1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

no one is talking about the Helmet to Helmet targeting of Sorenson on Higgins causing the fumble

Is it hometown vs what should have been called? Curious to hear your answers

Also, dumbest harshest rule in Football with ball going out of the endzone being given to the Defense. Totally killed Clev's momentum- would have made it 16-10 with getting the ball first in the 3rd qtr.

Oh well it happened /shrug

Lets just hope it doesn’t happen in the Championship game KC vs Ravens......oh wait I mean Bills

bahahaha

I thought it was helmet to helmet, but don't think was trying to target the Browns player. He was just trying to stop him the best he could by launching himself.

I saw a clip on Youtube were Shannon Sharpe made the same point that moon did, in that a helmet penalty is usually for a defenseless coming across the middle.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Also, dumbest harshest rule in Football with ball going out of the endzone being given to the Defense. Totally killed Clev's momentum- would have made it 16-10 with getting the ball first in the 3rd qtr.

Ok so how would you change the rule?  Did you see Browns coach post game presser?  He actually said that we teach and practice to never reach out because of that very rule and his players know this.  Sooooo 

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

no one is talking about the Helmet to Helmet targeting of Sorenson on Higgins causing the fumble

Is it hometown vs what should have been called? Curious to hear your answers

We don't have time to talk about that. Way too busy discussing going to AFC title game.......again.

Who cares if it killed their momentum and possibly changed how the game played out?  You can say the same thing about any turnover, sack, major penalty, etc.

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but IMO there wasa verygood chance it would of been called "targeting" if reviewed.  I'm for reviewing plays but there becomes a time when enough is enough

yep it would have... no doubt

12 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Who cares if it killed their momentum and possibly changed how the game played out?  You can say the same thing about any turnover, sack, major penalty, etc.

The same call worked against us last year when Mahomes tried to extend the ball over the goal line and it fumbled out of bounds in the end zone. It sucks, but all comes around. 

So agree, it is what it is. 

20 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

It was

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1350919501261500418/photo/1

ARTICLE 10. USE OF THE HELMET

It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent.

Penalty: Loss of 15 yards. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified.

22 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Was a nice clean hit. The WR got up just fine. Great play by Dan. 

Hands, sounds like you wanted the Browns, a divisional foe. That’s weak. 

We have one rule that gives the defense the advantage and you want to take it away. Do you remember what team you root for? Lmao

Really....https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1350919501261500418/photo/1

52 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It was

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1350919501261500418/photo/1

ARTICLE 10. USE OF THE HELMET

It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent.

Penalty: Loss of 15 yards. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified.

I only quoted the part of your post where you called the rule dumb.  I was responding to that part only.  So you bringing up the hit is irrelevant.

Elsewhere, I gave my opinion that I can accept that the hit probably should have been a penalty but I didn't think it was as egregious as some have made it out to be.  I'm not "justifying" it.

The attempts to justify the hit are really sad.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not justifying it.  I thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, and could have been called. What I don't like is the inconstancy of the way they officiate. I'm not talking about human error..

There is a rule were a RB can't use his helmet as a ram, and they almost never call it. All the football I watch and have only seen it called once. I'm sure it's been called because I can't  every game, but as much as they do it, it should be called more. Kareem hunt does this a lot, he did it in this game, he did it when he played for the Chiefs.

IMO, the real issue that some have is, it was a game changing play that hurt the Browns chances. 

3 hours ago, qnet said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not justifying it.  I thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, and could have been called. What I don't like is the inconstancy of the way they officiate. I'm not talking about human error..

There is a rule were a RB can't use his helmet as a ram, and they almost never call it. All the football I watch and have only seen it called once. I'm sure it's been called because I can't  every game, but as much as they do it, it should be called more. Kareem hunt does this a lot, he did it in this game, he did it when he played for the Chiefs.

IMO, the real issue that some have is, it was a game changing play that hurt the Browns chances. 

Post of the day.  If defenders can't dive for all carriers that are going low, why can runners lead with the helmet every time they are about to make contact.  And yes, Hunt is the prime example.  He lowers his helmet nearly every run to take on tacklers.  So do most others.  Either be consistent or change the rule to only penalize obvious defenseless receiver situations.  By the way, I hate seeing college players ejected for unintentional helmet contact.  They're not hitting a stationary target.  

Maybe if he does not reach out and not protect the ball the hit would not matter. Plain and simple. Yes we have had this happen to us before and it sucks, but it is the rule too that goes both ways. Hell until they came back and asked the rules expert I was not even looking at the hit, just where the ball was etc.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, mex said:

It'll probably be allowed to go to replay

but that play was not targeting

furthermore, IMO the ball carriers ought to be charged for targeting if they put their head down in an attempt to bull through a tackler

in college football, the rule gives a huge advantage to the offense

if the NFL goes that route, there's gonna be a lot of pissed off fans

helmet to helmet contact is unavoidable when you have guys running a 4.4 in full contact

Anyone see how Kareem Hunt runs? He leads with his head and drives his helmet into defenders all the time. If replay were in place this year there is a likely chance the Sorenson play is flagged. But it isn't and it didn't. People at home get the benefit of slow motion replay, 5 different angles, zoom in shots, the refs do not have any of that. The touchback rule is dumb but it is not unfair in that it applies equally to everyone.

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

The attempts to justify the hit are really sad.

Hit on Mahomes wasn’t illegal, but it was deadly. What kind of defender pulls a QBs head and neck to the ground in a wrestling type take down going full speed? 

Nonetheless, we blamed Reid for putting Mahomes body out there. Not the defender. 

For the one play that the media and fans are up in arms about, I bet you could find 20 other hits from that game that were just as blatant head to head contact as that one, if not worse. It's my opinion that Sorensen was trying to cut the TE's legs and just didn't get there in time (by that time the TE was in dive mode and Sorensen couldn't get low enough to cut him). He didn't earhole the guy (unlike what they did to Kelce in the playoffs a few years back - and that wasn't called a penalty either). He had to leave with a concussion and it cost the Chiefs dearly. If Sorenson had simply wrapped up even a little, it would have looked a lit better but that is difficult when executing a cut-type tackle. DBs use that tackling technique on bigger RB's and TE's all the time. To say that Cleveland would have automatically won if they got that call is just ridiculous. The rest of the game would have played out differently, I suspect. The guy shouldn't have reached out and tried to be a hero, his own coach even said that. Most players still do that for some insane reason. Chiefs got an unbelievable break, no doubt about it. However,  the game is never decided by a blown call in the first half. 

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Hit on Mahomes wasn’t illegal, but it was deadly. What kind of defender pulls a QBs head and neck to the ground in a wrestling type take down going full speed? 

Nonetheless, we blamed Reid for putting Mahomes body out there. Not the defender. 

Speak for yourself.  I don't blame Reid.  He just called an RPO.  Patrick made that specific decision.  But really it was a fluke play.  Why do you need to blame someone.  It happens.  It's football man.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

Speak for yourself.  I don't blame Reid.  He just called an RPO.  Patrick made that specific decision.  But really it was a fluke play.  Why do you need to blame someone.  It happens.  It's football man.

Yeah.  I don't think anybody wants Mahomes running 15 times a game.  But running is part of his game, and a critical down in a playoff game is no time to be scared of that.  Frankly he's probably less in danger on the move than standing like a statue behind this line.