We Goin Superbowl

On 1/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, Lamardirts said:

All this talk about running two TE in KC is a little silly because unless you have Kelce 2.0 its better to find a wr with better wiggle and ability to generate seperation, but the Ravens are the perfect team for that.   Their run first mentality makes it an advantage and yes if they had Waller they would be a nightmare even with LJ throwing the rock.   I look for the Ravens to invest in a top end wr similar to how the Bills did it to help LJ out.

If I were KC, I would be looking to get Kelce's understudy now. 8th year in the league (only played one game in 2013)

Not sure a number 1 WR is the answer. Salary cap might prevent it also.

Speaking of Kelce, found this nugget:

Travis Kelce’s contract extension sucks for the superstar tight end. Kelce will be 33 when the new deal takes effect and will only earn $7.5 million in the first year. In the second year of the deal the 34-year-old Kelce is scheduled to earn $13.25 million, then $15 million, then $17.25 million at 36 years old.

See an issue with any of those numbers?

Kelce was only guaranteed $20.75 million and after 2022 (when the new contract starts) he can be cut without the Chiefs having any dead money on the cap. In short- Travis Kelce is unlikely to see ANY of his non-guaranteed money given his age and the structure of the contract.

So why did Travis Kelce, or more specifically his agent agree to such a deal? According to an agent who would know, Kelce wanted an extension with the Chiefs and was growing impatient with his agent’s lack of progress in the negotiations. The agency was worried that Kelce would fire them if a deal wasn’t done soon. Under this pressure, worried about his own paycheck, the agent essentially took the deal that the team offered without much negotiation.

As a result, Travis Kelce likely missed out on tens of millions of dollars.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/28/22254545/senior-bowl-diary-day-3-texans-executive-jack-easterby-is-unhinged

Maybe I'm looking through Pantone 186C-colored glasses but it seems to me that we will get some legitimately team-friendly deals especially for guys already here.  Patrick, Tyreek, Kelce, Jones --- all of them took big, fair-market deals but all could be considered team-friendly in some respect.  None really broke the bank in new or novel ways, except for Patrick's in terms of the length and total money, but it still provides flexibility moving forward.

19 minutes ago, DieHard said:

These guys are smart for taking good but not great money. Trying to break the bank means leaving. I don’t think any body want to do that. 
Doing that is probably a big part of Brady’s success. 

Patrick, Kelce and Hill just need to open a fitness center in KC and have the Chiefs contract with them for MILLIONS just like Brady did with the Patriots all those years.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Speaking of Kelce, found this nugget:

Travis Kelce’s contract extension sucks for the superstar tight end. Kelce will be 33 when the new deal takes effect and will only earn $7.5 million in the first year. In the second year of the deal the 34-year-old Kelce is scheduled to earn $13.25 million, then $15 million, then $17.25 million at 36 years old.

See an issue with any of those numbers?

Kelce was only guaranteed $20.75 million and after 2022 (when the new contract starts) he can be cut without the Chiefs having any dead money on the cap. In short- Travis Kelce is unlikely to see ANY of his non-guaranteed money given his age and the structure of the contract.

So why did Travis Kelce, or more specifically his agent agree to such a deal? According to an agent who would know, Kelce wanted an extension with the Chiefs and was growing impatient with his agent’s lack of progress in the negotiations. The agency was worried that Kelce would fire them if a deal wasn’t done soon. Under this pressure, worried about his own paycheck, the agent essentially took the deal that the team offered without much negotiation.

As a result, Travis Kelce likely missed out on tens of millions of dollars.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/28/22254545/senior-bowl-diary-day-3-texans-executive-jack-easterby-is-unhinged

So if TK is 31 right now, he's 32 during the '21 season... which means the 7.5 mil contract year would be '22. 

If I were in charge of the front office, I'd keep the contract as-is but offer him big time performance-based bonus incentives. We want to keep TK motivated to perform for a few more years. Plus, I'd say they owe it to him.

Seems like Gronk should be much older... but he's just a little less than 5 months older than TK.  

1 minute ago, mex said:

So if TK is 31 right now, he's 32 during the '21 season... which means the 7.5 mil contract year would be '22. 

If I were in charge of the front office, I'd keep the contract as-is but offer him big time performance-based bonus incentives. We want to keep TK motivated to perform for a few more years. Plus, I'd say they owe it to him.

Seems like Gronk should be much older... but he's just a little less than 5 months older than TK.  

you know I thought the same thing until recently but in reflection I think much of it was that Gronk had the media licking his ass because of BB & TB and the SB's. You give Travis Mahomes for his entire career..wowzers

5 hours ago, Balto said:

Patrick, Kelce and Hill just need to open a fitness center in KC and have the Chiefs contract with them for MILLIONS just like Brady did with the Patriots all those years.

I didn’t know he did that. Surprised they didn’t get caught.

12 hours ago, DieHard said:

I didn’t know he did that. Surprised they didn’t get caught.

I think they're referring to TB12 which is Brady’s health, fitness, therapy, diet, whatever place in the shopping center around the staduum.  Lots of players go there and for a while the team was paying Brady’s business partner for therapy services.  But as far as we know they didn't invest in the place.  Wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort if understanding between brady and kraft for some sort of deal after football for brady.