Texans don’t interview EB

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Nope.    Most interviews with  potential employers or with press as a head coach are fraught with the potential for misunderstanding and controversy.  So, they think of ways to avoid almost anything substantial.

What about "each and every day?"  That redundant phrase drives me nuts.  It is meaningless. All the players use that, too.  I hate it  LOL.

How about, "He keeps improving and it's just day to day.  We'll see how it rolls?"  Oh, wait.  That's our guy so it isn't so bad.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

An all time QB can sure make you look smart as a coach.  Notice a lot of Andy's issues as a coach mostly went away the last 3 years.  I wonder why?   🤔

Bill's coached 7 seasons without Brady. 6 of them are losing seasons. At least Andy went to the playoffs without HOF QBs.

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Bill's coached 7 seasons without Brady. 6 of them are losing seasons. At least Andy went to the playoffs without HOF QBs.

I don’t want to judge Bill super harsh this year because half of his D opted out and they were in a financial hole, but this next year will be more telling and I’m not sure it will be any better.   The jets are going to be significantly better with all those picks,  Miami as well and Buffalo already is way better.   Brady is going to come out of this deal looking like the key to the Pats dynasty.    
At least Reid has taken teams to the playoffs with avg qbs.  With that said BB has so many rings that for Andy to be on that level he needs at least 3 more and probably 4-5.   

It's clear teams are simply skeptical about OC's role in KC due to Reid calling the shots. NFL really wants EB hired for some diversity among coaches and the public is trying to make it a race thing but we are talking about a guy who has been the OC for 2 seasons and has been in the spotlight even less so we may be seeing his hire more of a sure thing than it really should be. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's clear teams are simply skeptical about OC's role in KC due to Reid calling the shots. NFL really wants EB hired for some diversity among coaches and the public is trying to make it a race thing but we are talking about a guy who has been the OC for 2 seasons and has been in the spotlight even less so we may be seeing his hire more of a sure thing than it really should be. 

You are right. And thats exactly whats happening with Bienemy. Pederson already fired. Nagy will be next year if they dont make a deep run. And idk how many Bears games people watch but he is a horrific playcaller. 

It sucks overall but in Bienemys case it has nothing to do with skin color. People just know Reid is the man behind the curtain. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You are right. And thats exactly whats happening with Bienemy. Pederson already fired. Nagy will be next year if they dont make a deep run. And idk how many Bears games people watch but he is a horrific playcaller. 

It sucks overall but in Bienemys case it has nothing to do with skin color. People just know Reid is the man behind the curtain. 

Weak excuse imo.  Hell giants hired a special teams coach under belichick last year.  Lions just hired the TE coach under Sean Payton.  Anybody thing Belichick and Payton don't run EVERYTHING, just like Andy?

1 hour ago, xen said:

Weak excuse imo.  Hell giants hired a special teams coach under belichick last year.  Lions just hired the TE coach under Sean Payton.  Anybody thing Belichick and Payton don't run EVERYTHING, just like Andy?

Maybe weak, but its the only thing that makes sense to me. How many HC interviews has he had the last 2 years. Is he THAT bad in his interviews? Like Will Ferrell and John C Reilly in Stepbrothers? Or are we still seriously so far behind on equality that owners can't sell a black HC to their fan bases? 

22 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Maybe weak, but its the only thing that makes sense to me. How many HC interviews has he had the last 2 years. Is he THAT bad in his interviews? Like Will Ferrell and John C Reilly in Stepbrothers? Or are we still seriously so far behind on equality that owners can't sell a black HC to their fan bases? 

I don't disagree with you.  I was trying to say that was a weak excuse from owners.  I agree its likely a factor.  I don't think most fanbases give a shit what color the coach is as long as they win.  But yeah, you gotta sell the owners and most are crotchety old dudes.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Might as well address the elephant in the room if it's all that's left. 

Texans are the last team without a head coach. Ironic it came down to this. 

2 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Might as well address the elephant in the room if it's all that's left. 

Texans are the last team without a head coach. Ironic it came down to this. 

I honestly think Bienemy will get the job. They need to interview him in person. That's the likely holdup. Its just fucked up that Watson had to force their hand. They weren't even gonna interview him? How incompetent is that organization? A team had to essentially have a gun put to their head to hire 1 minority HC. And its still not guaranteed.

48 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I haven’t read this whole thread, but this is what is circulating... it’s been 20-30 years since any of this!

lol bullshit.  That was all from when he was a kid.  People come up with all kinds of excuses.  It was 30 years ago.  Pretty sure people are allowed to grow up.

3 hours ago, xen said:

lol bullshit.  That was all from when he was a kid.  People come up with all kinds of excuses.  It was 30 years ago.  Pretty sure people are allowed to grow up.

According to this rational we should cut Tyreek Hill immediatly....what a cancer he could have been because of his past.  

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The NFL would do itself a lot of favors by not allowing any coach hirings until after the Super Bowl. The mad rush to hire dudes before someone else does fouls up the process, especially when the best candidates are usually busy coaching good teams in January.

Yea I agree. It’s a distraction from the thing everyone is trying to achieve. doesn’t make sense 

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

The NFL would do itself a lot of favors by not allowing any coach hirings until after the Super Bowl. The mad rush to hire dudes before someone else does fouls up the process, especially when the best candidates are usually busy coaching good teams in January.

It would lose way too much time for the bad teams that are trying to recover. NFL isn't in the business of fairness towards coaching candidates but rather getting TV money which means every team needs to have hope for competitiveness. If a team is willing to wait for a better candidate they can probably handle business until that guy becomes available as coaches rarely do scouting which is the critical thing this time of the year. 

If EB leaves I’m okay with that it’s  Kafka that I don’t want to see leave. Chiefs need to do whatever they can to block anything to do with him. 
It will be interesting if none of our coaching staff is poached. I think this will help in the off-season as I’m sure we will have quite a different roster and more turnover than last year. 

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

It would lose way too much time for the bad teams that are trying to recover. NFL isn't in the business of fairness towards coaching candidates but rather getting TV money which means every team needs to have hope for competitiveness. If a team is willing to wait for a better candidate they can probably handle business until that guy becomes available as coaches rarely do scouting which is the critical thing this time of the year. 

Is a month a lot of lost time when you are hiring Dan Campbell, Adam Gase, Hue Jackson types? If you hire the wrong guy just for the sake of hiring someone fast, you just flushed at least one year down the drain.