Do the only difference between Higgins and Sorenson is that Sorenson was going for a tackle and hands were not out in front. Higgins led with his head or hands? Plus, as low as Higgins was, how else do you tackle him?

Hunt (as do many ball carries) lead with their heads. If you recorded the game, go back and watch Hunt. He lowers his head and uses to initiate contact. That by rule is a foul also. The defense always gets called for lowering the head and leading with the crown but, ball carries never have that called all them.

58 minutes ago, xen said:

Speak for yourself.  I don't blame Reid.  He just called an RPO.  Patrick made that specific decision.  But really it was a fluke play.  Why do you need to blame someone.  It happens.  It's football man.

Yes I do hold Reid accountable. 

The man was already hobbled from a jammed toe. Clearly wasn’t confident as earlier in the game. 

Use your damn running backs, not our half billion dollar QB already injured. 

anyone notice leveon bell didn’t play? Man, throw him in a down or two if you wanna scheme around 

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yes I do hold Reid accountable. 

The man was already hobbled from a jammed toe. Clearly wasn’t confident as earlier in the game. 

Use your damn running backs, not our half billion dollar QB already injured. 

anyone notice leveon bell didn’t play? Man, throw him in a down or two if you wanna scheme around 

Misplaced anger.  We call tons of RPOs.  It was a freak play. 

Patrick is a medium-sized QB.  He's not tiny like Kyler, Brees, etc., but he's not a tank like Cam Newton.

He seems like he's got decent bulk, but he's had these freak injuries - all the ankle rolls last year, then the knee.  This year was clean until the toe + concussion protocol (whatever it actually is) on Sunday.  So it's hard to say if he's "injury prone" or not.  The knee was weird --- I heard at least one report suggest that Patrick appeared to have unusually flexible tendons / ligaments, which simultaneously made the dislocation more likely but allowed him to recover more quickly (the kneecap was displaced more easily, but nothing tore).

I don't think we're exposing Patrick to excessive risk.  We don't run him like Lamar.  Some of his best plays have been running.

The question is, do we put him in bubble wrap and never expose him to any hits?  Is that reasonable?  Is that the best use of him?  What's the point of never calling a designed run but exposing him behind a mediocre-at-best OL?  All good questions.

I honestly think his biggest weakness is how he takes hits and goes down.  Always looks awkward for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Patrick is a medium-sized QB.  He's not tiny like Kyler, Brees, etc., but he's not a tank like Cam Newton.

He seems like he's got decent bulk, but he's had these freak injuries - all the ankle rolls last year, then the knee.  This year was clean until the toe + concussion protocol (whatever it actually is) on Sunday.  So it's hard to say if he's "injury prone" or not.  The knee was weird --- I heard at least one report suggest that Patrick appeared to have unusually flexible tendons / ligaments, which simultaneously made the dislocation more likely but allowed him to recover more quickly (the kneecap was displaced more easily, but nothing tore).

I don't think we're exposing Patrick to excessive risk.  We don't run him like Lamar.  Some of his best plays have been running.

The question is, do we put him in bubble wrap and never expose him to any hits?  Is that reasonable?  Is that the best use of him?  What's the point of never calling a designed run but exposing him behind a mediocre-at-best OL?  All good questions.

I honestly think his biggest weakness is how he takes hits and goes down.  Always looks awkward for some reason.

I heard similar things about Mahomes in an interview he did. He sometimes looks like he can't decide whether to slide or keep going, but he's getting better at it. I kind of wish he would just fold up like Brady or how Manning used to, but know that's not him.

by definition of what officials allow, that was not targeting.. This may not be the letter of the law but it is how the law is and has been enforced. 

If it was it would of been called a lot on opposing teams, as they tackled Hill. 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:11 PM, Handswarmer said:

no one is talking about the Helmet to Helmet targeting of Sorenson on Higgins causing the fumble

Is it hometown vs what should have been called? Curious to hear your answers

Also, dumbest harshest rule in Football with ball going out of the endzone being given to the Defense. Totally killed Clev's momentum- would have made it 16-10 with getting the ball first in the 3rd qtr.

yep a rule designed to prevent just what the guy was doing,  is harsh.. yep.. yep.. its not a dumb rule, it is a misunderstood rule. its happened to us.. and man that wasnt targeting..

20 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I already said above I would not have been upset had they called it.  But serious question.

What other option would Sorenson have had?  Are defenders just supposed to concede a touchdown if somebody dives head first for the endzone?

Look at the photo, this head is targeting the player (i say player because we do not know what his intention is) but his foot is on the ground, and his hands are balled into fists, down by his side.

Why not go at him with is arms and hands extended? Last time I checked, my arms reach about 3 feet further than my head when raised over my head- contact would have been sooner.

Also, what kind of damage is to be expected ala Ryan Shazier from hitting like this?

1 hour ago, robgar said:

by definition of what officials allow, that was not targeting.. This may not be the letter of the law but it is how the law is and has been enforced. 

If it was it would of been called a lot on opposing teams, as they tackled Hill. 

LOL, ok....

On 1/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, qnet said:

I thought it was helmet to helmet, but don't think was trying to target the Browns player. He was just trying to stop him the best he could by launching himself.

I saw a clip on Youtube were Shannon Sharpe made the same point that moon did, in that a helmet penalty is usually for a defenseless coming across the middle.

Can't launch

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Can't launch

he did not launch, i looked at the clip again and sorenson never left his feet, it really looks like when he committed to the play he did not know the WR was going to go lower as well...Bang Bang Play and there is no point to continue this debate...you have your opinion and Browns fans have theirs as well as do Chiefs fans...it was not reviewable so what is the point in banging this drum

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

he did not launch, i looked at the clip again and sorenson never left his feet, it really looks like when he committed to the play he did not know the WR was going to go lower as well...Bang Bang Play and there is no point to continue this debate...you have your opinion and Browns fans have theirs as well as do Chiefs fans...it was not reviewable so what is the point in banging this drum

cuz that's what he do

48 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Also, what kind of damage is to be expected ala Ryan Shazier from hitting like this?

You know what also avoids Ryan Shazier type injuries? Not deciding to make a living doing something where people run full speed and throw themselves at eachother for 60 minutes once a week for 4 months out of the year.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Look at the photo, this head is targeting the player (i say player because we do not know what his intention is) but his foot is on the ground, and his hands are balled into fists, down by his side.

Why not go at him with is arms and hands extended? Last time I checked, my arms reach about 3 feet further than my head when raised over my head- contact would have been sooner.

Might want to switch to soccer.  This is tackle football not flag football.  Can we please quit making this sport softer please. More violent the better. (within reason) Don't  like it how about don't watch or play it.  And reacting to your title ----- So I noticed---- I noticed Baltimore watching the rest of the playoffs from the couch again... Until they get a complete QB that can throw a ball accurately on a consistent basis they will continue to be from the outside looking in. 

45 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You know what also avoids Ryan Shazier type injuries? Not deciding to make a living doing something where people run full speed and throw themselves at eachother for 60 minutes once a week for 4 months out of the year.

I know that if I was talented enough to play football and make that kind of money I would be asking where do I sign. Last time I checked they were not forced to play.   

18 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Do the only difference between Higgins and Sorenson is that Sorenson was going for a tackle and hands were not out in front. Higgins led with his head or hands? Plus, as low as Higgins was, how else do you tackle him?

Hunt (as do many ball carries) lead with their heads. If you recorded the game, go back and watch Hunt. He lowers his head and uses to initiate contact. That by rule is a foul also. The defense always gets called for lowering the head and leading with the crown but, ball carries never have that called all them.

I don't know if any of you guys remember, Hunt was penalized leading with his head when he played for us. I believe it was against the Donkeys

42 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

I don't know if any of you guys remember, Hunt was penalized leading with his head when he played for us. I believe it was against the Donkeys

I remember, and I thought it was stupid then.   The whole targeting thing began when the league was trying to protect receivers from getting blown up by a safety when going up for a ball across the middle.  It has since morphed into this stupidity of everything that isn't an arm tackle is potentially "illegal".  Sorenson had perfect form on that play, how it's taught from peewee on up, from the hips to the position of the head being out in front.  The angle from which the play happened made any potential targeting physically impossible.