Chiefs shopping for next year

Chiefs bring in ex Seahawk  versatile lineman for a visit

Britt, 29, is a former second-round draft pick of the Seattle Seahawks by the way of the University of Missouri. He has experience playing all over the offensive line including center, left guard, right guard and right tackle. He started in 86 career games over the span of 2014-2019 but spent the 2020 NFL season as a free agent as he recovered from a serious knee injury suffered late in the 2019 season.

The Chiefs have some future needs along the offensive line at a number of positions and having a versatile player like Britt in the fold could be valuable. If the visit went well, expect the team to sign him to the practice squad or possibly even a reserve/future deal. If you’re not familiar with reserve/future contracts, they allow players to sign with a new team prior to the beginning of the new league year without counting them toward the 53-man roster.

22 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Sounds like a guy at the end of his career that will be the swing backup/6th offensive linemen for a few years to extend his career.  Would be a great addition, offering stability in the event of injury.   Very nice. 

Looks like he suffered the injury late in 2019 and only being 29 seems like it took him longer to recover.  Maybe this whole year and an off-season could net us a productive center.   

The other issue is we only have like 36 people under contract going into next year.   Signing guys like these to a 1 year vet minimum fills the roster with good depth and saves valuable money against a reduced cap.   Veach continues to kill it.   Prince Tega, Britt, @ Calloway are all low risk high reward signings.   Calloway could be a stud #3 if he got his act together.   

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Looks like he suffered the injury late in 2019 and only being 29 seems like it took him longer to recover.  Maybe this whole year and an off-season could net us a productive center.   

The other issue is we only have like 36 people under contract going into next year.   Signing guys like these to a 1 year vet minimum fills the roster with good depth and saves valuable money against a reduced cap.   Veach continues to kill it.   Prince Tega, Britt, @ Calloway are all low risk high reward signings.   Calloway could be a stud #3 if he got his act together.   

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't sign him tbh. Would give us a backup center better then our current starter. Then we could draft one and let them battle for snaps.

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah, it kinda sucks that we're going to have the 32nd pick in the draft again.  

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't sign him tbh. Would give us a backup center better then our current starter. Then we could draft one and let them battle for snaps.

I still don't understand what happened with Kilgore.  I thought he looked better than the garbage ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Not sure how the injury is going but used to be a decent player. He's versatile enough to play any interior position but could end up being a nice stop gap at OC. If healthy I can see him being around and considering our injury status getting some starts in 2021. 

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Sammie is back disguised as Hardman.

I wouldn’t go that far but people trying to tell me Hardman was similar to Hill in his first year need to go watch Hill’s rookie year again.   Dude was insane!  Hardman has straight line speed which is nice but he’s our version of John Brown.   We will be targeting a wr somewhere in the off-season as Hardman is at best the #3 guy and that’s kind of a stretch.

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Didn't we go Sammie Parker in the 2nd?   Yikes that was a brutal draft!

Nah, the Chiefs took the unstoppable H-back, Kris Wilson second that year.  Parker was a fourth rounder IIRC.  That draft was topped in 2009, I think, when they used the first two picks on DE Tyson Jackson and DE Magee.  Real steals away from teams less adroit at drafting in those days.  

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nah, the Chiefs took the unstoppable H-back, Kris Wilson second that year.  Parker was a fourth rounder IIRC.  That draft was topped in 2009, I think, when they used the first two picks on DE Tyson Jackson and DE Magee.  Real steals away from teams less adroit at drafting in those days.  

I try to forget those days.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I wouldn’t go that far but people trying to tell me Hardman was similar to Hill in his first year need to go watch Hill’s rookie year again.   Dude was insane!  Hardman has straight line speed which is nice but he’s our version of John Brown.   We will be targeting a wr somewhere in the off-season as Hardman is at best the #3 guy and that’s kind of a stretch.

Hardman's best contribution is on the jet sweep where he can use his speed.  He's been underwhelming as a receiver, and in the 4th quarter of a playoff game or Super Bowl, in a 4th quarter drive, I don't have him on the field, as he'd likely drop a clutch 3rd down pass.  

On 1/22/2021 at 5:23 PM, moons314 said:

Hardman's best contribution is on the jet sweep where he can use his speed.  He's been underwhelming as a receiver, and in the 4th quarter of a playoff game or Super Bowl, in a 4th quarter drive, I don't have him on the field, as he'd likely drop a clutch 3rd down pass.  

Sad really.   I mean how bad is he on another team where they actually need him to produce?