Divisional Round GameDay thread - WC Chiefs vs the brownies

I thought I’d start the game day thread. 
I hope the chiefs come out blazing but I feel there will be a bit of rust. Chiefs d will more than likely sell out to stop the run. 
I think browns d is gonna rush 4 and drop into coverage along with a spy. It’s to bad we don’t have CEH or Watkins. Hope Pringle gets snaps. 
Chiefs win a close one. 31-28. 

KC won't gift the Brownies 5 turnovers. 

Browns have given up over 300 yards in 7 of the last 8 games, including over 500 last week to The Statue Formerly Known as Big Ben.

Will Chiefs be rusty? Browns will be hyped early and perhaps even get up on us early but I think we'll show in the end that this team has many different ways to win.

Go Chiefs!

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think it’s Romo and Nantz calling the game. 

CBS Sports confirmed Romo will join Nantz at Arrowhead Stadium for Sunday’s AFC Divisional playoff game between the Chiefs and Cleveland Browns. Tracy Wolfson will be the network’s reporter for the game, 

Nantz and Romo know the Chiefs well. They also called the Chiefs’ games this past season against the Saints, Dolphins, Chargers (in LA), Buccaneers and Raiders (in KC).

If Chiefs fans are looking for a good omen, there is this from the Akron Beacon Journal: Nantz and Romo worked the Browns’ 38-7 loss in Pittsburgh this season and two Cleveland games in 2019: a 43-13 loss against the Tennessee Titans and a 31-15 defeat to the Ravens.

“I never realized there’s a ledger out there for how the announcers contribute to the outcome of these games,” Nantz joked, in an interview with the Beacon Journal. “It’s nonsensical.”

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also will be at Arrowhead on Sunday, NBC’s Al Michaels said during Saturday’s Bills-Ravens game.

Fans would like to hope that it’ll be second-year WR Mecole Hardman or undrafted fan-favorite Byron Pringle to take the majority of the snaps in place of Watkins. The truth is that another veteran receiver has typically seen the greatest increase in snap share when Watkins hasn’t played this season.

When Watkins first suffered a hamstring injury in Week 5, Demarcus Robinson was the player to see extra playing time on offense. Robinson saw an increase in snaps from 41% to 68% of the Chiefs’ total snaps in Week 5 with Watkins’ injury. In Week 6, he’d play in 95% of the offensive snaps for Kansas City. He never saw less than 55% of the snaps on offense until Week 14, two weeks after Watkins’ returned from his first injury.

The former 2016 fourth-round draft pick is one of the more trusted receivers in the offense. His chemistry with Patrick Mahomes has always been special since the two worked together on the scout team in 2017. He’s good at finding the soft spots in the secondary when plays breakdown and Mahomes is forced to improvise.

On the year, Robinson has 45 receptions on 59 targets for 466 yards and three touchdowns. In Week 17, Robinson got the start for Kansas City and played in 89% of the snaps, recording six catches for 58 yards. Hopefully, he can carry over some of that success into the postseason, especially in an increased role with the starters.

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Fans would like to hope that it’ll be second-year WR Mecole Hardman or undrafted fan-favorite Byron Pringle to take the majority of the snaps in place of Watkins. The truth is that another veteran receiver has typically seen the greatest increase in snap share when Watkins hasn’t played this season.

When Watkins first suffered a hamstring injury in Week 5, Demarcus Robinson was the player to see extra playing time on offense. Robinson saw an increase in snaps from 41% to 68% of the Chiefs’ total snaps in Week 5 with Watkins’ injury. In Week 6, he’d play in 95% of the offensive snaps for Kansas City. He never saw less than 55% of the snaps on offense until Week 14, two weeks after Watkins’ returned from his first injury.

The former 2016 fourth-round draft pick is one of the more trusted receivers in the offense. His chemistry with Patrick Mahomes has always been special since the two worked together on the scout team in 2017. He’s good at finding the soft spots in the secondary when plays breakdown and Mahomes is forced to improvise.

On the year, Robinson has 45 receptions on 59 targets for 466 yards and three touchdowns. In Week 17, Robinson got the start for Kansas City and played in 89% of the snaps, recording six catches for 58 yards. Hopefully, he can carry over some of that success into the postseason, especially in an increased role with the starters.

Wonder if Robinson has positive or negative YAC.  Just curious. 

Wow.....the narrative notes got passed around to all the talking heads. "Browns relish the no respect, underdog role", "Browns are playing with house money", "If I were Chiefs fans I'd be nervous", "With this running game the Browns can hang with anybody ", etc...

I think it's the Chiefs who are media underdogs. Most seem to relish the idea of a Browns upset. Let's play the game.

lol you guys are as good at manufacturing chips on your shoulder as Pat is.  That's not a dig btw.  Just an observation.

5 out if 74 national pundits picked the Browns btw, and its the usual suspects of chiefs haters... Skip, Andrew Brandt, the 2 NFL network flapping heads that Schrags regularly destroys and some no names.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article248537270.html