The Four Falls of Buffalo

Just watched this on the NFL Channel.  Man o man. Talk about heartbreaking. 

During their 4 year stretch, they beat 3 AFC West teams in the AFCCG... Oak, Den and KC.... Miami was the other one. 

One thing about Buffalo... they love their teams and players. That town welcomed Scott Norwood back with open arms.  

The interviews were pretty interesting. By the 4th year people were ROOTING for Buffalo to lose... because they were sick of seeing them in the SB. It was really too bad the Chiefs couldn't pull it out. That championship game was painful as hell.  

Check it out if you can... puts things in perspective.

In at least two of those seasons Buffalo was the best team in the NFL. They blew through the playoffs and looked unstoppable. 
Then, in the SB they looked like they were running in mud. They looked like a shadow of the team they were all year. It wasn’t just that they were outplayed in those SBs, but that they weren’t even the same team. 
It was weird. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

saw it on the NFL Network last sunday, looks good but did not watch much of it because it was on opposite of the DIvision Round....

it's worth a watch... thankfully they didn't show any of their 4th AFCCG 

honestly that was back in the day when I hated lots of teams... raiders ('cause fuck the raiders), donks (elway fake sliding, big mouth sharpe), dolphins (Szott's bogus holding call) but I took a bit of pleasure in rooting against buffalo, only because they were great... especially after that record comeback vs houston, who I also hated with Moon and Jefferies

after that game, I thought they were invincible

had to chuckle at their losing 4 straight SBs never thinking what the players went through

can't imagine... one dude had a sign:

Bills:

I

Love

Losing

Super Bowls

their 2nd loss... to the redskins... was due to one of their coaches mouthing off about the WA offensive line... what a stupid thing to do before a SB

after that second loss, the team was devastated... they couldn't imagine there would be TWO MORE

Buffalo has some amazing fans.   Our kicker, "The Player that shall not be named" would still not be welcome in KC.  Crazy they welcomed Norwood back!   Gotta lot of respect for their fan base and they raised the bar last week in support 500k to an LJ charity.....pretty classy!

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Buffalo has some amazing fans.   Our kicker, "The Player that shall not be named" would still not be welcome in KC.  Crazy they welcomed Norwood back!   Gotta lot of respect for their fan base and they raised the bar last week in support 500k to an LJ charity.....pretty classy!

that's the first thing I thought... very classy

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That is classy of them. Having said that I think Norwood - if I'm not mistaken - was a solid kicker for them over several years vs the player that shall not be named, that the Chiefs picked up from Dallas after Jimmy Johnson cut him.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Guess that means I have no class because I never want to see the kicker whose name shall never be uttered again.  

that's not the ONLY reason you have no class!  :lol: 

Unlike you dinosaurs, I was just a kid when we went to Buffalo in 94 and got worked over.  Thurman Thomas was like a hot knife through butter.   I don't think we had a chance even if Joe didn't go down, the Bills were just flat out a better team.  Beating Buddy Ryan's vaunted defense and knocking off the steelers was easily the most memorable two game stretch of Chiefs history in my lifetime until last year.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Unlike you dinosaurs, I was just a kid when we went to Buffalo in 94 and got worked over.  Thurman Thomas was like a hot knife through butter.   I don't think we had a chance even if Joe didn't go down, the Bills were just flat out a better team.  Beating Buddy Ryan's vaunted defense and knocking off the steelers was easily the most memorable two game stretch of Chiefs history in my lifetime until last year.  

I was 25, I guess technically not a kid but maybe to some.  I missed that Steelers game and wish I had seen it.  I just happened to catch the Houston game and have been a diehard ever since. 

38 minutes ago, qnet said:

I was 25, I guess technically not a kid but maybe to some.  I missed that Steelers game and wish I had seen it.  I just happened to catch the Houston game and have been a diehard ever since. 

I was 12!  I didn't think we'd ever get back there, and for a long time I was right.  IIRC that game, the Bills neutralized Derrick Thomas and his speed by running right at him.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I was 12!  I didn't think we'd ever get back there, and for a long time I was right.  IIRC that game, the Bills neutralized Derrick Thomas and his speed by running right at him.  

Yeah you really were a kid. I thought of it differently and was really hyped about them after that playoff run. Not really knowing any better, I thought they would be better and bought into all the hype.