Clark, Jones and RB

I saw glimpses of Jones collapsing the pocket but other than that these two need to step up. 
shit Wharton played a hell of a game. 
williams is the better back. The offence runs smoother as well. Bell may have issues grasping the playbook and his overly patient running does not bode well for our line. 
I was impressed with Williams today. Caught the ball well and ran with a attitude. Hopefully CEH is back next week and Reid uses Williams and CEH as the one two punch. 

Williams was banging, not sure why Reid is so damn incapable of continuing to run. Yes, throwing is more efficient moving the ball and Mahomes is a phenom. But if you have balance it keeps the defense guessing and sets up your QB for even more success and healthy.  So damn frustrating at times. He was averaging 6 years a run, one thing if he kept going nowhere, but he wasn't. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Williams was banging, not sure why Reid is so damn incapable of continuing to run. Yes, throwing is more efficient moving the ball and Mahomes is a phenom. But if you have balance it keeps the defense guessing and sets up your QB for even more success and healthy.  So damn frustrating at times. He was averaging 6 years a run, one thing if he kept going nowhere, but he wasn't. 

I think Williams is showing he can be the #2 behind CEH next year.  No reason to waste money into Bell next year.  

53 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think Williams is showing he can be the #2 behind CEH next year.  No reason to waste money into Bell next year.  

I would like to get another developmental guy later in the draft or udfa as the #3....one with a little juice.   Williams was awesome but he missed some cut back holes that you could drive a mack truck through.   He's a valuable back and I love the way he plays but the idea of him being the only guy or the only legit guy if CEH goes down for a long stretch is a little much for me.   

17 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’d like to see Damien Williams back. For 2 mil it’s worth it. Having him CEH and Daryl would be a great RB group that knows the playbook. 

True but if the cap drops like some think there aren't a lot of options to get below it.   Damien, Schwartz and Fisher are the most notable guys for creating space.   That and reworking HB.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

True but if the cap drops like some think there aren't a lot of options to get below it.   Damien, Schwartz and Fisher are the most notable guys for creating space.   That and reworking HB.

You save over 17 million by giving Mahomes a signing bonus conversion alone. We have plenty of options.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

You save over 17 million by giving Mahomes a signing bonus conversion alone. We have plenty of options.

Doesn't that spread it out over the next 4-5 years though?  Which is cool next year but not great when that high 30 million jumps to 44-45.

Sorry, meant roster bonus. They can use any portion of it to spread out against the cap the following years. See below. 

Patrick Mahomes’ roster bonus

The first thing the Chiefs will almost assuredly look at in order to save money is Patrick Mahomes’ $21.7 million roster bonus.

In The Art of NFL Contracts: Part 4, I went over how teams can restructure contracts to save money, and that is mainly what the Chiefs would do with Mahomes’ roster bonus. The Chiefs would convert the money in a roster bonus to a signing bonus, which the team could then spread out over five years against the salary cap.

If the Chiefs convert all of Mahomes’ 2021 roster bonus to a signing bonus, the team can immediately save $17.4 million. This doesn’t come without a cost, however. Mahomes’ salary cap hit until 2025 would go up by $4.4 million each year. This isn’t a small chunk of change.

The Chiefs can choose a smaller portion to convert to a signing bonus, but Mahomes’ roster bonus is definitely the first place the Chiefs will be looking for instant salary cap savings, as Mahomes is the safest bet the Chiefs can mortgage some of the future on.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

That's not the role Bell is here to play. His role is the ability to motion him out to the slot and catch passes out of the backfield.  Williams will never catch a pass out of the slot.  You're comparing apples and oranges because they are in the same position group.  There is a spot for Bell moving into next year if the money is right.  He's not been on the roster long enough to have the same feel with Pat and the rest of the offense.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That's not the role Bell is here to play. His role is the ability to motion him out to the slot and catch passes out of the backfield.  Williams will never catch a pass out of the slot.  You're comparing apples and oranges because they are in the same position group.  There is a spot for Bell moving into next year if the money is right.  He's not been on the roster long enough to have the same feel with Pat and the rest of the offense.  

Damien will be back. Bell had his chance and did nothing to separate himself from any other RB on the roster. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I don't see a scenario where Bell would want to stay in KC. He's here for a ring and a chance to showcase his skill for the next paycheck but it's clear that the ceiling for him is a committee guy for #2 RB behind CEH and there won't be money to justify it. 

Some GM will give Bell a decent 1-year deal to make him the top guy in the backfield and he'll leave. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Damien will be back. Bell had his chance and did nothing to separate himself from any other RB on the roster. 

What chance?  We picked him up off the street in November.  Again, Damien and Bell are completely different roles.  

Damien sucks.  He just does.  He gets a lot of love for the Super Bowl performance, but his numbers in that game were dog shit until he broke the long run at the end.  I'd take Daryl over Damien.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

What chance?  We picked him up off the street in November.  Again, Damien and Bell are completely different roles.  

Damien sucks.  He just does.  He gets a lot of love for the Super Bowl performance, but his numbers in that game were dog shit until he broke the long run at the end.  I'd take Daryl over Damien.  

SUCKS? LOL 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't see a scenario where Bell would want to stay in KC. He's here for a ring and a chance to showcase his skill for the next paycheck but it's clear that the ceiling for him is a committee guy for #2 RB behind CEH and there won't be money to justify it. 

Some GM will give Bell a decent 1-year deal to make him the top guy in the backfield and he'll leave. 

It depends on the market.  RBs aren't getting top dollar anymore.  We also don't know if chasing the payday with the Jets may have humbled him after how spectacularly it failed.  I'm not saying resign him at any cost, I just don't think the door is as closed as many seem to think.  IF the money is right, there is a role for Bell next year, especially with Watkins being gone.  

Just now, AFCWEST said:

SUCKS? LOL 

Absolutely.  He's an average back.  He's got 1200 career rushing yards, his best season ever was 2019 when get amassed a whopping 700 scrimmage yards.  His 3 playoff games totaled 196 yards rushing, 38 of which came on the one run.  Before that run, his playoff average per carry was 3.4 yards.  There's a reason the Chiefs drafted CEH before Williams ever opted out.  He's a 3rd string rb on a roster that has decent rb talent.  Go ahead and let that one run at the end of the super bowl cloud you into thinking Williams is something more than he really is. 

Bell is not the answer. If he was, he would be playing a hell of a lot more than he has been. He was brought in for peanuts as insurance in the event we had injuries. Also because defenses are playing more coverage and the backs are more vital for our success.

Damien may not be a Dalvin cook, but he is solid. Daryl WIlliams has been solid when asked. CEH is solid. THese guys will be even better with a solid O line.

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Bell is not the answer. If he was, he would be playing a hell of a lot more than he has been. He was brought in for peanuts as insurance in the event we had injuries. Also because defenses are playing more coverage and the backs are more vital for our success.

Damien may not be a Dalvin cook, but he is solid. Daryl WIlliams has been solid when asked. CEH is solid. THese guys will be even better with a solid O line.

WINNER