Patrick's Health Thread

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:
On Thursday afternoon, Mahomes stepped back on the practice field. According to Chiefs reporter Nate Taylor, the star quarterback was back out on the field and “looked like Patrick Mahomes.”

·
1h

And if you’re wondering, yes, Patrick Mahomes looked like Patrick Mahomes during the open portion of today’s practice.

At least he didn't look like some other person. From a distance, the #15 on his jersey  helps.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Everyone except Gay practiced.  It would be surprising if CEH, Fenton, and Watkins didn't play although they might be limited.  Breeland seems to be on the same track as Mahomes in that he's practicing but not cleared the step five of the protocal.  Isn't Sat. morning when the league can clear Mahomes?  I assume Breeland is in the same boat. 

There's no set timetable for the concussion protocol.  They just have to clear all 5 phases.  Judging by the reports today he seems to be in phase 4, non contact position specific activities.  They'll do testing again now and compare it to baseline testing he did before the season.  If the staff doctors clear that, they send him to the independent doctor to see if they'll clear him.  That’s phase 5.  The average return time for QBs in the protocol is 7 days fwiw.  As a competitive prick, I'm sure Mahomes will be looking to beat the record return time, whatever that is.

1 hour ago, xen said:

There's no set timetable for the concussion protocol.  They just have to clear all 5 phases.  Judging by the reports today he seems to be in phase 4, non contact position specific activities.  They'll do testing again now and compare it to baseline testing he did before the season.  If the staff doctors clear that, they send him to the independent doctor to see if they'll clear him.  That’s phase 5.  The average return time for QBs in the protocol is 7 days fwiw.  As a competitive prick, I'm sure Mahomes will be looking to beat the record return time, whatever that is.

Still a little 😬 

On Friday, Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes announced that he's cleared the NFL's concussion protocol, which means he's a go for the AFC Championship game against the Bills. Mahomes said he has been evaluated by three different doctors. “I'll be able to go out there and be myself,” Mahomes said, per Nate Taylor. 

Patrick Mahomes said his toe is "feeling a lot better."

Mahomes was clearly struggling to move on what likely was a turf toe injury last week, but he said the injury has improved a lot in recent days. He even went as far as saying "it wasn't as bad as it looked." Mahomes will start against the Bills on Sunday after clearing the concussion protocol, but the toe injury will be a storyline. During his playoff career, Mahomes has been more lethal on the ground. With Mahomes' injury status clearing up, the betting market has settled on Chiefs as -3 or -3.5 favorites.

SOURCE: Chiefsdigest.com

It is not impossible for a player to get a concussion and be ready to go a week later. Bills fans all think it was rigged and dictated by Andy Reid or the NFL for profit grabbing. Shows how stupid they are. There are no definitive tests like an MRI or blood test that says good or bad. It's neurological and cognitive response based. 

49 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It is not impossible for a player to get a concussion and be ready to go a week later. Bills fans all think it was rigged and dictated by Andy Reid or the NFL for profit grabbing. Shows how stupid they are. There are no definitive tests like an MRI or blood test that says good or bad. It's neurological and cognitive response based. 

I'm pretty sure there are both ignorant and informed Bill's fans.

9 hours ago, dhitter said:

I think some of them are just worried, because they know how hard it is to beat the Chiefs with Mahomes.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

I think some of them are just worried, because they know how hard it is to beat the Chiefs with Mahomes.

Gotta love the Bills fans who claimed they hoped Mahomes would recover because they wanted to beat the World Champs at their best and leave them with no excuses.  

Yeah, right!!!!

21 hours ago, West said:

Bil,

Can he get a shot for the "supposed" Turf toe?

w

Apparently it's no longer 'supposed'. On Gameday they're saying he'll need surgery after the season. I worry that Andy has been down playing this injury, as he typically does (and I understand why) but if PM has reduced mobility, it hurts big time.  One of his greatest assets is his ability make a play when the pocket inevitably breaks down. If this ability is hampered, it just puts more pressure on the OL and the receivers. The wet conditions make it even more difficult.

Hopefully Andy is 'up-playing' the injury...