game. No reason to think any of this matters. Good bad or ugly. Does not matter. Injuries yes. Results no. 

Look at who Buffalo & Baltimore beat. A long list of mostly not great teams. KC defeated both teams this season. Tenn  has not changed. NO pass rush. Cleve is a fraud. Barely scored more points than their opponents. Indy has KCs favorite Cry Me A RIVERS at QB. You know MR Pick Six. Pitts has an old statue at QB.

Im more concerned about COVID than any AFC Team.

Odds are KC may be defeated and thats the NFL. You need some luck, no bad bounces, no key in game injuries and someone to make a freak game changing play. KC has plenty of playmakers.

KC has MAHOMES. Case closed.

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Baker broken femur, Gay sprained ankle, Fenton "hurt" both ankles. All per Reid.

Oh dang, broken femur.  They say that's literally the worst pain you can have.  I just watched the replay, you can see it breaks just above the knee.