Clark, Jones and RB

12 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Bell is not the answer. If he was, he would be playing a hell of a lot more than he has been. He was brought in for peanuts as insurance in the event we had injuries. Also because defenses are playing more coverage and the backs are more vital for our success.

Damien may not be a Dalvin cook, but he is solid. Daryl WIlliams has been solid when asked. CEH is solid. THese guys will be even better with a solid O line.

Answer to what exactly?  He was brought in late, and has a completely different skillset than the other 3.  Andy Reid's playbooks are enormous.   You think a guy coming in late is going to light the world on fire in two months with an entirely new team?  That's just not how things work.  

9 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Answer to what exactly?  He was brought in late, and has a completely different skillset than the other 3.  Andy Reid's playbooks are enormous.   You think a guy coming in late is going to light the world on fire in two months with an entirely new team?  That's just not how things work.  

WRONG-O Im sure at the very least Bell did have a small package of plays. He did nothing special. Maybe things will be different in these last 2 games?

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

It depends on the market.  RBs aren't getting top dollar anymore.  We also don't know if chasing the payday with the Jets may have humbled him after how spectacularly it failed.  I'm not saying resign him at any cost, I just don't think the door is as closed as many seem to think.  IF the money is right, there is a role for Bell next year, especially with Watkins being gone.  

I think he would be an asset and the Chiefs would love to keep him around. He's a very talented player that can be a difference maker with the right tools around him. I just don't think it's a realistic chance for the Chiefs though as we don't have enough cap space to justify someone like him as pressing needs will divert any available cash to other positions.

22 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Who is asking Bell to light the world on fire? Off course there is time that is required to learn but he should have been more involved by now. Coaches confidence was with Williams and not Bell.  Watch yesterdays game, you will see when Mahomes throws a ball incomplete and points to Bell to come across more.

10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think he would be an asset and the Chiefs would love to keep him around. He's a very talented player that can be a difference maker with the right tools around him. I just don't think it's a realistic chance for the Chiefs though as we don't have enough cap space to justify someone like him as pressing needs will divert any available cash to other positions.

He looks very average to me. He has done nothing for 3 seasons. He will be lucky get get a prove it deal. In todays NFL backs like him are a dime a dozen.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

That's not the role Bell is here to play. His role is the ability to motion him out to the slot and catch passes out of the backfield.  Williams will never catch a pass out of the slot.  You're comparing apples and oranges because they are in the same position group.  There is a spot for Bell moving into next year if the money is right.  He's not been on the roster long enough to have the same feel with Pat and the rest of the offense.  

And he has done nothing lining up in the slot.  Time to move on

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He looks very average to me. He has done nothing for 3 seasons. He will be lucky get get a prove it deal. In todays NFL backs like him are a dime a dozen.

Jets don't really get a guy going on offense and Bell sure is rusty but with a decent offseason I think he can get back to his old self. Still not worth investing with just a promise. 

Clark and Jones are examples 1 and 2 of not sinking tons of money into defensive linemen. Clark was a ghost most of the year. Jones did okay at times, was far more visible, but teams double him out of existence. The fact Clark cannot beat backup tackles with no help says a lot. He may have done decently the second half of last season, but the other 25 games he is nothing special.

RB is fine. Missing CEH sucks right now, but he is the guy. I wouldn’t even draft one next year.