What to do with Fisher?

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

With a $500 million QB, you don’t trade your only all pro lineman. Especially if he is a LT. Not an option. 

That’s oversimplifying the situation.  The reality is he’s on the backside of his career, coming off of a major injury, and moving him saves a substantial amount of money against the cap.  

14 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That’s oversimplifying the situation.  The reality is he’s on the backside of his career, coming off of a major injury, and moving him saves a substantial amount of money against the cap.  

Exactly, i have no confidence a slightly above average tackle coming off a major injury will perform better than a 1st through 3rd round pick, or free agent of similar talent level. The fact there would be a cap savings would be a bonus.

20 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Fair point. Just butt hurt at the prospect of losing both Swartz and Fish. Let me dream they will both be back. 😁

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

This is normally true but on t last year of his deal in which he won’t play much of it and he is a cut candidate it is an option.  But he doesn’t have trade value so you are right that it’s not an option.   

you dont know that..or better yet define "much of it"

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if the estimations were specific for Fisher's case but wasn't the info on him returning by the TC? That's basically when a veteran lineman starts practicing so I think the front-office still has a chance to make their own decision based on performance. 

That was someone's time table but if its an achilles tear it could easily be closer to a year.   Everything I found on the recovery time was 10-11 months but somewhere someone said he could be back by TC.  Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

Spencer brown looked pretty good in the senior bowl yesterday.  He is a 6'8" 314 lb tackle from Northern Iowa.  

Could be had in the second round

Liked the David Moore kid from Grambling as well.  There are some promising lineman in the mid rounds.  Glad this draft is loaded!