Chiefs bills predictions.

14 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Funny? And yes it will  who runs the ball? 
smart ass  

It was a Buffalo weather joke.  Generally, Buffalo weather is worse than KC's in the winter.  They've built that team since the 60's to win their home games there.  You are putting too much into my jibe.  Lighten up, Francis.

This week the team has decided to activate two players from the practice squad, both of whom they’re very familiar with.

First up the Chiefs decided to activate WR Marcus Kemp to the 53-man roster. Kemp was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Hawaii back in 2017. He’s spent time on the 53-man roster, practice squad and on the Miami Dolphins’ practice squad this season. Kemp’s role is typically playing special teams for Kansas City, but with Sammy Watkins questionable, having him available could be important on offense as well.

The Chiefs also decided to elevate DB Chris Lammons for the second consecutive week. He’s another guy who primarily plays a special teams role on the coverage units, but with Rashad Fenton questionable he could also provide valuable depth in the secondary.

Since both players have been elevated to play special teams before, I wouldn’t read too much into what their elevations mean about the status of Fenton and Watkins. It’s entirely possible that the Chiefs make others inactive in order to make way for Kemp and Lammons.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:01 AM, oldtimer said:

Chiefs decimated by injuries throughout the game Butker misses key extra points 38-36 Bills

still PTSD from 1994

That 1994 game was the first post season I watched as a Chiefs fan. I always rooted for the team, but didn't get into football until after that playoff run. When Montana got knocked to the ground, and left the game with a concussion, it was over. 

Fast forward two seasons, they lose to the Colts, the team that upset them in the playoffs. They needed to win their last game to make it to the playoffs. I remember the announcer vividly saying "they got to go to Buffalo"   The way he said it let you know that he didn't think they had a chance, and he was right. The Bills crushed the Chiefs 20-9.

I remember them interviewing an upset DT after the game, and him saying we needed to make some changes. 

We made changes, one of them being the acquisition of SF QB Elvis Grbac. Unfortunately, our division rival the Broncos were a ascending team that year, and we know the rest of the history. 

I've probably told this story in some form before on this forum, but don't remember after all these years.

I share your PTSD,  but think it will be different this time.

ycm8ibEE_x96.jpg

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source. Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

ycm8ibEE_x96.jpg

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source. Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

Just read this!   Really needed Watkins out there today.   

14 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Nope. Chiefs don’t think so. Lol.. this fucking guy is made of glass

we need him to suck it up...

if we can pull it off vs Buff... a tough task twice in one season... maybe he'll magically recover

13 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I will not deviate from my typical prediction for superstitious purposes 

Chiefs 97

Bills negative 9

also, sammy never learned the difference between being uncomfortable and being injured, good luck getting a contract over 2 mil a year next season

If that's the case, the Chiefs should resign him.  He's good for one extra win even playing part time.  

34 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If that's the case, the Chiefs should resign him.  He's good for one extra win even playing part time.  

Yeah, i am exaggerating, but if he wants to play for near minimum he can stay and that is value for the 4 games a year he is out there.

realistically some team will give him 5 mil a year and there is no way i would give him that

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Just read this!   Really needed Watkins out there today.   

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Nope. Chiefs don’t think so. Lol.. this fucking guy is made of glass

Yeah, I'm tired of him now. My tolerance was based on him showing up in the playoffs.