Playoff game thread

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Gonna say we should handle the Browns pretty easy and should find out if 3 weeks off is in fact to long of a break.  Watch Hunt fumble on the first play of the game lol

Remember that time last year that Pat was out for nearly 3 weeks with a dislocated knee, then went for nearly 450 yards with 3/0 TD/Int his first game back?  

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

We be all right.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Remember that time last year that Pat was out for nearly 3 weeks with a dislocated knee, then went for nearly 450 yards with 3/0 TD/Int his first game back?  

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

We be all right.

This...absolutely zero evidence to suggest we get rusty with extended breaks, in fact most of the evidence with Reid and Mahomes suggests the opposite.  Of course, if we do struggle everyone will assume it's because of the break even if that won't necessarily be true.

Only counterexample I might give to my own point is how we struggled to open up the Texans game, but (a) that was just for one quarter (b) it was some freaky stuff / trying too hard, not necessarily "rust" (c) the next 3 quarters were possibly the best this team have ever played (51-7).

PIT found out that one bad quarter can lose the game.  It might be that the dropped passes, fumble, and blocked punt in last year's playoff game was rust.  Cleveland almost collapsed against the Steelers like the Texans did against the Chiefs last year, but I'd hate to see another 24 point deficit against the Browns.  I'm not so quick to blow off the "rust" argument.  

My point is that if "rust" is something you can knock off in a quarter, it's not really "rust."

Special teams miscue wasn't rust.

Dropped passes were a lack of concentration, looking upfield - not rust.

Tyreek's fumble was trying to make a hero play, not rust.

In the end most of it was jitters and being overhyped, and when we settled down we were ANYTHING but rusty.  It wasn't rust.

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

My point is that if "rust" is something you can knock off in a quarter, it's not really "rust."

Special teams miscue wasn't rust.

Dropped passes were a lack of concentration, looking upfield - not rust.

Tyreek's fumble was trying to make a hero play, not rust.

In the end most of it was jitters and being overhyped, and when we settled down we were ANYTHING but rusty.  It wasn't rust.

I think since they've been through all that, they will be ready this time.

Just now, qnet said:

I think since they've been through all that, they will be ready this time.

That's also my hope.  They were so ready to put the 2018 AFCCG in the rearview mirror I think it psyched them out a little bit.  I think they'll be better this time around.  They know what it takes.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is that based on evidence or hope?  😉

Guess we'll know Sunday afternoon. 

Sad thing is we start off slow and we win big. Opposite to be true when we start off fast, we let them get back into it and make it a game. Be nice to just beat teams from start to finish through the SB this year.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sad thing is we start off slow and we win big. Opposite to be true when we start off fast, we let them get back into it and make it a game. Be nice to just beat teams from start to finish through the SB this year.

The beer would certainly taste better at the end of the third quarter if the Chiefs were the team with the ten point lead.  😀

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I want that to happen so badly. Just sit back, relax, watch my team dominate, and enjoy it like other franchises fans have. 

56 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I don’t know why kkuenn keeps posting without saying anything. All I see is his profile picture. I mean, there may or may not be words below it, but what’s up with it? Either way, I appreciate his posts very much for some reason.

Kkuenn likes to keep abreast of the situation.  

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Glad to see Andy has grown as a coach- he really made some head scratching decisions in thos games in Philly. He was known for craptastic Clock management. doesn't seem to be an issue in KC

I think he's grown a little but it helps to have Mahomes.  Remember how bad he was in the 2015 playoff game (Jan 2016) against NE?  We still burn TOs occasionally but with Mahomes it has yet to really burn us.