Divisional Round GameDay thread - WC Chiefs vs the brownies

Just now, mex said:

ok so we took away their running attack for the second half... c'mon Spags... call some blitzes

Offense has to keep on the throttle.  As long as the offense is in gear, Cleveland has to put the game on Mayfield's shoulders.  I really hope turtle Reid is a thing of the past. 

8 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We have a LOT of money invested in guys that are supposed to be good at rushing the passer, and we are getting no pressure.  Is Chris Jones in the witness protection program?  We already know Clark is a massive disappointment.  Our defensive front is doing nothing. 

This right here!!!!   Making it tough on the secondary when they get no pressure.  Okafor is blah.   Clark is a lot of bark and no bite.  CJ is the focal point and no one can beat 1v1.   That LDE should be getting pressure with their starter out.  They just out there playing patty cake.   If Wharton and CJ don't generate it....it doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, mex said:

ok so we took away their running attack for the second half... c'mon Spags... call some blitzes

Agreed, I really hope they get more pressure on Mayfield in the second half. 

2nd half they got to keep scoring and not let up.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

No complaints from me on this half. 

Overall was a good half minus that last Browns drive.  Twice we had them in great down and distance and twice we couldn't generate any pressure or cover.   Niemann allowing Njoku with that huge first down.    I want to beat them my 14-21 so that fumble won't get whined about because it was targeting "by the letter of the law".   

CBS can stfu.  They're pushing it because they're pulling for the underdog.  That wasn't a lead with the helmet.  JFC the distance between the helmet and the shoulder is nothing.  Maybe these assholes would be happier if Dan had just let Cleveland score. 

Just now, moons314 said:

CBS can stfu.  They're pushing it because they're pulling for the underdog.  That wasn't a lead with the helmet.  JFC the distance between the helmet and the shoulder is nothing.  Maybe these assholes would be happier if Dan had just let Cleveland score. 

Uh, yea he led with helmet.  They missed it..it happens...I'll tale take it!

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Uh, yea he led with helmet.  They missed it..it happens...I'll tale take it!

Yeah he did.  I don't think it was with vicious intent but it was illegal according to the rules.   Either way we go right back and score so worse cast is 10-19.   IF our D opens with a 3 and out we gonna blow the doors off this team.  Had we have 5 more seconds before the half (If Pringle had just gone down instead of trying to get 15 yards through 3 defenders to the sideline) we would have scored again.   Reid has this D figured out and its not particularly close.

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yep. They found a “controversy” and won’t shut up about it. 

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Was kinda thinking that also, but he did lead with the helmet. I don't thing he was trying to do it, but it's hard to lead with the shoulder from the position he was in. He was just trying to make stop. I hope the Chiefs come out in the 2nd half and just put it away so much it doesn't make a difference. 

If they win a close game, that play will be talked about unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Thornhill has looked better today too which is great news for us.     Sneed is an All-Pro caliber player.    HB was ready to play today as well.   Gonna be fun next year!

it's fun this year

1 minute ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yep. They found a “controversy” and won’t shut up about it. 

funny I been watching football for a long time... they never looked for controversy with elway, manning or brady

1 minute ago, qnet said:

Was kinda thinking that also, but he did lead with the helmet. I don't thing he was trying to do it, but it's hard to lead with the shoulder from the position he was in. He was just trying to make stop. I hope the Chiefs come out in the 2nd half and just put it away so much it doesn't make a difference. 

If they win a close game, that play will be talked about unfortunately. 

Leading with the helmet is sticking your hat in the chest of a guy coming across the field at you,  not coming at an angle of pursuit like that.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

Leading with the helmet is sticking your hat in the chest of a guy coming across the field at you,  not coming at an angle of pursuit like that.

You win!!! I don't care. Honey badger just picked off Mayfield!!!!