Divisional Round GameDay thread - WC Chiefs vs the brownies

Return-To-Participation Protocol

Every NFL player diagnosed with a concussion must follow a five-step process before being cleared to fully practice or participate in an NFL game. This process, developed from internationally accepted guidelines, ensures that each player receives consistent treatment.

Each player and each concussion is unique, and there is no set time-frame for return to participation. Team medical staff consider the player's current concussive injury, as well as past exposures and medical history, family history and future risk in managing a player's care.

After a player has progressed through the five-step process, and is cleared for full participation by his club physician, he must be seen and separately cleared by an Independent Neurological Consultant (INC), jointly approved by the NFL and NFLPA, who is not affiliated with any NFL club. Until cleared by this independent physician, a player may not return to contact practice or play in an NFL game.

Just now, Balto said:

Return-To-Participation Protocol

Every NFL player diagnosed with a concussion must follow a five-step process before being cleared to fully practice or participate in an NFL game. This process, developed from internationally accepted guidelines, ensures that each player receives consistent treatment.

Each player and each concussion is unique, and there is no set time-frame for return to participation. Team medical staff consider the player's current concussive injury, as well as past exposures and medical history, family history and future risk in managing a player's care.

After a player has progressed through the five-step process, and is cleared for full participation by his club physician, he must be seen and separately cleared by an Independent Neurological Consultant (INC), jointly approved by the NFL and NFLPA, who is not affiliated with any NFL club. Until cleared by this independent physician, a player may not return to contact practice or play in an NFL game.

Nice, thanks!

4 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Nice and all... but doesn’t mean Mahomes plays next week.

This!  Would be a miracle if he gets cleared and we are screwed without him.    Seriously this Super Bowl was ours for the taking and because Reid put Mahomes in a position to make a hyper competitive decision we might miss it.   This whole season and we might miss out because of a concussion.    Praying he gets cleared.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm a firm believer his patient running style does not mix well with our bad oline play.    We do better with a full throttle hit the hole or make one cut and burst style rb which Williams is.   

Williams has been our best back all year, the plan was obviously to keep him fresh for the playoffs, i approve

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

My one glimmer of hope was he ran off quickly and didn't looked dazed and even looked coherent in the tent.  Obviously I'm no doctor and this might mean nothing but it has to be better than not doing this.

Was looking at the different levels of concussion and with what I saw on tv (not accurate) he could be in group one or two. Which is on the mild side. Hoping for the best.  

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

Andy Reid is the man, I don't care what any of you say

we know WAY more than Andy does... this is an internet board... full of experts :lol: 

I will say this tho... his decision to kick the FG on 4th an a half-yard was bullshit.