Reference for the Younger Crowd....

35 minutes ago, qnet said:

Ha ha!  That's a good message. I'm happy for the young fans. 

I'm in the middle, not old enough to remember the Hank Stram led Chiefs,  but really enjoying this Chiefs team after so much heartache in past years.

I'm with you. Was always wondering if we would get a franchise qb that we drafted and not on his last leg.

1 hour ago, West said:

The Chiefs you have been watching for the past 3 years.....are just like the Chiefs of the Mid to late 60's....what many here grew up with.

Welcome to the fish-line, you are hooked for life.

w

gonna be hard for ben davidson to spear us again...

We weren't as dominant back then as we are now!  I can still remember Super Bowl iv. In that one specific game, we were as great as we ever were. Everything came together during that run to the Super Bowl.  We were dang good then, but look at our current three year record versus 69,70,71 records.  Much more consistently elite currently than we were back then!

36 minutes ago, Golfprohawk said:

We weren't as dominant back then as we are now!  I can still remember Super Bowl iv. In that one specific game, we were as great as we ever were. Everything came together during that run to the Super Bowl.  We were dang good then, but look at our current three year record versus 69,70,71 records.  Much more consistently elite currently than we were back then!

the Raiders were much better team  so that hurt us and the Chargers were no slouch either.. I'd say the AFLWest was a much more competitive division as  compared to now.

2 hours ago, West said:

Couple of new jack asses were trying last night......That "off setting Penalties" nonsense at the end of the game stirred up the Ben Davidson memories.

w

I still can't figure out how 3 buffalo PFs are offset by 1 KC PF. 

But I was never good at math

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

the Raiders were much better team  so that hurt us and the Chargers were no slouch either.. I'd say the AFLWest was a much more competitive division as  compared to now.

if the donks land stafford, it'll be more competitive next year

hoping SF gets him

2 hours ago, mex said:

I still can't figure out how 3 buffalo PFs are offset by 1 KC PF. 

But I was never good at math

Mike Pereira on Sirius explained it well.

He said if both teams commit a penalty, no matter the amount committed by each side, they offset. He said that to try and sort it all out, would make things too complicated, and waste a lot of time.  

He did allude to what happened to the Chiefs being unfair, but said it was a rare occurrence; and it was simpler to sort out by offsetting the fowls.

Edit:

On the subject, OT makes a good point on the competition level in the  AFL west in the 60's.  The Raiders were borderline legendary, if you watch NFL films.

39 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It went front, the we can’t score but our D dominates Marty years to the we score at will but can’t get a stop in the DV years, to this. Slags was the perfect hire. Hurts that they waited but Spags was worth the wait. 

both the marty and DV years were excruciating

because we were so close

the worst playoff losses... with Marty it was at buff

with DV it was home vs indy

10 hours ago, West said:

The Chiefs you have been watching for the past 3 years.....are just like the Chiefs of the Mid to late 60's....what many here grew up with.

Welcome to the fish-line, you are hooked for life.

w

Living in AZ we didn't get a lot of coverage of the Chiefs way back in the 70s. I'd crunch the sports page the next morning and wait for Howard Cosell MNF halftime highlights.