Texans don’t interview EB

11 minutes ago, xen said:

There's a real chance EB stays depending on if he likes the job.  I think Atlanta wants him but he may not want them.

Atlanta is a bit tricky. They have Ryan under contract for 3 more seasons so if they want to go to a setup similar to Chiefs with Reid and Smith that could be a decent spot for EB to start. Otherwise there's always the chance to groom a young QB for the upcoming HC. However if they are impatient then EB will have an uphill battle with an old dog that likely won't learn new tricks. 

The worst thing going against EB is that teams have to wait a month or two before he can start so that's going to be a concern for some rebuilding teams. 

58 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe he needs an interview coach? Maybe he is overrated , by many, because Reid is really the OC? 

Good question, it's almost like plucking a coordinator from the patriots. Is the coordinator a difference maker or is it that we have a phenom QB and head coach and Beinemy is reaping the benefits by association. At the end of the day he may be a decent OC but not the guy to hand the franchise over yet. 

Honestly it's obvious than andy has the control of the offense plays and schemes. That's not to say Eric is not head coach material, I feel he's a darn good motivator and a guy that deserves a chance. The situation at hand definitely might be holding him back some it's not like he has most or all of the control of his current position.

While it remains unofficial, another strong report indicates the Lions are hiring Dan Campbell as the team’s head coach. This one comes from FOX Sports insider Jay Glazer and comes a day after several NFL.com reports also indicated the Lions were set to hire Campbell once he becomes available.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:33 AM, sith13 said:

Atlanta is a bit tricky. They have Ryan under contract for 3 more seasons so if they want to go to a setup similar to Chiefs with Reid and Smith that could be a decent spot for EB to start. Otherwise there's always the chance to groom a young QB for the upcoming HC. However if they are impatient then EB will have an uphill battle with an old dog that likely won't learn new tricks. 

The worst thing going against EB is that teams have to wait a month or two before he can start so that's going to be a concern for some rebuilding teams. 

I think the worst thing he has going for him is Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy haven't faired real well lately and most believe Andy is the brains behind the machine.   That is a hard criticism to shake until you prove otherwise and how can he prove that here?   I think EB probably makes Andy think about running it more than he wants which is good and he's a great motivator as attested to by the players, but I am far more concerned with losing Spags and Daly and maybe even Sam Madison than EB.   

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

While it remains unofficial, another strong report indicates the Lions are hiring Dan Campbell as the team’s head coach. This one comes from FOX Sports insider Jay Glazer and comes a day after several NFL.com reports also indicated the Lions were set to hire Campbell once he becomes available.

Kinda debunks this idea that teams won't wait for their choice....kinda.   It is literally 3 weeks from today.....finding the right guy for your organization is worth the wait.   

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think the worst thing he has going for him is Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy haven't faired real well lately and most believe Andy is the brains behind the machine.   That is a hard criticism to shake until you prove otherwise and how can he prove that here?   I think EB probably makes Andy think about running it more than he wants which is good and he's a great motivator as attested to by the players, but I am far more concerned with losing Spags and Daly and maybe even Sam Madison than EB.   

Well, Doug Pederson did win a SB on his own. 

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm not saying I think they are bad coaches but the last two years haven't been great for him.  Wentz being constantly hurt hasn't helped.   

Harbaugh faired well. True, not an OC but coaches do learn from Reid. From his preparation to work ethic etc. Reid is just a genius when it comes to the offense and has probably forgotten more about offense than he could ever teach his OCs.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm not saying I think they are bad coaches but the last two years haven't been great for him.  Wentz being constantly hurt hasn't helped.   

I think it would have been a different story for Pederson if they didn't tie up all that money to Wentz and kept Foles after his rehabilitation.