Texans don’t interview EB

17 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Didn't Chiefs already allow EB to do interviews or are they referring to taking on the job right away? 

Not suppose to do them during this stretch.  I think there is a window after the season ends before playoffs start that current staff can interview (could be wrong) but after a certain point its not allowed unless both team owners agree  or something like that.   The Chiefs are a class organization and would never stop it but the request should give EB cause for concern.

I think a lot of teams are probably asking if you put Nagy. Pederson or anyone else in our OC position would they're be any difference in our team/offense. If they determine no, then what is EB really going to add to their team and can he be transformative enough to give the keys to the kingdom to. 

8 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/18/22237491/report-seahawks-show-interest-in-chiefs-qb-coach-as-new-offensive-coordinator

Seattle may look to poach Kafka... not a fan of this, would leave the cupboards dry next year if EB goes

Well if EB goes I am sure Kafka would be moved to OC for the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, ChiefThunder said:

I don't think a team can block an interview if a coach is being promoted. Now if a team wants Kafka to be their QB coach, Chiefs can block it. I could be wrong though....

Can they just add assistance coach to that QB coach title to keep him

9 hours ago, Balto said:

Can they just add assistance coach to that QB coach title to keep him

possibly or just give him a pay raise and tell him as soon as EB can find a way to get a HC job he's the new OC.  The Seattle job might be pretty derned interesting tho.

42 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe teams do not want KC to get the extra picks? Think about it.

If you are one of these teams more than likely you have bigger problems than worrying about the Chiefs getting extra picks.  If that is the reason that person is leading scared and that fan base should want nothing to do with them.

25 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Maybe and just maybe Hell I don't but maybe he is not head coach material. Or maybe he doesn't interview well or maybe he is not on the same page as the owners. Surely not that doesn't fit the narrative now a days.

that is my bet..ever hear him talk?? Every other sentence is "At the End Of the Day"  it'll drive you nuts

36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

that is my bet..ever hear him talk?? Every other sentence is "At the End Of the Day"  it'll drive you nuts

Adam Gase got 2 head gigs and he's a moron.  Can't talk to the press either.  Bill Belichick is the worst person ever when dealing with the press.  Nobody cares.  Lots of coaches suck in those situations and nobody cares about that part.  Excuses.

Just now, xen said:

Adam Gase got 2 head gigs and he's a moron.  Can't talk to the press either.  Bill Belichick is the worst person ever when dealing with the press.  Nobody cares.  Lots of coaches suck in those situations and nobody cares about that part.  Excuses.

Bill's press conferences make me laugh. The media tries hard to get anything out of him.

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

Maybe and just maybe Hell I don't but maybe he is not head coach material. Or maybe he doesn't interview well or maybe he is not on the same page as the owners. Surely not that doesn't fit the narrative now a days.

Doesn't make sense.  Maybe he honestly says in his interviews that he doesn't want to start from scratch but take over as HC for an already sound and successful franchise. He would want to be successful as a HC for a good team instead of wasting a few years and his reputation trying to fix a bad or disorganized team.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Nope.    Most interviews with  potential employers or with press as a head coach are fraught with the potential for misunderstanding and controversy.  So, they think of ways to avoid almost anything substantial.

What about "each and every day?"  That redundant phrase drives me nuts.  It is meaningless. All the players use that, too.  I hate it  LOL.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Doesn't make sense.  Maybe he honestly says in his interviews that he doesn't want to start from scratch but take over as HC for an already sound and successful franchise. He would want to be successful as a HC for a good team instead of wasting a few years and his reputation trying to fix a bad or disorganized team.

I wondered this as well.   All the talk last season maybe has him feeling he can be picky, which maybe he can.   Look I wouldn't want to take over some of these dumpster fires because even when there is talent the front office or ownership just screws it up.    Remember when the Chiefs were in on Manning supposedly but he wouldn't even give us the time of day.   Why would he do that?  Because he knew it was a toxic environment at 1 Arrowhead drive and he made the right choice even though I felt like we had the more talented roster.   

The Texans job is complicated because they could hire you and that still doesn't mean you get Watson which is the only reason someone like EB would even consider the Texans job.