Two Weeks Rest...

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

I bet Watkins is still out. Hope Sneed is good to return. That dude is necessary to shutting down one of the TB dudes. Bell probably returns but is third string.

I'd love to see Gay return... he's better in coverage

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m just gonna say it, with a pass dominant league, kc has the deepest and best secondary in the league.. period. 

And to think last 2 years many, me included were screaming for corners early in the draft.

26 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m just gonna say it, with a pass dominant league, kc has the deepest and best secondary in the league.. period. 

Coaching and drafting well has been huge. Bob Sutton going away also helped. I am more impressed just from the fact that the weak pass rush doesn’t hurt them as much as it should. We’ve also not exactly faced bad QBs most of the year.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Coaching and drafting well has been huge. Bob Sutton going away also helped. I am more impressed just from the fact that the weak pass rush doesn’t hurt them as much as it should. We’ve also not exactly faced bad QBs most of the year.

Good point...it is a testament to the DBs.  

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

And to think last 2 years many, me included were screaming for corners early in the draft.

Well, they got one last year.  It just on the first two days.  They'll need another if Breeland signs elsewhere and Ward should be replaced IMHO.  Baker might help nest season.

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Watkins who? I was really glad we restructured him thinking he was a big piece of what we do. We've proven he's unnecessary and worth no more than a vet minimum.  Great luxury when he actually plays, which isn't much. 

I'd like to see him play in the SB.  The Chiefs are just a better team with Watkins backing up Hill and Kelce.  Did anyone count the targets to Robinson?  Yeah, he wasn't a factor at all.  Guess Pringle has been promoted to #3. 

Gay would be a huge upgrade if he gets on the field so hopefully he returns. Sneed is obviously very critical. I don't care about the rest that much, the healthier we are the better but I prefer to focus my entire hope capabilities on the two guys that are difference makers on the field. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Pringle looks fantastic. Best ability, is availability 

Because he has done so much in Watkins absence.   I’m not saying I love Watkins but Pringle isn’t shaking Richard Sherman for a clinching catch.   Availability is important but this is the SB and Sammy helps this offense far more than Pringle in clutch games.

58 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Because he has done so much in Watkins absence.   I’m not saying I love Watkins but Pringle isn’t shaking Richard Sherman for a clinching catch.   Availability is important but this is the SB and Sammy helps this offense far more than Pringle in clutch games.

You have to keep Pringle's blocking ability in mind as well. He's a tougher guy out in the open field. Solid receiver as well but obviously not at Watkins' level against top CBs, still availability is more critical than hopes and dreams.

I think the biggest issue Pringle faced this year was the love for Robinson getting him the snaps over anyone else. Pringle really had the extended workload a couple times in his career and did really well in those situations but obviously SB is a different beast.