How about the Browns?

Four days before a divisional playoff game and no one has started the thread about the Chiefs' next opponent.  

The Chiefs are most likely winners, but Chubb/Hunt against the Chiefs sorry LB corp is a little worrisome.  Wish Ragland was still on the team.  Browns are healthier than they were against the Steelers so there's that, but aside from their run game, I'm not too worried.  Sneed can take care of Jarvis out of the slot and their other weapons aren't that impressive.

31-24 Chiefs. 

I'm a little nervous about this one...Cleveland's running game is for REAL.

However, KC has proven that they can stop the run when they need to. If they hold Cleveland under a 150, I think we win by at least 10. However, anything over that and we may be in trouble. 

Reid/EB and Mahomes will do their thing....But once again, I'm counting on SPAGS and Defense to come thru!

Go Chiefs.

Browns are hard to figure out.  They lost a game that meant something against the Jets and were a missed two point conversion from OT with the Jags.  They barely beat the Bengals both games but had wins against the Colts and Titans.  Seems like they may play to the level of the competition a little bit, which maybe we have too. They looked like world beaters for a half last week and then skidded into the finish. 

I think the lights might be a little bright for them yet and we are pretty used to these situations.  I think we win in a game that is not as close as the final score.  31-24. 

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Browns are hard to figure out.  They lost a game that meant something against the Jets and were a missed two point conversion from OT with the Jags.  They barely beat the Bengals both games but had wins against the Colts and Titans.  Seems like they may play to the level of the competition a little bit, which maybe we have too. They looked like world beaters for a half last week and then skidded into the finish. 

I think the lights might be a little bright for them yet and we are pretty used to these situations.  I think we win in a game that is not as close as the final score.  31-24. 

31-24 is too close for me...Unless it's 31 -10 at the start of the 4th qtr. Lol..

Clevelands oline and RB's?? Yikes.

As others have said, I am concerned about the browns run game...more specific TOP.

I'm also concerned about the time off...there will be some rust.

Id like to see if CEH is ready to play. We will need to run the ball and control the clock as well and wear that defense down. Stay on the field.

I also feel pretty good about the chiefs in this game as the team has gone through this last year and know what it takes.

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

As others have said, I am concerned about the browns run game...more specific TOP.

I'm also concerned about the time off...there will be some rust.

Id like to see if CEH is ready to play. We will need to run the ball and control the clock as well and wear that defense down. Stay on the field.

I also feel pretty good about the chiefs in this game as the team has gone through this last year and know what it takes.

Yup..If KC can control the clock with time consuming drives that eat clock, that along with forcing them to punt a couple of times per half, will be enough in my mind for a convincing win. We can't go out there the first two or three drives of the game and go 3 and out, if we do, we'll be in a dogfight till the end.

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

We will need to run the ball and control the clock as well and wear that defense down. 

We almost always just score so much that teams have to get out of their game plan.  Ravens, Titans, 49ers etc.  It sounds good that you're just gonna run the ball against us, but it doesn't work normally.  

Just now, reesebobby said:

We almost always just score so much that teams have to get out of their game plan.  Ravens, Titans, 49ers etc.  It sounds good that you're just gonna run the ball against us, but it doesn't work normally.  

Right. I believe that's part of KC's gameplan. But we can't go 3 and out the first few drives of the 1st qtr either.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Right. I believe that's part of KC's gameplan. But we can't go 3 and out the first few drives of the 1st qtr either.

If you had to guess what gives us the best chance of a 3 and out would you think that comes from running the ball with an injured CEH and injured Bell behind a bad offensive line?  Or from putting the ball in the hands of the best quarterback and receiving corps in the NFL.  I have no idea why we would be scared of doing what we do to anyone in the NFL at this point.  

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If you had to guess what gives us the best chance of a 3 and out would you think that comes from running the ball with an injured CEH and injured Bell behind a bad offensive line?  Or from putting the ball in the hands of the best quarterback and receiving corps in the NFL.  I have no idea why we would be scared of doing what we do to anyone in the NFL at this point.  

I agree. But.....we've all seen this offense struggle at the beginning of games, especially in the playoffs. And it seems like we've played down to our competition this year too.

I understand that KC is the far superior team. I just want them to start AAANND finish like the "far superior" team..

Just now, artsy said:

I agree. But.....we've all seen this offense struggle at the beginning of games, especially in the playoffs. And it seems like we've played down to our competition this year too.

I understand that KC is the far superior team. I just want them to start AAANND finish like the "far superior" team..

The question remains.  Do you want the game in Mahomes hands or CEH and Bells.  I hate to think that we are so scared of the Browns running game that we let them dictate what we do.  I'd much rather we be us and let them figure out how to deal with our passing attack.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

The question remains.  Do you want the game in Mahomes hands or CEH and Bells.  I hate to think that we are so scared of the Browns running game that we let them dictate what we do.  I'd much rather we be us and let them figure out how to deal with our passing attack.  

Yea, I'm with you..

They may control TOP initially, but I think mahomes capitalizes on his first few possessions forcing them to pass instead of run which will result in a pick or two from Mayfield.  Browns may be in the playoffs, I just don't view them as a playoff team yet. 

If we lose this game, we never deserved to be here to begin with in my opinion.  Few challenges, resulting in an easy win in which the end game stats make it look closer than it was.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

My point about running the ball is not changing what we do, but make sure we do enough of it to stay ahead of the sticks. Those long dink and dunk drives that we have done is the key. Run game will be vital as browns may employ same defensive scheme as others and invite us with a light box to do so and drop in coverage.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

31-24 was taken in the OP.