Can We Finally....

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A little off subject, but if Ricky Seals-Jones hadn't earned that 15 yd. penalty, the Chiefs would have come out with at least a high percentage FG shot and maybe a game clinching TD.  Has there ever been a worse FA signing than RSJ?  He's made Kendrell Bell and Chester McClocklin look like steals.  

Big difference 

those guys came in with resumes and high expectations 

jones is a nobody 

7 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

...Stop using the term "same old Chiefs"?

80% of the people around here still think that this is the chiefs of yesteryear.  I can only imagine what was going on yesterday in everybody's living rooms yesterday afteroon:

• Lin Elliott Game
  • Forward Progress Game
  • Joe Montana Injury Game
  • Mariota Pass to himself Game
  • Colts meltdown game
  • And now the Mahomes Injury Game

This team can overcome anything, and yesterday should put the final nail in that coffin of "the chiefs will blow it again like they always do".   This team does what it takes to win.  This team doesn't let some crazy event define their game.  Mahomes and Reid don't accept this and we should no longer accept it either.

Uh no. Sorry man. These things happened and it was painful. To say it didn’t happen is revisionist history. 

can this version of the Chiefs assuage that very real grief? 

it’s already happened IMO. No matter what happened the Chiefs won the super bowl just last year. 

everything else is gravy 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

A little off subject, but if Ricky Seals-Jones hadn't earned that 15 yd. penalty, the Chiefs would have come out with at least a high percentage FG shot and maybe a game clinching TD.  Has there ever been a worse FA signing than RSJ?  He's made Kendrell Bell and Chester McClocklin look like steals.  

He didn't cost as much as those other two clowns, but he sure as hell stunk it up.  Complete disaster.

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

A player like a jason Dunn would be a big upgrade over Jones, Keizer and Yelder. And he wasn't even a receiving threat.

Jason Dunn’s blocking was a game changer. Go back and look at some of those games. Almost all of the sweeps were run to his side and he almost always took out his man. 
The guy was a stud. 

36 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Jason Dunn’s blocking was a game changer. Go back and look at some of those games. Almost all of the sweeps were run to his side and he almost always took out his man. 
The guy was a stud. 

That's what I meant are backups TE. Aren't average or good at either.

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so your absolving  Robinson of all responsibility in this? watching the replay he did look to be throttling down abit and I also dont think Henne called the play just doing what he was told to do..JMO  but  he was going to make a blunder sometime in the game. Its what 2nd string QB's do when thrown into the mix with zero prep. I'm thankful it was more like a punt than a deal like Jackson pulled

Robinson running towards the correct end zone is already a huge plus. 

3 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

The guy was a stud. 

A decent tackle with a guy like Dunn next to him is basically a guarantee in short runs. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bring back "The Beard:

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

whatever happened to him???

Are you talking about Sean McGrath? I remember we called him Duck Dynasty. I thought he was pretty solid, but he only played the first season Reid coached the Chiefs. Never understood why they didn't keep him, I guess because we had Kelce

Edit: yeah I see that's who you were talking about..