We Goin Superbowl

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

I am not sold on Tua. Herbert and Burrow have much higher looking ceilings than Tua. Watson is almost on a Phillip Rivers trajectory.

How good would Watkins be if he had Reid for a head coach and had weapons like Hill, Kelce, and Watkins who didn't get traded to AZ?  No way would I trade Mahomes for him, but he's looked pretty good with a crappy situation.  

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Curious about everyone's reactions last night vs last year when upon realizing we're going to the Big Game. 

1.  Kind of expected it and during the game, everyone with us (nearly all Chiefs fans) felt the game was in hand after the first Chiefs' TD.

2. Less concerned about the SB.  Last year I felt that the Chiefs needed to take advantage of the opportunity.  This year we want a win, but getting the first of the Mahommes era was bigger. 

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Curious about everyone's reactions last night vs last year when upon realizing we're going to the Big Game. 

I was dreading yesterday a little bit.  Intellectually I liked our chances against Buffalo, but still was worried about the upset.  Also thought Green Bay would win, and I wasn't looking forward to facing them.

I'm more confident against TB.  Not taking it for granted, but we know how we match up against them.  In a weird way, I'm just enjoying the fact that we'll be there more than last year.  Last year, I only cared if we won or lost.  This year, we've broken the curse and while I obviously want to win just as much, 50 years of history isn't riding on it.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

but still was worried about the upset

I'm always worried about the upset... because I've been a fan since the late 60's

yesterday was no different esp after MH's fumble

one thing I'm finally coming to grips with, is that this team is NEVER out of a game as long as PM is under center

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Mahomes, Allen, LJ8, Mayfield, Herbert, Watson,  Burrows, Tua, and soon to be Lawrence.  Has there ever been a time when one conference has so many young QBs with possible elite talent?  It's a great time to be a football fan and we're lucky that the Chiefs have the best of the lot. 

Whats great is when these other teams have to match Pats contract and eat up all the cap space!

Just now, Balto said:

Whats great is when these other teams have to match Pats contract and eat up all the cap space!

LJ8 wont sniff a Patrick contract and neither will Mayfield..too early to put Burrows, Tua, Lawerence in that conversation

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

How good would Watkins be if he had Reid for a head coach and had weapons like Hill, Kelce, and Watkins who didn't get traded to AZ?  No way would I trade Mahomes for him, but he's looked pretty good with a crappy situation.  

Deshaun is the qb I’d want if mahomes didn’t exist and it’s not close for me.

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Was not nearly as nervous as last year.  It just had an air of inevitability once I saw how Spags was calling the game.  Some of those disguised coverages were perfect.  

Gonna need it again against all those weapons. And their line is playing really good. This one is gonna take a perfect game.

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

LJ8 wont sniff a Patrick contract and neither will Mayfield..too early to put Burrows, Tua, Lawerence in that conversation

Maybe but its inevitable they get close and that will have an adverse effect on their ability to put pieces around them.    

42 minutes ago, xen said:

Was not nearly as nervous as last year.  It just had an air of inevitability once I saw how Spags was calling the game.  Some of those disguised coverages were perfect.  

and the GOAT didn't look too good in the 2nd half of that NFC game... I think we will have his number

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Last season was more emotional for me watching them get presented with the Lamar Hunt trophy after all these years rooting for them. 

Leading up to the game was definitely more nerve-racking. I was really worried about the 49ners and wasn't sure what was going to happen. I'm a little nervous about having to face Brady again, but not like last season. 

Honestly I thought we were going to own Buffalo as we did, just needed to see it officially. Will confess the Hardman fumble gave me that oh shit moment. Was happy, not not near as emotional we were going back. 

Thought GB was a bigger threat than TB. However, TB pass rush has heated and our backup OL will make it difficult.  Brady is still good, but don't think he can handle a shootout without throwing 2 to 3 picks which will help seal the game for us. 

We’re still over a week away before the Kansas City Chiefs take the field in Super Bowl LV and there is promising news regarding two injuries Kansas City has dealt with throughout the playoffs.

According to a report from ESPN’s Dianna Russini, Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins and RB Le’Veon Bell are both expected to be ready to play in the Super Bowl. Watkins missed both the divisional-round game against the Cleveland Browns and the AFC title game against the Buffalo Bills. Bell was only absent from the Bills game this past Sunday.

Watkins has been dealing with a calf injury that he suffered during practice back in Week 11. It came on the heels of a hamstring injury that Watkins was recovering from and kept him out an extra week. He reaggravated the injury in Week 16 against the Atlanta Falcons and has been out ever since. Bell is dealing with swelling in his knee that popped up during the past week of practice. He missed the final two days of practice ahead of the AFC title game and was subsequently ruled out.

Getting Watkins back on the field is a big deal for the Chiefs. He’s earned the nickname of “Playoff Sammy” because of his performances in each of the past two postseasons for Kansas City. Watkins has combined for 24 catches for 464 yards and one touchdown in five postseason appearances with the Chiefs. When teams try and take away Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, it’s always Watkins who has come up big. His heroics in Super Bowl LIV stand out, like his play against Richard Sherman on a long catch late in the fourth quarter. It helped Kansas City to a comeback win and their first Super Bowl title in 50 seasons.

In addition to the news on Watkins and Bell, Russini reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers expect to get back Antonio Brown and Antoine Winfield, who both missed the NFC title game with injuries.