Divisional Round GameDay thread - WC Chiefs vs the brownies

15 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

This!  Would be a miracle if he gets cleared and we are screwed without him.    Seriously this Super Bowl was ours for the taking and because Reid put Mahomes in a position to make a hyper competitive decision we might miss it.   This whole season and we might miss out because of a concussion.    Praying he gets cleared.

Why do you think it would be a miracle if he gets cleared?

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

FiING!! awesome!  Mother called and we were both watching the last minutes of the game while on the phone!! Andy Reid is the man, I don't care what any of you say, Hopefully Mahomes is ready for next week.

Because he had the balls to go for it on 4th and 1 at mid field and got it does not mean he was awesome today.    This wouldn't have even been an issue had Reid knows 1st and 25 means you can probably get 8-10 yards running and put yourself in range for a game sealing fg instead of having your backup qb throw 40 yards down field into good coverage....a legit yolo throw.  And if we got back before that calling a qb options on 3rd and 3 or 4 with momentum shifting and expecting your qb to make the smart and safe decision when he is the most competitive person in the building is not awesome but rather ignorant, negligent and stupid.   Even if we don't get that first down and punt and they go up.......Mahomes could easily will us to victory.   Now this entire season hangs in the balance because of that play....that singular play.    I love Andy and he is awesome as a coach but today he was stupid and today is further proof why it takes a qb like Mahomes to overcome his playoff jitters/butterflies/idiocy at times.   Great win....we gave ourselves a chance to repeat but this game wouldn't have been close had Mahomes not got injured.   Yes I know its a fluke play but it is not necessary.

4 minutes ago, mex said:

we know WAY more than Andy does... this is an internet board... full of experts :lol: 

I will say this tho... his decision to kick the FG on 4th an a half-yard was bullshit. 

I'm just glad they won and he made the right decision at the right time. 

The one thing no one talked about is how the Chiefs were pre Mahomes.  Reid had his moments, good moments in games that no one talks about.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

we know WAY more than Andy does... this is an internet board... full of experts :lol: 

I will say this tho... his decision to kick the FG on 4th an a half-yard was bullshit. 

Um the qb options on 3rd and 3 was far worse than the FG decision.   Had Butker made it the end of the game wouldn't have needed a crazy run and ballsy 4th down call to win it.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Because he had the balls to go for it on 4th and 1 at mid field and got it does not mean he was awesome today.    This wouldn't have even been an issue had Reid knows 1st and 25 means you can probably get 8-10 yards running and put yourself in range for a game sealing fg instead of having your backup qb throw 40 yards down field into good coverage....a legit yolo throw.  And if we got back before that calling a qb options on 3rd and 3 or 4 with momentum shifting and expecting your qb to make the smart and safe decision when he is the most competitive person in the building is not awesome but rather ignorant, negligent and stupid.   Even if we don't get that first down and punt and they go up.......Mahomes could easily will us to victory.   Now this entire season hangs in the balance because of that play....that singular play.    I love Andy and he is awesome as a coach but today he was stupid and today is further proof why it takes a qb like Mahomes to overcome his playoff jitters/butterflies/idiocy at times.   Great win....we gave ourselves a chance to repeat but this game wouldn't have been close had Mahomes not got injured.   Yes I know its a fluke play but it is not necessary.

You'r e a passionate fan, just like me. I don't feel like dissecting your paragraph on Reid. I'll just say, the part I have in bold I wholeheartedly agree with. 

7 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I imagine even if Mahomes is borderline then nfl will not allow him to miss the game. Revenue trumps player safety every time.

I do not agree with that at all.. Buffalo's return to the SB is a great story...if your into that WWF conspiracy crap

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Totally agree, reid is the best coach in the nfl 95% of the time. The other 5% he makes the most bizarre inexplicable decisions. Luckily the 95% triumphs 95% of the time

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

KC has a good T-E-A-M. Mahomes is a great player. but we all know that it takes a good team to win in the NFL.  They proved once again that are a good, well coached TEAM.

I'm out of reactions today, but well said, and I agree.

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

KC has a good T-E-A-M. Mahomes is a great player. but we all know that it takes a good team to win in the NFL.  They proved once again that are a good, well coached TEAM.

Good yes, but with Mahomes they are great.

19 minutes ago, qnet said:

You'r e a passionate fan, just like me. I don't feel like dissecting your paragraph on Reid. I'll just say, the part I have in bold I wholeheartedly agree with. 

I know we disagree on this and I understand.   I just feel play calls like that are unnecessary and put our key to all this in harm's way.   Hope he's ok for next week because we have a really great chance of repeating this year!

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I know we disagree on this and I understand.   I just feel play calls like that are unnecessary and put our key to all this in harm's way.   Hope he's ok for next week because we have a really great chance of repeating this year!

According to Reid's press conference,  pat didnt really suffer a typical helmet to helmet or head hitting ground concussion. He said it was more a choke type neck stinger type of injury. 

I'd be willing to bet, Pat will play Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't totally disagree with you. I'm not really a fan of the designed runs for Mahomes. I was just tired, hungry, have been drinking, and just didn't want to debate about it. 

I'm just happy the Chiefs won and Reid called a gusty play when needed. I know you guys like to discuss these games in detail,  point out mistakes, even after a win, but that's just not me.

4 hours ago, qnet said:

I don't totally disagree with you. I'm not really a fan of the designed runs for Mahomes. I was just tired, hungry, have been drinking, and just didn't want to debate about it. 

I'm just happy the Chiefs won and Reid called a gusty play when needed. I know you guys like to discuss these games in detail,  point out mistakes, even after a win, but that's just not me.

I get that.  I'm stoked we won too.  A playoff win is a playoff win and the entire team came together to finish it.  Those last 8 minutes, I don't want to know what my BP was lol.   I love Reid and he is genius of a coordinator and I love the gutsy call too.   Got the win and it looks like there is a decent chance Mahomes will play next week.   So far so good.....let the good news continue.   

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

We have a championship defense when it matters. Been talking about that secondary all year. Last year too. 

I tell ya Cali, I watch the game and I get frustrated with the D and afterward I realize they held them to 17. Kept their powerful running game in check and Mayfield only had 204 with a pick. I agree with the DB play. Hopefully Breeland is Ok and we get Fenton back. 

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

And now we get to hear for the next week how Buffalo is amazing and we're going to lose.

It would be nice to hear that Gay, Watkins, and CEH will play against the Bills along with Mahomes and Breeland.  The Bills can't beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead if all the parts are working. 

19 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

And now we get to hear for the next week how Buffalo is amazing and we're going to lose.

Yeah, I really don't care anymore. I realize now that the Chiefs are ready. It's all I was worried about. If Mahomes remains in the game, I think they would have took it to the Browns really bad. Agree with Jet.