Chiefs Chargers round 2 GameDay thread

54 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I agree with almost everything here. Especially Pringle. That guy gets everything he can out of any opportunity. He hates to get tackled and has good hands. I'll differ on the Saunders/Pennell comparison but it's close.

i cannot remember but was it pringle who broke 4-5 tackles on a particular play?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

You may get your wish.  Kpass is a free agent and Ward looked like he could rotate with Danna and the Chiefs wouldn't lose anything.

I think the Chiefs learned or confirmed a lot yesterday.  Hamilton is worthless.  BoPete isn't close to being even a rotational player yet.  Baker, if healthy, can play.  Pringle can play.  Saunders can replace Pennell.  Thompson can play if the Chiefs need a RB.  Hardman needs a brain adjustment.  Rankin is a better guard than tackle.  Kilgore is a better center than Reiter.  Wish Gay could have played the game.

Hell everybody here was ready to write off Darwin when he got benched earlier this season.  Let's write off mecole early too.

C'mon y'all 

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

Ok, fair enough but it’s the drops and fumbles.

what is your take on Pringle. Anytime he can get an opportunity, he flashes. 

I like Pringle but seems like every so often he gets a chance, looks great, then promptly gets lost in the shuffle again.  I think he just needs a bigger showcase to show what he can do.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

You may get your wish.  Kpass is a free agent and Ward looked like he could rotate with Danna and the Chiefs wouldn't lose anything.

I think the Chiefs learned or confirmed a lot yesterday.  Hamilton is worthless.  BoPete isn't close to being even a rotational player yet.  Baker, if healthy, can play.  Pringle can play.  Saunders can replace Pennell.  Thompson can play if the Chiefs need a RB.  Hardman needs a brain adjustment.  Rankin is a better guard than tackle.  Kilgore is a better center than Reiter.  Wish Gay could have played the game.

I wonder if bopete would be better as a safety? He was physical in his tackles. 

Could be a better Sorenson type

41 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I can't figure out why Saunders doesn't get activated. He is Stouuuut.

Fucked up his elbow and then it turns out Wharton is a superstud.  Who knew.  We typically just carry 4 tackles on GameDay and a the other 4 can all play.

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I agree with almost everything here. Especially Pringle. That guy gets everything he can out of any opportunity. He hates to get tackled and has good hands. I'll differ on the Saunders/Pennell comparison but it's close.

Saunders may not be as good at run stopping right now as Pennell but Pennell probably won't be here next year and thus the statement that Saunders could replace him.  Saunders is so athletic for a 325# guy that it's freaky.  Nor am I writing off Hardman.  Like several other players, the light may come on in his third year, but his mistakes are more mental than physical and one has to wonder if he really has the mentality to play in Reid's offense.

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Saunders may not be as good at run stopping right now as Pennell but Pennell probably won't be here next year and thus the statement that Saunders could replace him.  Saunders is so athletic for a 325# guy that it's freaky.  Nor am I writing off Hardman.  Like several other players, the light may come on in his third year, but his mistakes are more mental than physical and one has to wonder if he really has the mentality to play in Reid's offense.

Oh no doubt Mecole has a lot to prove next year.  He needs to go do whatever tyreek does.  That guy trains like a madman in the offseason.  Ironically Mecole would have good value in a trade if we were so inclined.  Rare speed has a premium.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:10 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Even with surgery, plates, screws, etc. This is an injury that will allow him to be ready for camp next yr. As long as there's no ligaments or tendons involved, this is about best case.

Imagine the recovery from the surgery though. All the muscle they have to go through the get to the bone...sheesh. Painful as hell. 

So does him going on IR affect his ERFA status for us ?

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not sure.

Xen!!! Where are you?

If he is paid, it counts as a good year whether on IR or not. We will have to tag said player for a round designation and  I believe get a chance to match contract or we get the round/draft pick tendered from that team who signs him.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Guts on RGR seemed to indicate last night that the Chiefs had control of Baker for two years.  Don't know if they know what they're talking about, but they are usually accurate. 

Actually he is unsigned next year. With his injury and him knowing this team now, he might be a cheap sign next year for us. I can see a 3 year deal with not much money.

Deandre Baker signed a 1 year, $58,800 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including an average annual salary of $58,800. In 2020, Baker will earn a base salary of $58,800, while carrying a cap hit of $58,800.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Guts on RGR seemed to indicate last night that the Chiefs had control of Baker for two years.  Don't know if they know what they're talking about, but they are usually accurate. 

I think thats right since he was only in his 2nd year in the NFL

40 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Actually he is unsigned next year. With his injury and him knowing this team now, he might be a cheap sign next year for us. I can see a 3 year deal with not much money.

Deandre Baker signed a 1 year, $58,800 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including an average annual salary of $58,800. In 2020, Baker will earn a base salary of $58,800, while carrying a cap hit of $58,800.

I think we control his rights next year. Sorry to interrupt this debate you seem to be having with yourself.

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think we control his rights next year. Sorry to interrupt this debate you seem to be having with yourself.

With myself? I am just showing what I find. There is no numbers next to his contract next year. All I have found is we signed him for this year as shown above. Try finding more yourself Lukas.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Not sure how that works, but Baker was on a rookie contract which for a first rounder is four years extendable to five.  He's being paid by the original team whatever was guaranteed in 2019 and the Chiefs are paying a token amount which you found at $58,000.  The Chiefs should still have Baker under control according to his rookie contract, thus two more years.  I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure how that works, but Baker was on a rookie contract which for a first rounder is four years extendable to five.  He's being paid by the original team whatever was guaranteed in 2019 and the Chiefs are paying a token amount which you found at $58,000.  The Chiefs should still have Baker under control according to his rookie contract, thus two more years.  I could be wrong. 

Yeah. I see no money though on his contract.  Also once he was cut he became a FA. Dies his rookie contract still hold then? I mean Hunt was in the same boat and did it not become his 2nd contract thus negating his rookie deal?  That is what is so weird. It shows 2021 KC next to him but no monies at all per cap/contract. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/deandre-baker-29065/#