Patrick's Health Thread

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it is "too early to say that (Patrick Mahomes) will definitely will play" in the AFC Championship Game. 

Schefter also confirms that Mahomes is dealing with a foot injury after he was limping around in the Divisional Round. The Chiefs have sent mixed messages on if they believe Mahomes was actually concussed against the Browns, but Schefter reports that is indeed the case. Per Schefter, Mahomes has already cleared some "big steps," but there are many more to go between now and Sunday. We know concussions are fickle, but it is a bit hard to believe Mahomes will not be out there against the Bills. Our first official update will come with Wednesday's injury report. Schefter reports 

On 1/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, xen said:

Sorry, Xen. That's has to be bullshit.  You don't get up woozy with a loss of balance from a pinched nerve in your neck.  You get up grimacing. Plus, if it hurts froma pinched nerve, it is due to a crack in a vertebral foramen that the nerve passes through, in which case he would need surgery.  He was up and practicing.  NOT a "pinched nerve."  That's just a colloquial expression anyway, for a neck "stinger."  When you get up woozy, you have seen stars.  It is a concussion.  Probably mild. I hope he continues to show no cognitive changes or loss of balance for the next three days in a row.  If he passes that, he will play on Sunday.

Plus...I saw the front of his head bounce off the turf on the replay.

Wilson had a very classy response to Mahomes’ mother, making it very clear that he never had any intentions of hurting her son.

“No disrespect mom I’m just playing hard,” Wilson replied. “This is a dangerous game we play and we take a risk every time we step foot on the field. I’m happy that Pat is okay but mind you.. I’ve never been a dirty player. I just want to win and be great like your son.”

Randi quickly responded to Wilson’s tweet, saying “Thanks!! I know every player was out there playing their best.. this momma bear was just having a hard time watching it…. it hurt me as a parent is all.. appreciate your kinda words.”

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Wilson had a very classy response to Mahomes’ mother, making it very clear that he never had any intentions of hurting her son.

“No disrespect mom I’m just playing hard,” Wilson replied. “This is a dangerous game we play and we take a risk every time we step foot on the field. I’m happy that Pat is okay but mind you.. I’ve never been a dirty player. I just want to win and be great like your son.”

Randi quickly responded to Wilson’s tweet, saying “Thanks!! I know every player was out there playing their best.. this momma bear was just having a hard time watching it…. it hurt me as a parent is all.. appreciate your kinda words.”

I agree totally with Wilson. In slow motion, he was tumbling toward the turf, and the natural reflex reaction is to raise your shoulders and bend the neck forward to protect your own head.  If there was a dirty hit using the helmet in that game, it was on Dirty Dan for that hit in the end zone that swung the game our way by 10 points. It wasn't called, was it?

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree totally with Wilson. In slow motion, he was tumbling toward the turf, and the natural reflex reaction is to raise your shoulder sand bend the neck forward to protect your own head.  If there was a dirty hit using the helmet in that game, it was on Dirty Dan for that hit in the end zone that swung the game our way by 10 points. It wasn't called, was it?

It might have 7 points but there was plenty of time left for Mahomes to get in FG range.  We had a to and a minute.   I agree that Dan’s hit was probably illegal according to the letter of the law but it wasn’t a dirty play.   Furthermore Hunts dropping of the helmet on HB was far more egregious and dangerous as it was head on and that my friend would have probably ended their TD drive.   If we are dissecting plays that shouldhave been called by the letter of the law then both were missed.  One missed call per each team.