Reid Has BALLS the Size of Texas

If KC ran it, I would’ve been worried. But I thought that a pass would be better because only a drop or an uncovered INT is bad. The only reason why I thought we were going to go for it was because of the announcer saying that their body language was obvious that it was going to be the time out and punt. I thought it was a draw offsides thing until he said that.

I find myself hard pressed to give a coach credit for having balls when every other short yardage situation was overly conservative.  Was it really that ballsy?  I mean if we don't get it they still have to drive 50 yards and get into the end zone with no times outs and what, 50 seconds?  I'll give him credit for making the call, but it wasn't some transcendent call that was against all odds.  

12 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I find myself hard pressed to give a coach credit for having balls when every other short yardage situation was overly conservative.  Was it really that ballsy?  I mean if we don't get it they still have to drive 50 yards and get into the end zone with no times outs and what, 50 seconds?  I'll give him credit for making the call, but it wasn't some transcendent call that was against all odds.  

I think Reid is now free from the cant win the big one reputation. This freedom has him coaching with nothing to lose. I love it.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

most times you try to get the defense to jump offside in this situation, when it fails then you call TO and punt to pin them deep...so yeah to give a team a short field

if it did not work could have blown up in Reids face and we would be talking about the off season right now

On 1/17/2021 at 6:41 PM, moons314 said:

Iol well it's literally never happened before so yeah it was really that ballsy.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:41 PM, moons314 said:

Think there was 1:21.   More than enough time for them to score from the 50.  As for the other 4th down....can’t know Butker was going to miss.  Had he not missed we would have punted with an 8 pt lead.   Pretty ballsy IMO.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Think there was 1:21.   More than enough time for them to score from the 50.  As for the other 4th down....can’t know Butker was going to miss.  Had he not missed we would have punted with an 8 pt lead.   Pretty ballsy IMO.

there would have been about between 1:10  & 1:12, assuming clock would have stopped on a turnover on downs, but the browns had no Time Outs