Texans don’t interview EB

5 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Watson was advocating for EB. Instead, they hire another ex-patriots in Daniels. 

Now apparently he’s rumored to be requesting a trade. CraZy eh.

actually the only hire they have made is the new GM Nick Caserio, apparently Watson and other players wanted them to go a different direction. Basically the owner said yeah yeah Deshaun we hear you but ended up doing what they wanted to do (that is the owners prerogative) now he is mad and there is another member of the FO that they want fired like yesterday...stand by 

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

actually the only hire they have made is the new GM Nick Caserio, apparently Watson and other players wanted them to go a different direction. Basically the owner said yeah yeah Deshaun we hear you but ended up doing what they wanted to do (that is the owners prerogative) now he is mad and there is another member of the FO that they want fired like yesterday...stand by 

I read he wasn't mad at who they hired but he had a few guys he wanted them to at least talk to and they didn't.  You'd think you could have at least talked to the guys, it’s just a zoom call.  

39 minutes ago, xen said:

I read he wasn't mad at who they hired but he had a few guys he wanted them to at least talk to and they didn't.  You'd think you could have at least talked to the guys, it’s just a zoom call.  

So the inmates should run the asylum?  A good owner should listen to the employees, but he has to make his own decisions.  If Reid retired, Hunt would probably listen to Mahomes about a replacement, but it would still be Hunt's call.  Watson is out of line here.  

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So the inmates should run the asylum?  A good owner should listen to the employees, but he has to make his own decisions.  If Reid retired, Hunt would probably listen to Mahomes about a replacement, but it would still be Hunt's call.  Watson is out of line here.  

Then McNair is an Idiot if he does not seriously entertain one of his most prominent employees thoughts or wishes. yes he is the owner but if they continue to suck ass (no draft picks and very little available money) then he may not be for much longer, Nobody watches chiefs games to hopefully catch a glimpse of Clark Hunt

I don’t blame Watson. It’s not that they didn’t hire the guy he wanted, it’s that they didn’t even interview him. They were basically the only team not to. He found out about the team GM hire on social media. They hired a BB guy who took away his only great receiver. Then they hired another one without even discussing it with him. Houston is a clown show. We talk to Pat about draft picks so I am pretty sure we would discuss GM and HC with him. You can’t just not give a damn about what your young, frustrated top 5 franchise QB thinks. 

We wont know all of the conversations between Watson and the owner, but at the end of the day, Watson is a employee and they made there decision. Watson needs to suck it up and stop complaining. He does not run the organization. He is getting paid to run the offense.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

We wont know all of the conversations between Watson and the owner, but at the end of the day, Watson is a employee and they made there decision. Watson needs to suck it up and stop complaining. He does not run the organization. He is getting paid to run the offense.

like the little dutch boy sticking his finger in a leak...good luck with that 

Yeah not a good look to tell your qb that he has a say then not even interview the guy/s he says he’d like you to look at.    Watson doesn’t have a say but after allowing Bob to dismantle your team after he should have fired and then hiring another goon from NE would be tough for anyone to swallow.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Well if you tell him you want his input and then don't give him input that's bad leadership.  I assume you didn't hear the part where they asked for his input first.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Well if you tell him you want his input and then don't give him input that's bad leadership.  I assume you didn't hear the part where they asked for his input first.

Yep.

Watson is your "Franchise" QB and you tell him he will be included in the decision-making process..."Included" not have the final say so. And on top of that, they won't even interview the applicant he favors?? To me that's a slap in the face and Deshawn can't trust them. 

As long as the Texans continue to run their organization like this...They will continue to SUCK!

That's good for us!

What is the percent of BB disciples that have worked out?   Flores?    Patricia, BoB, McDaniels, Pioli, have all ruined franchises.   There never was a Patriot way, only the greatest coach and qb of all time playing well together.   Andy and Mahomes have a chance to take that title because BB isn't getting that thing rebuilt anytime soon.

Maybe the candidates Watson wanted interview just weren't good candidates in the eyes of ownership.  He's a player not a scout or salary cap adviser. I get giving him input on a coach, but don't buy into the GM recommendations.  GM usually plays the bad guy and takes the heat in player relations as a buffer for the coach, as long as the coach is a fit at the end of the day then that's what counts. 

45 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Maybe the candidates Watson wanted interview just weren't good candidates in the eyes of ownership.  He's a player not a scout or salary cap adviser. I get giving him input on a coach, but don't buy into the GM recommendations.  GM usually plays the bad guy and takes the heat in player relations as a buffer for the coach, as long as the coach is a fit at the end of the day then that's what counts. 

Well apparently Watson was excited or wanted them to interview/hire EB...aaaannndd they're not.

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

i agree, but this is the LeBron effect . . . I'm sooo good I'm gonna tell ya what's best!