Philly throw that WTF game and if so why?

oldtimer

That had to be one of the most bewildering  coaching decisions  ever made. That 3rd string Philly QB was  awful, you could see it in Hurts and Kelce's eyes it was like WTF? So what do you think it was for.. Draft pick placement from 10 to a 6 or does Pederson want fired?

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Nothing to play for except draft position.  Obvious tank job.

Agreed.  From their standpoint it is stupid to win that game.  But from the NFL standpoint, there were playoff consequences.  I don't suppose they could or would do anything about it, but I'm sure they don't like that in a game that was flexed to prime time.  

21 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Hard to tell if they threw it or not. That team is a train wreck that crashed into a dumpster fire.

The Iggles probably wouldn't have won anyway, but they had near zero chance after putting in the zero experience QB.  Is there a difference in throwing the game or just killing any reasonable chance to win it?  It was best for Philly, but a stain on the NFL.  Listening to Collingsworth whine made it worthwhile though.  How would it feel to be an O-lineman getting knocked around when you know the coaches want to fail?  

I get it and was upset too what Philly did.  Then I thought about it some more....Let’s me ask why is what they did any better/worse than Reid sitting starters?  Yes we had playoffs locked up and it was best for OUR team to sit our studs.....but why is that ok and Philly, who had nothing to play for, letting their 3rd string QB play some because win or lose they are not getting into the playoffs.

Shouldn't every be mad because KC didn’t do it’s best to win?

I feel a little bad for the Washington defense. I’m sure they don’t like the insinuation that they would lose with Hurts out there. I’m sure they would’ve love to beat him. They wouldn’t take a loss over it, of course, but all this talk about Philadelphia giving it to them. It would’ve been harder, but Hurts didn’t play well in the second half anyway.

He had three passing opportunities on his last drive to score and he didn’t. He had the two running touchdowns in the first half, but he was 7/20 for 72 yards. Despite how poorly the offense played, this wasn’t a foregone conclusion for Philadelphia. Hurts had an interception as well so who knows if that would have led to a pick six if he had played? Games change in moments.

The quarterbacks and center knew that Sudfield was going to play. One person I heard was upset saying that the plan was one half each, but once they decided to go more with Hurts they should have just stick with him.

I like Rivera’s response I saw on ESPN where he said that no one was complaining about the Steelers resting when that hurt Miami’s chances. No one was concerned when Smith, Terry McLaurin, and Antonio Gibson were out. “Not apologizing for winning.”