How about the Browns?

On 1/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, jetlord said:

JS for burnt ends.  Joe's for sandwiches.  Either for ribs.  Don't know about catering since we usually eat in the establishments.  If you go to Jacks Stack, always get a side of their spicy BBQ sauce.  It's better than their original.  

I loved jack stacks... but I'm just a country boy in green chile country

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It occurs to me that if the Browns win it would be the biggest upset of the Mahomes era, right?

Not necessarily the worst team he's lost to, but when you factor in that it's a home playoff game and all the stakes that come from that.

home don't mean shit this year in fact it's a disadvantage

1 hour ago, mex said:

JS is available for mail order. I’ve been thinking about ordering a feast from there for years. If the Chiefs go to the SB, I’ll probably place an order and invite friends for barbecue and the game. 

32 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

JS is available for mail order. I’ve been thinking about ordering a feast from there for years. If the Chiefs go to the SB, I’ll probably place an order and invite friends for barbecue and the game. 

that sounds like a great idea... might have to do the same

3 hours ago, mex said:

We usually ate TexMex in ABQ, but the one place I've had BBQ there was a little place across from the Marriott.  We could walk there easily.  It was called "Ruby's" and advertised as the worst BBQ in Texas or something like that.  Bought pulled pork or brisket by the pound and made sandwiches with it.  Wasn't bad and was cheap which appealed to most of my co-workers.  It was probably a chain and may not be there any more.

11 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

11 hours ago, mex said:

that sounds like a great idea... might have to do the same

just a heads up but for Christmas got a mail order  package from JS... . dont bother with the sides they aint what they used to be

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

We usually ate TexMex in ABQ, but the one place I've had BBQ there was a little place across from the Marriott.  We could walk there easily.  It was called "Ruby's" and advertised as the worst BBQ in Texas or something like that.  Bought pulled pork or brisket by the pound and made sandwiches with it.  Wasn't bad and was cheap which appealed to most of my co-workers.  It was probably a chain and may not be there any more.

Rudy's. It's pretty good... best in town likely... but no longer cheap. They are our local go-to because there is one close to our taproom and we do a lot of 'trades'.

On a side note, since you all were discussing BBQ places in K.C. 

I just wanted to say that I really like Joe's. I remember when it was Oklahoma Joe's  and you guys talked about it on here. I finally decided to go there when I was in a town a few years ago. I really, really like it and can't wait to go back when I can. 

The only BBQ places I had went to were Gates and Arther Bryant's. Growing up we rarely ate out ,and I had always wanted to try some of the other BBQ place in town as an adult. 

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

On a side note, since you all were discussing BBQ places in K.C. 

I just wanted to say that I really like Joe's. I remember when it was Oklahoma Joe's  and you guys talked about it on here. I finally decided to go there when I was in a town a few years ago. I really, really like it and can't wait to go back when I can. 

The only BBQ places I had went to were Gates and Arther Bryant's. Growing up we rarely ate out ,and I had always wanted to try some of the other BBQ place in town as an adult. 

I like Gates but wouldn't go out of my way to get any..altho they are about everywhere or they seem to be. I never could get the like for AB's..too far to go to  and their Sauce to be always tasted like it had saw dust in it.

That being said I always thought Rosedale's was underrated. I used to go there when it was little shack..never left hungry.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I like Gates but wouldn't go out of my way to get any..altho they are about everywhere or they seem to be. I never could get the like for AB's..too far to go to  and their Sauce to be always tasted like it had saw dust in it.

That being said I always thought Rosedale's was underrated. I used to go there when it was little shack..never left hungry.

I don't remember a lot about AB's sauce, but my Mother can't stand Gate's sauce. Everyone has their taste. 

I just can't wait till all this covid stuff has settled down, and I can come up there and try some of the other places mentioned here.