Patrick's Health Thread

I heard one of talking heads say that in hindsight, Mahomes should have stayed down for a couple of minutes instead of trying to pop right back up.  He had to know he was feeling weird after the tackle. They would have still checked him out but he may have been out a series or two instead of the rest of the game.  I read that he answered one of the questions wrong  so it may not have mattered, but seeing him wobble on the field made his return non-negotiable. Assuming he wasn’t actually concussed, he would have a normal week of practice this week. I wonder if he will get told to stay down and get his bearings if he’s ever in a similar situation again, god forbid.

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hope that was film from today because CEH is practicing.  

Player Injury Participation*
LB Willie Gay Jr. Ankle DNP
WR Sammy Watkins Calf LP
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire Ankle/Hip LP
CB Rashad Fenton Foot LP
CB Bashaud Breeland Concussion/Shoulder LP
QB Patrick Mahomes Concussion/Toe LP

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:
Player Injury Participation*
LB Willie Gay Jr. Ankle DNP
WR Sammy Watkins Calf LP
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire Ankle/Hip LP
CB Rashad Fenton Foot LP
CB Bashaud Breeland Concussion/Shoulder LP
QB Patrick Mahomes Concussion/Toe LP

I didn't know there was such a thing as a toe concussion.

14 hours ago, mex said:

Are you saying I'm not in shape?!?

I'll have you know when I'm sitting on the couch doing 16 oz curls, I also do squats every time I get up to take a piss. And with my prostate... those are high-rep sets. 

I know exactly what you mean.  My quads are huge from getting up to pee.

On Thursday afternoon, Mahomes stepped back on the practice field. According to Chiefs reporter Nate Taylor, the star quarterback was back out on the field and “looked like Patrick Mahomes.”

·
1h

And if you’re wondering, yes, Patrick Mahomes looked like Patrick Mahomes during the open portion of today’s practice.

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I believe he either wasn't concussed OR that it has fortunately healed very quickly.  I'm more worried about his toe.

Video shows him warming up with no limp.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/21/22242921/watch-thursday-footage-of-patrick-mahomes-on-the-practice-field

In a Twitter post titled "Championship game prep," the franchise released footage from the practice field that showed Mahomes running around and making a throw with a mask on. It's worth noting that Mahomes wasn't wearing pads or risking any contact in the video, but it still looks very promising for the player's chances of being ready to take on the Bills come Sunday.

However, it should. be noted Mahomes was listed as a full participant in practice with a designation of concussion/toe.

It's too soon for Mahomes to be officially cleared under the NFL's concussion protocols, but the fact that he seemed to be feeling fine during the video is a great sign for the Chiefs. It's highly unlikely that Kansas City officials would have allowed him to venture on the practice field at all if he was still feeling the effects of his head injury.

There's also the reality that the organization knew exactly what it was doing when they published the latest video of Mahomes. It seems certain that the Chiefs are trying to send a not-so-subtle message to their fan base. The video is a clear signal that Mahomes is on track to play this Sunday.

48 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Video shows him warming up with no limp.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/21/22242921/watch-thursday-footage-of-patrick-mahomes-on-the-practice-field

In a Twitter post titled "Championship game prep," the franchise released footage from the practice field that showed Mahomes running around and making a throw with a mask on. It's worth noting that Mahomes wasn't wearing pads or risking any contact in the video, but it still looks very promising for the player's chances of being ready to take on the Bills come Sunday.

However, it should. be noted Mahomes was listed as a full participant in practice with a designation of concussion/toe.

It's too soon for Mahomes to be officially cleared under the NFL's concussion protocols, but the fact that he seemed to be feeling fine during the video is a great sign for the Chiefs. It's highly unlikely that Kansas City officials would have allowed him to venture on the practice field at all if he was still feeling the effects of his head injury.

There's also the reality that the organization knew exactly what it was doing when they published the latest video of Mahomes. It seems certain that the Chiefs are trying to send a not-so-subtle message to their fan base. The video is a clear signal that Mahomes is on track to play this Sunday.

This is good news. Thank you

Really don't understand why the Chiefs would be sending a message to the fans.  Most teams would want to keep some doubt to throw the other team off the scent.  Of course, I'm sure Buffalo is preparing for Mahomes anyway and isn't scared of unexpectedly seeing Henne.

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I would be stunned if Mahomes didn't play Sunday. My concerns are for CEH, Breeland, Watkins and Fenton.

CEH I bet is out. Watkins only will play if he can get his vagina dried out. Really wish we had more info on Fenton and Breeland. I bet one of them plays though.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

CEH I bet is out. Watkins only will play if he can get his vagina dried out. Really wish we had more info on Fenton and Breeland. I bet one of them plays though.

Everyone except Gay practiced.  It would be surprising if CEH, Fenton, and Watkins didn't play although they might be limited.  Breeland seems to be on the same track as Mahomes in that he's practicing but not cleared the step five of the protocal.  Isn't Sat. morning when the league can clear Mahomes?  I assume Breeland is in the same boat.