Kansas City Chiefs fill out practice squad, release Kyle Williams off IR

The Kansas City Chiefs added a ninth and 10th member to the practice squad and released WR Kyle Williams off of injured reserve.

The first new practice squad member is linebacker Jerry Franklin, most recently with the Chicago Bears. This move was actually reported on Sunday by Franklin's agent on Twitter. He has played for the BroncosPanthersCowboys and Bears in his two-year NFL career.

The other one is 6', 324-pound defensive lineman Hebron Fangupo, who has played for Texans, Seahawks and Steelers in his two-year career. He went to BYU, an Andy Reid favorite.

The eight other members of the Chiefs practice squad are FB Jordan Campbell, C Ben Gottschalk. G Ricky Henry. LB Nico Johnson. DE Kona Schwenke. WR Darryl Surgent, RB Charcandrick West and WR Fred Williams.

Williams tore his ACL in his first week with the Chiefs last year and was placed on IR again last weekend with an injury suffered in the Chiefs preseason finale. Tough, tough break for Williams. He seemed like a legitimate threat to make the 53-man roster after his work in the offseason and training camp.

Williams was on IR so this does not affect the Chiefs 53-man roster.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/9/1/6094343/kansas-city-chiefs-practice-squad-release-kyle-williams-injury

The other one is 6', 324-pound defensive lineman Hebron Fangupo, who has played for Texans, Seahawks and Steelers in his two-year career. He went to BYU, an Andy Reid favorite.

Any defensive lineman with a name like Hebron Fangupo is OK in my book.  Some day, he will be a Fan(gupo) favorite.

I sure would not want to be tackled by someone with a name like that.

Maybe I hadn't paid as much attention to it before, but, I can't remember a Chiefs front office being as active as this one has.

Call me less than elated.... Moves don't mean good moves, but moves they do make.

I could give a shit less about Mike McGlynn. I could play guard right now better than him and I'm washed up.

Then, for some reason you cut loose of Bronson, who was playing well, to trade for Kelcie flippin McCray. I don't understand that, at all really, but I'm hoping McCray is worth a shit.

You cut Cudjo to line up Damion Square.... Seriously? Cudjo was at least serviceable in rotation in St. Louis. Square, well... whatever.

I'm still scratching my head on how Ron Parker made this roster and how Van Dyke was somehow worse...

Then you have the debacles of the draft so far, such as failure to address a single glaring need but yet not really getting great value either.

I'm all for kicking over rocks, but at least maintain talent in crucial areas.

Maybe I hadn't paid as much attention to it before, but, I can't remember a Chiefs front office being as active as this one has.

I agree. Hell last year it looked like Coop and the Beard were desperate trash heap moves, but they were solid contributors. I am not knocking any waiver or released player signings yet.

I agree. Hell last year it looked like Coop and the Beard were desperate trash heap moves, but they were solid contributors. I am not knocking any waiver or released player signings yet.

The only positive to signing Mike McGlynn is that it instantly helps Jeff Allen look better. Sorry for pissing in your Cheerios, but he sucks ass.

Call me less than elated.... Moves don't mean good moves, but moves they do make.

I could give a shit less about Mike McGlynn. I could play guard right now better than him and I'm washed up.

Then, for some reason you cut loose of Bronson, who was playing well, to trade for Kelcie flippin McCray. I don't understand that, at all really, but I'm hoping McCray is worth a shit.

You cut Cudjo to line up Damion Square.... Seriously? Cudjo was at least serviceable in rotation in St. Louis. Square, well... whatever.

I'm still scratching my head on how Ron Parker made this roster and how Van Dyke was somehow worse...

Then you have the debacles of the draft so far, such as failure to address a single glaring need but yet not really getting great value either.

I'm all for kicking over rocks, but at least maintain talent in crucial areas.

Agree. Total bust of an offseason IMO.

Maybe I hadn't paid as much attention to it before, but, I can't remember a Chiefs front office being as active as this one has.

The silver lining in the cloud of a bad season start for the Chiefs is the waiver wire is reseeded September 28th. Let's hope the Chiefs win despite their deficiencies. However, if they don't, they should be in a position to pick off some talent from various teams. 

It's the best I got for now. Sorry. 

Archived