Chiefs Chargers round 2 GameDay thread

17 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Baker broken femur, Gay sprained ankle, Fenton "hurt" both ankles. All per Reid.

Does Baker going on IR affect our team control of him for next season?  I thought I saw that if he was on the 53 for the playoffs, we would have him as a ERFA.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Per the stories I'm reading and rewatching it I think it's the femur (above the knee, not below).

My Bad I meant femur. Lets hope its a simple break.

How long does it take to fully recover from a broken femur?
Most femoral fractures take about 4 to 6 months to heal completely, but you should be able to resume many activities before this time.

13 minutes ago, dksww said:

Does Baker going on IR affect our team control of him for next season?  I thought I saw that if he was on the 53 for the playoffs, we would have him as a ERFA.

Even with surgery, plates, screws, etc. This is an injury that will allow him to be ready for camp next yr. As long as there's no ligaments or tendons involved, this is about best case.

Imagine the recovery from the surgery though. All the muscle they have to go through the get to the bone...sheesh. Painful as hell. 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Pringle>Hardman. 
I’m officially concerned about Hardman. I expected him to breakout this season. He’s impressed me zero.

Not sure why AFCwest facepalmed you bro.  He must have confused that button with space bar or return or something because he uses it a lot.    This was a big game for him and Pringle and Robinson got more targets and did more than Hardman.   That fumble was huge when your playing backups vs starters.   Even without that he just hasn't developed after two years into anything much more than a better version of Dexter McCluster or any other gadget player we've had over the years.   I often wonder if the KC brass knew after his first year because we were rumored to be in on Ruggs if he fell.    

Not saying he can't get it figured out but there has been very little progression in his game since we drafted him.   Hope I'm wrong but my guess is we will address a #2 and #3 wr in the offseason and he will remain the gadget player backup speed wr.   

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Even with surgery, plates, screws, etc. This is an injury that will allow him to be ready for camp next yr. As long as there's no ligaments or tendons involved, this is about best case.

Imagine the recovery from the surgery though. All the muscle they have to go through the get to the bone...sheesh. Painful as hell. 

Do we know it is just a broke femur could there be more damage they haven't found yet?    Obviously the femur is serious and needs to be dealt with first but curious if that was all.   Hoping so, but not sure you can count on him for start of season.   Maybe can count on solid depth player for 2021 which is the best possible news considering how bad that looked.

56 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Do we know it is just a broke femur could there be more damage they haven't found yet?    Obviously the femur is serious and needs to be dealt with first but curious if that was all.   Hoping so, but not sure you can count on him for start of season.   Maybe can count on solid depth player for 2021 which is the best possible news considering how bad that looked.

Since its above the knee, I'm hoping no ligament damage. All 4 of those ligaments attach to the femur though. MCL and LCL attach a little higher up on the outside. ACL and PCL are right in the middle, criss crossed behind the knee cap.  I'm sure we will know tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure why AFCwest facepalmed you bro.  He must have confused that button with space bar or return or something because he uses it a lot.    This was a big game for him and Pringle and Robinson got more targets and did more than Hardman.   That fumble was huge when your playing backups vs starters.   Even without that he just hasn't developed after two years into anything much more than a better version of Dexter McCluster or any other gadget player we've had over the years.   I often wonder if the KC brass knew after his first year because we were rumored to be in on Ruggs if he fell.    

Not saying he can't get it figured out but there has been very little progression in his game since we drafted him.   Hope I'm wrong but my guess is we will address a #2 and #3 wr in the offseason and he will remain the gadget player backup speed wr.   

I pay no mind. 
Pringle plays FAST. He’s going to be the #3 wr next year. Hardman is out of excuses.

The only positive for offense is probably seeing Pringle back. Not that he's a star or anything but way ahead of both Robinson and Hardman as a receiver. He'll be a RFA after this season but I hope they bring him back definitely #3 WR right now and has the upside to be #2 down the line. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

I pay no mind. 
Pringle plays FAST. He’s going to be the #3 wr next year. Hardman is out of excuses.

Hopefully by the playoffs rather than waiting for next year. I know they like Robinson for some reason but Pringle is much better in every area of the game and looks like our best blocker since Conley in the open field. 

Mecoles issue is route running and had no formal offseason to work on it with coaches.  You all may think it's easy but it's not.  Hell Metcalf can't run routes either he's just bigger and faster than corners.  Most rookie WRs also take 3 years to come on in Andy's system.  We've known this forever and it's like everybody forgets.  Give it some time.  Kelce used to be a bonehead too until he matured and learned to run routes.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Mecoles issue is route running and had no formal offseason to work on it with coaches.  You all may think it's easy but it's not.  Hell Metcalf can't run routes either he's just bigger and faster than corners.  Most rookie WRs also take 3 years to come on in Andy's system.  We've known this forever and it's like everybody forgets.  Give it some time.  Kelce used to be a bonehead too until he matured and learned to run routes.

Winner 

We should have taken DK but that's water under the bridge now.  Development isn't always linear and while it sucks that Mecole hasn't progressed when we really needed him to if there was any year where you could justifiably give a 2nd year player a mulligan it's this year.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

We should have taken DK but that's water under the bridge now.  Development isn't always linear and while it sucks that Mecole hasn't progressed when we really needed him to if there was any year where you could justifiably give a 2nd year player a mulligan it's this year.

Yep

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

F next year..send him packing

I consider him a bust.  He is very fast but he is obviously unintelligent.  He can't learn his routes. He is only assigned the most vanilla routes. He gives up without completing them, his hands are mediocre at best.  But most of all, he makes one bad decision after another, especially on returns.  He tries to run it back, even when it is obviously too much of a risk, then he runs backwards or sideways.  He just plain has poor concentration while receiving and poor decision making on ST.  It is purely mental, but not the type of mental that can be fixed by study and practice.  Either that, or he does not study or practice at it hard enough.  Either way, it make no difference.  I am out of patience with him learning to play at the pro level.  Sad to say, but he should be gone.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I consider him a bust.  He is very fast but he is obviously unintelligent.  He can't learn his routes. He is only assigned the most vanilla routes. He gives up without completing them, his hands are mediocre at best.  But most of all, he makes one bad decision after another, especially on returns.  He tries to run it back, even when it is obviously too much of a risk, then he runs backwards or sideways.  He just plain has poor concentration while receiving and poor decision making on ST.  It is purely mental, but not the type of mental that can be fixed by study and practice.  Either that, or he does not study or practice at it hard enough.  Either way, it make no difference.  I am out of patience with him learning to play at the pro level.  Sad to say, but he should be gone.

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN