What to do with Fisher?

40 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

being that Trent Williams was at $12M this year and at an injured 32 yo ..hard pressed to see him getting that or any more  unless a team is desperate. Chiefs aren't desperate

I think we might be

14 minutes ago, Balto said:

I think we might be

It's possible because I can't the Chiefs rolling into 2021 with two rookie bookends.   On a one year deal it would be nice to have a stud LT...but knowing our luck with injuries he would end up having an injury like Osemele.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I think we I might be

FIFY

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

It's possible because I can't the Chiefs rolling into 2021 with two rookie bookends.   On a one year deal it would be nice to have a stud LT...but knowing our luck with injuries he would end up having an injury like Osemele.

I'm not big on EF  and I'm not whoopdee doo on PFF either but  some might consider EF a "Stud LT" 

Eric Fisher played 1048 offensive snaps this season, and allowed just three sacks all year. Fisher was only penalized three times in 2020. Eric Fisher graded out as one of the best offensive tackles in football this year, according to Pro Football Focus. A 80.0 overall grade and strong pass (76.2) and run (72.7) blocking grades

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

FIFY

I'm not big on EF  and I'm not whoopdee doo on PFF either but  some might consider EF a "Stud LT" 

Eric Fisher played 1048 offensive snaps this season, and allowed just three sacks all year. Fisher was only penalized three times in 2020. Eric Fisher graded out as one of the best offensive tackles in football this year, according to Pro Football Focus. A 80.0 overall grade and strong pass (76.2) and run (72.7) blocking grades

EXACTLY

21 minutes ago, Balto said:

Trent Williams was the highest rated OT in the NFL this past season at about 90 overall grade.  MUCH MUCH better than Fisher

Trent Williams:

Pass Blocking 84.8

Run Blocking 91.8

Overall 91.9

its evident you dont get the point.. and your too tunnel versioned to try and explain..not to mention I hate to take away any more time from your job trying to

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

its evident you dont get the point.. and your too tunnel versioned to try and explain..not to mention I hate to take away any more time from your job trying to

Nah I get you don't give PFF much credibility and that's understandable but even Fisher's PFF numbers are not that great overall.  More middle of the road kinda guy.

My tunnel vision is pretty simple to explain....We should be able to sign a much better Left Tackle in Williams for what Fisher would cost us next season SO why not try and sign Williams?  Doesn't seem hard to understand

Oh and thank you for worrying about my job.  I'd also hate to take to much of your time and you miss your nurse coming by to change your depends.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I can. If its a rd 1 guy, I dont see any reason why a rookie couldn't be our day 1 LT. 

Prince Tega-Wanoga was released from the practice squad.  

There goes that idea for next year unless he signs a futures contract. 

I really hate that we cut a potential guy like this to make room but keep guys like kemp, Deiter, and Witzmann. 

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I really hate that we cut a potential guy like this to make room but keep guys like kemp, Deiter, and Witzmann. 

or maybe bring in Britt?

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

What the fuck? Damn this pisses me off. Dude seems like he could be a valuable piece down the road. Swing tackle if not more.

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I dont know I'm guessing but I am sure Andy and Co  would value your opinion.. get back with us after he responds to you

30 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Ok. I see you just want to be childish.  You may move on.  

Today's reading recommendation less than 2 bucks on Google play store:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8D5QF55UNGcr14_bLs

43 minutes ago, xen said:

Today's reading recommendation less than 2 bucks on Google play store:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8D5QF55UNGcr14_bLs

Does this book come with Reid number? 

Apparently some old man doesn't think you can voice opinions about the team on a message board, without the butt hurt coming from him.  Probably just could be the hemorrhoids i guess? 

I hope no one miss understood my OP.  I like Fisher and have stated many times that he would be back because he is good and that is good enough for this team.  My question was the longevity or lack thereof of the his contract and the time table of his injury.    It’s a double whammy because it creates a hole next year and more importantly it create issues for the Super Bowl.  

At this point is there any other option but to cut him?  Or do you extend him a year and make next year the 3.5 million it’s already gonna cost you to cut him and pay him in 2022 what he would have made this year?   Seems like it would be more classy that way. 

I think someone like Alex Leatherwood could hold down LT for a year.   Truth be told, upgrading center and one guard spot then allowing Allegretti/LDT/Rankins to fight for the other spot and depth.  

Hate the injury for Fisher.   He took a lot of crap early on and made something out of his career!

16 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I saw you posted something similar yesterday. I have no idea why you think he wont ever play again. The Rams left tackle is almost 40 and tore his MCL and PCL in November. He started the playoff game against Seattle. Jared Veldheer started playoff games for 2 different (Fact check it) teams this year at 33.

Do I think we may release both for cap reasons? Absolutely. Clears almost 18 mill. Do I think their careers are over? No. 

I think OT just went straight to the top of our list of needs. And fortunately for us, it's a very deep LT class. 

Deep yes. I think a guy that was talked about fringe 1st rounder last year will slide to the 2nd round or be there end of first in Alaric Jackson. And I quoted you because I know you like my Iowa predictions. 

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Deep yes. I think a guy that was talked about fringe 1st rounder last year will slide to the 2nd round or be there end of first in Alaric Jackson. And I quoted you because I know you like my Iowa predictions. 

I'll be honest Kyle, I can't find a single big board anywhere that even has him listed in the top 100 prospects. I looked at 7 or 8 yesterday.