Bad Weather?

Weather Factor (multiple choice)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How will bad weather affect the game?

• Chiefs ground game will benefit
    • Bills ground game will benefit
    • Chiefs defense will benefit
    • Bills defense will benefit
    • Chiefs passing game won't be affected
    • Bills passing game won't be affected
    • Weather will benefit the Chiefs
    • Weather will benefit Bills

If it's cold, windy and rainy, which team has the edge?  Personally I think our defense has the edge in bad weather, but it could hurt our passing attack and somewhat negate our speed advantage. Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i was at a game in KC last year vs Denver and Patrick threw the ball all over the field in a snowstorm, he even had a video clip of him saying he can spin it in any weather

I remember that... and I believe it's true.... but if it's windy it'll affect longer throws which is always our bread and butter

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

40's and cloudy ..wet before the game then the wet/wintery weather again goes through KC  after the game..a least that's what the Columbia weather idiots are saying

according to my weather app, it shows a 50% chance of rain, starting early am Sunday. the app stops at sunrise so it's not saying anything about game time

just give me calm... wet and calm is ok... dry and calm is better

Really windy conditions hurt both teams because regardless of how well you spin it, the wind will affect the ball.   Lucky for us we have Kelce and CEH if the game becomes a running and short-throw contest.   I do believe Mahomes is a little more accurate on short throws than Allen.   Should be a great game and I can only hope we do to them what we've done to every other team that the experts say will give us a hard time or make it difficult.....and that is boat race them.

Forecasts from AccuWeather and the National Weather Service call for 40-degree weather and showers during the day, with a chance of rain around kickoff. That rain could turn into sleet as the game progresses and temperatures drop. By the second half, it’s expected to feel like 25 degrees at Arrowhead Stadium with the windchill. If you’re one of the 17,000 or so fans planning on attending, be sure to bundle up and bring a rain poncho.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That rain could turn into sleet as the game progresses and temperatures drop. By the second half, it’s expected to feel like 25 degrees at Arrowhead Stadium with the windchill.

not super cold Arrowhead-wise... but still no conducive to a passing game

1 minute ago, mex said:

not super cold Arrowhead-wise... but still no conducive to a passing game

no real wind to speak of so that'll help but certainly a time for Williams to channel his inner Earl Campbell

Radar shows nothing in Texas, Oklahoma ,Ks or Nebraska

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — WEATHER HEADLINES

• Drizzle ending by noon and may return at the end of the Chief game
  • Winter Storm Warning extreme northwest and north MO and far northeast KS
  • Rain, heavy at times, arrives in KC after 2 AM, mix to heavy snow across northwest MO and northeast KS
  • Rain in KC Monday with several inches of snow about 100 miles north and northwest of KC

KANSAS CITY'S MOST ACCURATE FORECAST

AFC Championship Game Day Sunday: Drizzle ends by noon and may return by the end of the game. Wind: N-NE 5-15 mph. High: 38°, 35 by kickoff

Bills vs. Chiefs Forecast (Kickoff at 5:40pm): Cloudy and colder during the game. A few showers or pockets of drizzle possible during the game with the better chance for widespread and heavier precipitation moving in well after the game. A rain/ice/snow mix is likely late Sunday night in to Monday.