Chiefs Chargers round 2 GameDay thread

1 hour ago, xen said:

Mecoles issue is route running and had no formal offseason to work on it with coaches.  You all may think it's easy but it's not.  Hell Metcalf can't run routes either he's just bigger and faster than corners.  Most rookie WRs also take 3 years to come on in Andy's system.  We've known this forever and it's like everybody forgets.  Give it some time.  Kelce used to be a bonehead too until he matured and learned to run routes.

Ok, fair enough but it’s the drops and fumbles.

what is your take on Pringle. Anytime he can get an opportunity, he flashes. 

Just now, Calichief said:

This.

I don't understand why so many here have hated on Robinson the last couple of years.  He has really impressed me the last two years.  He flashes.  He is a big possesion receiver and good on ST.  I just am thinking that Pringle is even better in those roles.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't understand why so many here have hated on Robinson the last couple of years.  He has really impressed me the last two years.  He flashes.  He is a big possesion receiver and good on ST.  I just am thinking that Pringle is even better in those roles.

Robinsons drops at key moments are what did it. 

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

My Bad I meant femur. Lets hope its a simple break.

How long does it take to fully recover from a broken femur?
Most femoral fractures take about 4 to 6 months to heal completely, but you should be able to resume many activities before this time.

Yep.  This won't hurt him for next year.  He deserves a big look in camp.

Just now, Calichief said:

Robinsons drops at key moments are what did it. 

Doesn't seem like that is true this year or the last half of last year.  That is what has amazed me. He's missed a few catchable passes, but those were not optimal.  On his side or  behind him a bit.

searched for this post i remembered regarding Baker and what the future is for him

What’s interesting here is that the Chiefs have kept Baker on the practice squad long enough to keep this year from counting, because one accrued season equals six games. For Baker, the most he can play in 2020 is now five games. That means the Chiefs have two more full years with Baker under their complete control at likely a league minimum cost.

Even after his ERFA status is up, the Chiefs will still have the rights to Baker as a restricted free agent entering the 2023 season. In short, the Chiefs have a first round pick at the cost of a rookie free agent yet control him all the same as if they drafted him in the first place. If Baker plays remotely like a first round pick, this is a ridiculous gift for the Chiefs.

11 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Looking more and more like we should have taken Metcalf. Hardman has next year to really step up his game and his route running.

I wanted Jefferson this past year. That kid is a stud. Polished.

10 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Doesn't seem like that is true this year or the last half of last year.  That is what has amazed me. He's missed a few catchable passes, but those were not optimal.  On his side or  behind him a bit.

He’s been better this year.

30 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

For me this year it is he has a hard time knowing who he is.  Just because he is apart of the legion of zoom doesn't mean he has tyreek speed.  

Robinson runs backwards to much trying to make plays.  That's not his game. Catch the ball and get up field. 

Robinson also has a bad habit of carrying the ball with one hand outside his body.  

If he could fix this two things I think he could be a good Watkins replacement.  Or at least battle Pringle for that spot.  I like Pringle better. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Mecoles issue is route running and had no formal offseason to work on it with coaches.  You all may think it's easy but it's not.  Hell Metcalf can't run routes either he's just bigger and faster than corners.  Most rookie WRs also take 3 years to come on in Andy's system.  We've known this forever and it's like everybody forgets.  Give it some time.  Kelce used to be a bonehead too until he matured and learned to run routes.

I don't understand how it can take so long to learn routes. Hardman's only contributions seem to come from trick plays or out of the backfield but as a pure receiver he has been a bust IMO. Rather than the playbook or the routes I think his biggest issue is simply decision making. He has 4 fumbles in 2 season of football and doesn't even get enough touches/looks to warrant that many fumbles. His hands aren't that good either, in fact just a faster Robinson in that regard.

On the other hand there's Pringle who seems to be much better than both Hardman and Robinson whenever he gets the chance. I was expecting Hardman to be our #2 by this year but right now I think he's #5 WR behind Robinson who simply has been less bad. I think Pringle replaces Watkins in 2021 and we would likely be better off getting rid of the other two in favor of some guys with upside. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I don't understand how it can take so long to learn routes. Hardman's only contributions seem to come from trick plays or out of the backfield but as a pure receiver he has been a bust IMO. Rather than the playbook or the routes I think his biggest issue is simply decision making. He has 4 fumbles in 2 season of football and doesn't even get enough touches/looks to warrant that many fumbles. His hands aren't that good either, in fact just a faster Robinson in that regard.

On the other hand there's Pringle who seems to be much better than both Hardman and Robinson whenever he gets the chance. I was expecting Hardman to be our #2 by this year but right now I think he's #5 WR behind Robinson who simply has been less bad. I think Pringle replaces Watkins in 2021 and we would likely be better off getting rid of the other two in favor of some guys with upside. 

Because you don't know how to run NFL routes doesn’t mean it's not hard.  There's a reason receivers take so long to learn to do it at an elite level.  Guys that can do it in college are few and far between.  Georgia's offense just had them running to spots on the field, which is what a lot of spread systems do.  

Reminder Tyreek took 3 years to learn how to run routes.

Just now, xen said:

Because you don't know how to run NFL routes doesn’t mean it's not hard.  There's a reason receivers take so long to learn to do it at an elite level.  Guys that can do it in college are few and far between.  Georgia's offense just had them running to spots on the field, which is what a lot of spread systems do.  

Reminder Tyreek took 3 years to learn how to run routes.

See Joe Horn. Im sure there are 31 teams that would love Hardman. He is also a reason Hill and Kelce get open. Teams fear all that speed. Was Hardman not the guy that got KC going down 24-0 against Houston? Yes he has things to work on. Most do.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

See Joe Horn. Im sure there are 31 teams that would love Hardman. He is also a reason Hill and Kelce get open. Teams fear all that speed. Was Hardman not the guy that got KC going down 24-0 against Houston? Yes he has things to work on. Most do.

He definitely has a lot to work on.  Starting with routes and hands.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

He definitely has a lot to work on.  Starting with routes and hands.

Yep. If Hill pulled up with a hammy it is nice to know that Hardman can at least stretch the field. The guy is a playmaker and some of his so drops were great plays by the defense or passes that were a little off target. Hi Expectations but there are very few Hills in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

Reminds me of the Ford days, trying really hard to find some upside. In 2 NFL seasons Hardman doesn't seem to be running any routes, still has stone hands, apparently can't get open, can't hold on to the ball, etc. Even with top 2 WRs out he seems to be the 3rd in line among the backups and doesn't even get looks in that setup. 

A 2nd round pick who seems to be the #5 guy on the depth chart after 2 seasons is a bust. If we needed a guy that will produce in year 3 or 4 (apparently) that's what UDFAs are for. 

What's scary is that Hardman was drafted with the idea that Hill might be lost.  Hardman may still come around, but he has to look the ball into his hands before looking at probable tacklers.  Some have said that he's trying too hard to make the big play rather than securing the ball first.  Could be.  It would seem that after two seasons, he could learn when and where to plant a foot, make a cut, and find the ball.  Robinson is a different case.  He just doesn't seem able to get on the same page as Mahomes in many cases.  He loses track of where the first down markers is, retreats in a futile attempt to make extra yardage, and carries the ball dangerously.  Time to cut Robinson.  

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

I thought Tim Ward played well. Sack, TFL, 5 tackles. I'd like to see more of him, less of KPass

You may get your wish.  Kpass is a free agent and Ward looked like he could rotate with Danna and the Chiefs wouldn't lose anything.

I think the Chiefs learned or confirmed a lot yesterday.  Hamilton is worthless.  BoPete isn't close to being even a rotational player yet.  Baker, if healthy, can play.  Pringle can play.  Saunders can replace Pennell.  Thompson can play if the Chiefs need a RB.  Hardman needs a brain adjustment.  Rankin is a better guard than tackle.  Kilgore is a better center than Reiter.  Wish Gay could have played the game.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You may get your wish.  Kpass is a free agent and Ward looked like he could rotate with Danna and the Chiefs wouldn't lose anything.

I think the Chiefs learned or confirmed a lot yesterday.  Hamilton is worthless.  BoPete isn't close to being even a rotational player yet.  Baker, if healthy, can play.  Pringle can play.  Saunders can replace Pennell.  Thompson can play if the Chiefs need a RB.  Hardman needs a brain adjustment.  Rankin is a better guard than tackle.  Kilgore is a better center than Reiter.  Wish Gay could have played the game.

I agree with almost everything here. Especially Pringle. That guy gets everything he can out of any opportunity. He hates to get tackled and has good hands. I'll differ on the Saunders/Pennell comparison but it's close.