Mahomes tested positive or was in the Covid protocol and could NOT play

1. Can the Chiefs win one game without him but with all starters?
  2. Can the Chiefs win 2 games without him but all the starters?

*Hypothetical question- I had it- I wish it on no one....even Zen

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Could ask that of any team in the play offs. The answer is the same for all. Doubtful. 

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Well we won last year without him. Not saying it would be easy but it has been done.

Possible to win a game with Henne for sure.  But I would not pin our hopes on two games with Henne at quarterback.  Same as I would not expect the Ravens, Steelers, Titans, Colts, Bills, or Browns to win multiple playoff games with backup quarterbacks.  It would just be an unfortunate thing that would likely end whoever's season it happened to.  Probably of any of the AFC teams, we could stand it as well as any. 

Titans are the only team that could do it, and only because of their RB.  It would take a herculean effort by their defense, but they are the only one.  

Mahomes and Allen are the most irreplaceable players in the playoffs right now, as they are the two best QBs in the AFC by a wide margin.  

With Mahomes proven now,  what are your guys thoughts on getting a developmental guy as a backup now instead of an old washed up vet?

Like a josh Ta'amu. I guy with a similar playing style to mahomes. 

Develop the young kid and trade him off for a draft pick after a couple years.  

Much like Reid did with Kolb back in the days.  

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

With Mahomes proven now,  what are your guys thoughts on getting a developmental guy as a backup now instead of an old washed up vet?

Like a josh Ta'amu. I guy with a similar playing style to mahomes. 

Develop the young kid and trade him off for a draft pick after a couple years.  

Much like Reid did with Kolb back in the days.  

I've actually been thinking the same but I might wait a year.  KC has only been carrying 2 QB's until the practice squad rules changes this year.  Mahomes is still young enough that he gets a lot of benefit from an older guy to help dissect defensive film during the week.  The QBs do a lot of that study work themselves, in addition to the coaches.

16 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Possible to win a game with Henne for sure.  But I would not pin our hopes on two games with Henne at quarterback.  Same as I would not expect the Ravens, Steelers, Titans, Colts, Bills, or Browns to win multiple playoff games with backup quarterbacks.  It would just be an unfortunate thing that would likely end whoever's season it happened to.  Probably of any of the AFC teams, we could stand it as well as any. 

Ravens could just run the football with 4 RB's and running QB in Huntley as the backup. Doubt anyone else could do that even the Titans

49 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens could just run the football with 4 RB's and running QB in Huntley as the backup. Doubt anyone else could do that even the Titans

No offense, but you aren't going to the Super Bowl with Huntley at QB for 2 games.  I thought that was the question. 

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Even the best running teams won't run well without a threat of a passing attack.  The Chiefs proved that with Jamal some years ago.  Opponents put eight or nine in the box. 

The Covid virus is a sneaky beast.  Even when mild, it can affect the body and mind slightly on a permanent basis. It can knock out a few neurons here and there.  Most people would never even notice it.  But  slow down Mahomes mental processing by even 0.1% or his arm strength, and he would become merely a normal top 10 QB.  I am still not sure that it was worth it for the NFL to even have this season, even though we all desperately needed it.  Just sayin'