Can We Finally....

...Stop using the term "same old Chiefs"?

80% of the people around here still think that this is the chiefs of yesteryear.  I can only imagine what was going on yesterday in everybody's living rooms yesterday afteroon:

• Lin Elliott Game
  • Forward Progress Game
  • Joe Montana Injury Game
  • Mariota Pass to himself Game
  • Colts meltdown game
  • And now the Mahomes Injury Game

This team can overcome anything, and yesterday should put the final nail in that coffin of "the chiefs will blow it again like they always do".   This team does what it takes to win.  This team doesn't let some crazy event define their game.  Mahomes and Reid don't accept this and we should no longer accept it either.

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

The Henne pick was bad. Especially for a vet. We were 1st & 25 on the edge of FG range. A couple of safe throws and we can attempt a FG. And eat clock. Nope...he tried to go all Mahomie on them. The safety was just standing there waiting for it to land.

I was surprised he didn't signal for a fair catch

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i probably got the most pissed and screamed at the TV for the first time all season when Henne threw that INT on 1st and 25....started to think about what i was going to do to keep busy with no Chiefs FB next week...

I had decided I was going to dust under my bed.

20 minutes ago, mex said:

This isn't the Chiefs of the 90's but you can't blame anyone for thinking 'same ol' when we endured more than a decade of playoff meltdowns 

it's only been 24 months for crying out loud

Yep. 
It’ll take more than this short term success, as amazing as it is, to erase 50 years of memory, including playoff disasters from 1988 - 2018. 

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The whole offense deserves an academy award for the way they made it look like they were not really going to snap the ball on that final game-winning first down play.  It looked like they were all going to lie down and take a nap.

Ain’t that the truth. They had the “we’re just going to be still until one of you guys goes offside” bit down pat. 

Bravo performance. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

The Henne pick was bad. Especially for a vet. We were 1st & 25 on the edge of FG range. A couple of safe throws and we can attempt a FG. And eat clock. Nope...he tried to go all Mahomie on them. The safety was just standing there waiting for it to land.

You mean a guy throwing his 3rd pass ever in the playoffs :D

19 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

No.  I'm talking about a guy who's been around for a long time and should be aware of situational football. 

so your absolving  Robinson of all responsibility in this? watching the replay he did look to be throttling down abit and I also dont think Henne called the play just doing what he was told to do..JMO  but  he was going to make a blunder sometime in the game. Its what 2nd string QB's do when thrown into the mix with zero prep. I'm thankful it was more like a punt than a deal like Jackson pulled

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

A little off subject, but if Ricky Seals-Jones hadn't earned that 15 yd. penalty, the Chiefs would have come out with at least a high percentage FG shot and maybe a game clinching TD.  Has there ever been a worse FA signing than RSJ?  He's made Kendrell Bell and Chester McClocklin look like steals.