Texans don’t interview EB

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Houston has now requested an interview. Sounds like they don't like the idea of Watson asking for a trade. He hasn't yet, but you could see it coming.

Costs them nothing to interview EB.  They fill the square with Watson then hire who they want anyway.  Don't understand why it took this long to do that.  

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Sometimes people don’t know until they take a step. With interviews and other internal processing and soul searching, sometimes folks decide to not proceed.

I understand that not every with experience and ability want to risk the next step, but think most people who have risen to the title of OC probably have it in them to seek the highest level possible.  In my profession, everyone in the right seat couldn't wait to have a shot at being in the left. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I understand that not every with experience and ability want to risk the next step, but think most people who have risen to the title of OC probably have it in them to seek the highest level possible.  In my profession, everyone in the right seat couldn't wait to have a shot at being in the left. 

Clown car driver?

20 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Houston has now requested an interview. Sounds like they don't like the idea of Watson asking for a trade. He hasn't yet, but you could see it coming.

If i am EB i avoid the Texans at all costs now, they asked for the interview only because Watson has been bitching about it, so they are trying calm him down

It sounds like the FO is all kinds of fucked up,(they fired their HC back in Oct or early Nov) almost like when we had Pioli and Haley. they have had plenty of time to get things together.

Maybe EB doesn't interview well, maybe teams don't want to wait another three or Four weeks (cannot blame them). 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Poles getting a second interview for GM in Carolina. If he is hired andvEB lands a HC gig, doesn't that mean we will have 3 third rounders this year?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/13/ryan-poles-scott-fitterer-get-second-interviews-with-panthers/

No the picks would be spread over 3 years.

1 hour ago, xen said:

We would have our 3rd rounder. EB 3rd rounder this and next year and a 3rd rounder from Poles this year. If Poles is hired next year we would get two 3rd rounders then dor him next year and the year after.

Since both could be hired this year we would only get three 3rd rounders from both.  Two this year and ine next year plus our regular draft picks. 

The gist of the resolution:

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

7 hours ago, xen said:

Link me. What Kyle posted below would seem to dispute this a bit. Unless I'm not understanding you...Are you saying if the second scenario unfolds we do get 3 third rounders but only one is available each of the next 3 drafts?

49 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Link me. What Kyle posted below would seem to dispute this a bit. Unless I'm not understanding you...Are you saying if the second scenario unfolds we do get 3 third rounders but only one is available each of the next 3 drafts?

Right.  A head coach and GM hire in the same year would net you 3 total picks, but you'd receive them as one 3rd round pick each year over 3 consecutive years. 

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-owners-pass-resolution-rewarding-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

Excerpt:

If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

As far as I can tell the loophole would be a coach gets hired one year and a GM the next year.  That would net you 4 picks total over 3 years, with 2 picks coming in year 2.

GM hired year 1, get first 3rd round pick.

HC hired year 2, get your 2nd pick for the GM hire and first pick for the HC hire

Year 3 get 2nd pick for HC hire.

So here's hoping Poles gets hired in Carolina, and EB waits a year.  Poles is a superstar in the scouting community so I think it's inevitable he'll get hired away.  He's Veach's right hand guy.

Weird. I got my info from nfl .com too dated 10 November.  Maybe they updated it?

A team that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

12 hours ago, xen said:

Right.  A head coach and GM hire in the same year would net you 3 total picks, but you'd receive them as one 3rd round pick each year over 3 consecutive years. 

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-owners-pass-resolution-rewarding-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

Excerpt:

If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

As far as I can tell the loophole would be a coach gets hired one year and a GM the next year.  That would net you 4 picks total over 3 years, with 2 picks coming in year 2.

GM hired year 1, get first 3rd round pick.

HC hired year 2, get your 2nd pick for the GM hire and first pick for the HC hire

Year 3 get 2nd pick for HC hire.

So here's hoping Poles gets hired in Carolina, and EB waits a year.  Poles is a superstar in the scouting community so I think it's inevitable he'll get hired away.  He's Veach's right hand guy.

So regardless, there's not going to be 3 third rounders in 2021. It will only be 2.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So regardless, there's not going to be 3 third rounders in 2021. It will only be 2.

Two this year, two next year, and a few comps for all the FAs that will be leaving.  That's the chance for the Chiefs to restock with rookie deals while working through the high priced contracts already in place. 

NFL is hoping and praying EB gets a job because the mainstream media is going to flip out if he doesn't get a job.   Now this could very well be EB being picky and selective but they won't see it like that.    

As far as losing Kafka....meh.    Andy runs this show and pumps out these guys year after year.   The true genius lies between his ears, the decision that should eventually worry us is who will take over for Reid down the road.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think EB leaving this year helps us out the most assuming Kafka is up for grabs. If he stays another year there's a good chance that the teams will think something is wrong with him which could take away our chance for picks in the future. 

There's a real chance EB stays depending on if he likes the job.  I think Atlanta wants him but he may not want them.