Chiefs bills game day thread.

3 hours ago, mex said:

they sacked rogers 5 times today... TB's DL is outstanding

it's not looking good for us without fish.

It wasn't like Fisher was going all world that first game.   It can be schemed around and those DB's can't cover our guys.   It will be a great game but I look for our D to do a little work in two weeks as well.  Thornhill is coming around and Gay will be back.  Should be a great game.   If Brady throws 3 ints vs us we win going away.

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Makes sense.  Let Pringle return kicks while Hardman focuses on securing the ball before looking for tacklers.  It's just overkill to wish to release Hardman, Toub, and the horses they rode in on at this point. 

I was expecting Hardman to be what DMC couldn't in the long run but he turned out to be a dumber version of DAT with much better speed. I think he'll be a career #4 but still needs to fix a lot of things to actually warrant such a role. 

Toub used to be a star but I don't get why he just brings these guys up so aggressive, the additional few yards aren't worth the risk with Mahomes around and the risks don't seem to be paying off very well in the last couple seasons. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

One thing could make a huge difference.  Teach him to look the ball into his hands before trying to run.  

I agree... but this is the NFL... do we hire a high school coach to work with him on Pop Warner fundamentals? :lol: 

Yeah he fucked up... and I was the first to bitch at him yesterday. But he made up for it in spades.

Let's not forget Hill did the exact same thing one year ago. 

That jet sweep worked (obviously) because his speed in addition to TH's makes it nigh impossible to cover. They need to pretty much double up on both of 'em. Kelce had a phenomenal game yesterday because they had to constantly commit their safeties to help out on MH and TH. \

Leaving LBs to cover the best TE in football.

Hardman makes mistakes just like they all do, but his presence makes this team better.  No doubt about that.

The thing I like best about this team is how they responded to him on the sideline after the fumble. It was all positive and you can tell the team has confidence in him. Andy (as per Andy) didn't give up on him and gave ample opportunity to make up for his mistake. He rewarded that with two great plays that permanently changed the momentum of the game.

1 hour ago, xen said:

All youse bitchin bout Clark:

2 sacks

2 tackles for loss

2 additional qb hits

Set clean edges

All while the ends were obviously tasked with playing contain on Allen (that's why they were always going out wide).

Playoff Shark showed up

And I'm going to continue bitching about him

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and I still hate #17

lol

seriously tho... Frank Clark... 6 sacks on the season. 4 million per sack.  

yeah, yesterday he had 1/3 of his season total... and if that continues in the SB, I'll STFU

Jones at 7.5... 2.6 million per sack

Clark needs to wreck Brady to earn his cap hit

12 minutes ago, mex said:

lol

yeah, yesterday he had 1/3 of his season total... and if that continues in the SB, I'll STFU

yea, I'm wit ya. If he wrecks Brady I'll give him a pass for this year.

Otherwise, Frank, the "Skank" can get gone next year and stop robbing the chiefs of money.

1 hour ago, mex said:

lol

Those boys are gonna need to be careful. Refs will be looking to throw flags. Chris Jones and Brady don’t like each other. Always jawing each other 

People want Clark cut, Hardman cut, Fish cut, Schwartz cut and half the time Dirty Dan cut. Just where are we magically finding quality replacements for all these people while there are 31 other teams looking for the same positions? Can't wait to cut thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Taint Madden 

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

People want Clark cut, Hardman cut, Fish cut, Schwartz cut and half the time Dirty Dan cut. Just where are we magically finding quality replacements for all these people while there are 31 other teams looking for the same positions? Can't wait to cut thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Taint Madden 

lol I hear ya Biggs, but with respect to Clark... we could probably replace 6 sacks over 18 games with a 3rd round pick

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm praying he's had an off year and it comes back around SB and next season. But can't really argue your point. 

Me too... I'll be rooting for him as long as he's in KC... but he's currently tied with 9 guys in 41st place in total sacks.

Yet he's the 7th highest paid player in the league.

1 hour ago, mex said:

lol I hear ya Biggs, but with respect to Clark... we could probably replace 6 sacks over 18 games with a 3rd round pick

We can agree that Clark is overpaid, but there's more to his worth than sacks.  The Chiefs are getting "pressures" at a good rate and that leads to wins as well as sacks do, especially against the young guns in the AFC..  Not trying to defend Clark, but he also has the responsibility of holding the end which makes him stay wide and often run himself out of any sack opportunity.  Against an LJ8, Allen, or any other running type QB that is important.  Bottom line is the results and so far, the Chiefs are beating every one of those guys.  Veach brought in Clark, HB, and Spags in order to make a SB run.  Not all decisions are perfect but one can't argue with what's happened since.  

Couldn't find it but there was a nice piece on why players like Michael Bennett at Seattle are the ones to target in FA. Tying up a lot of money on a single guy doesn't always make everyone else around him much better, instead in a lot of cases it simply takes away the ability to find a decent compliment to the star. 

I think Clark was a beast last year and if he can get back to that he'll be awesome but regardless having multiple players perform at Ogbah level would be much better IMO. The same goes for pretty much everyone on defense as rotation is much more critical than offense. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We can agree that Clark is overpaid, but there's more to his worth than sacks.  The Chiefs are getting "pressures" at a good rate and that leads to wins as well as sacks do, especially against the young guns in the AFC..  Not trying to defend Clark, but he also has the responsibility of holding the end which makes him stay wide and often run himself out of any sack opportunity.  Against an LJ8, Allen, or any other running type QB that is important.  Bottom line is the results and so far, the Chiefs are beating every one of those guys.  Veach brought in Clark, HB, and Spags in order to make a SB run.  Not all decisions are perfect but one can't argue with what's happened since.  

yeah, I get that... he demands attention which takes pressure off the other guys IE jones

but DT demanded attention too... and he killed it

I think Dan Saleaumua had better numbers over the course of his few years with the Chiefs than Clark... and for much less money. 

Personally, I would love to see performance-based salaries.  But that's just me.

11 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Couldn't find it but there was a nice piece on why players like Michael Bennett at Seattle are the ones to target in FA. Tying up a lot of money on a single guy doesn't always make everyone else around him much better, instead in a lot of cases it simply takes away the ability to find a decent compliment to the star. 

I think Clark was a beast last year and if he can get back to that he'll be awesome but regardless having multiple players perform at Ogbah level would be much better IMO. The same goes for pretty much everyone on defense as rotation is much more critical than offense. 

Except HB.  He's worth every penny the Chiefs give him.  No HB, no SB. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Except HB.  He's worth every penny the Chiefs give him.  No HB, no SB. 

HB is simply one of those guys that makes people around him much better. He definitely deserves every penny and hasn't been an occasional performer unlike our trench guys. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Excellent point.

38 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

HB and Thornhill coming back into form is beautiful to watch. I know breeland can make some dumb mistakes at times, but it will be tough to watch him leave this off season 

Thornhill was excellent yesterday, and it seems like he's back into his groove

just in time I might add