Frank Clark is the all time Chiefs postseason Sack leader

1 hour ago, xen said:

Uh oh, it gets worse for the Clark deniers.  

All time postseason Chiefs Sack records:

1. 7.0 Frank Clark (5 games) 2019-20

2t. 6.5 Derrick Thomas (10 games) 1989-99

6.5 Neil Smith (9 games) 1988-96

4. 5.0 Aaron Brown (6 games) 1966-72

5. 4.0 Justin Houston (7 games) 2011-19

Yep. I remember guys complaining Ford was a one trick pony cause he could not defend the run. Clark is a complete player. Sacks are not the only measure. Is he over paid? Yes. Most guys are on their second contract. 

..its not so misleading that he is the leader in less games......1/2 as many as DT- that's crazy!

Clark works his ass off....the guy just keeps coming.

Geez, this is a tough crowd......

IMO,

Clark, Honey badger and Jones will all be in the Ring of Honor.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Honey Badger will be in the HOF when it's all said and done...

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

well this is a bit misleading since Clark is playing with mahomes and majority of the time we have a lead. Hope he balls out in a few weeks.

Clark was here this year and last year.  Most of those games we played from way behind and most of our opponents were big time running teams. 

6 minutes ago, West said:

..its not so misleading that he is the leader in less games......1/2 as many as DT- that's crazy!

Clark works his ass off....the guy just keeps coming.

Geez, this is a tough crowd......

IMO,

Clark, Honey badger and Jones will all be in the Ring of Honor.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Honey Badger will be in the HOF when it's all said and done...

Jones may have an interesting HOF case as well when he's done.

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

There's no way to know for sure, but personally I believe that we would be on a 51 year Super Bowl drought without Clark.  And I believe that in a couple weeks he will have been a huge part of our winning 2 in a row, something I never thought I'd see.  

Agree with the first part. In fact I posted as much after the SB last year. IIRC I complimented his non-stop motor, and for helping ice the SB on the 4th down sack.

I mean Jeezus... why is everyone so fucking sensitive about Clark?!? We have people on this very board calling offensive lineman 'dog shit,' others who refuse to give Sorensen his due, and let's not even go there with Neiman or Hardman.  

Clark is not above criticism... he SHOULD be scrutinized... he's the fucking 7th highest paid player in the league, on a team with very little cap space.

And for those who insist sacks aren't important... you're just wrong. He's paid to match his production in Seattle. Which he ain't anywhere near.

We need sacks. Especially in Tampa. We have two hall of fame QBs going at it. One of them has a healthy OL, with all starters available. 

If we don't get Brady on the ground, it's gonna be a long night. With our depleted reserves on the OL, we need to make sure #12  has to deal with the thought of being face down on the turf, again and again.  Because we all know... deep down... PM could be running for his life out there.

We need sacks, and Clark needs to earn his paycheck with one game left.

He does that, I'll happily acknowledge his value to the team. Like I did last year. 

21 minutes ago, mex said:

Agree with the first part. In fact I posted as much after the SB last year. IIRC I complimented his non-stop motor, and for helping ice the SB on the 4th down sack.

I mean Jeezus... why is everyone so fucking sensitive about Clark?!? We have people on this very board calling offensive lineman 'dog shit,' others who refuse to give Sorensen his due, and let's not even go there with Neiman or Hardman.  

Clark is not above criticism... he SHOULD be scrutinized... he's the fucking 7th highest paid player in the league, on a team with very little cap space.

And for those who insist sacks aren't important... you're just wrong. He's paid to match his production in Seattle. Which he ain't anywhere near.

We need sacks. Especially in Tampa. We have two hall of fame QBs going at it. One of them has a healthy OL, with all starters available. 

If we don't get Brady on the ground, it's gonna be a long night. With our depleted reserves on the OL, we need to make sure #12  has to deal with the thought of being face down on the turf, again and again.  Because we all know... deep down... PM could be running for his life out there.

He does that, I'll happily acknowledge his value to the team. Like I did last year. 

I'm not sensitive about it Clark.  I'm just saying that I think he turns it on when it needs turned on.  And you're right.  It needs turned on in  a couple weeks. 

• First the first time this year I felt that he was way overpaid and not producing enough to warrant half his contract.   4 sacks when your paid like the top 3-4 DE's in the league is brutal.   I love the way he plays the run and he is a complete DE but those sacks and lack of regualr season pressures are hard to swallow.   Again, I only started feeling that way this year.    I love how he has balled out in the playoffs and that alone makes his contract worth it.   The one area that gets over looked in all of this is his attitude.  He along with HB changed the culture here and that cannot be overstated.   
  • I felt, before Fisher went down with an 11 month injury, that DE was the most important position could elevate our D to top 5 status.  Clark is a great overall player but he needs a running mate opposite side.  (Yes I know we need line help but in reality, before Fisher, drafting a center, getting Niang, LDT, Rankins, Allegretti and Fisher back would be enough of an upgrade).   Obviously now LT is the most important position.   Clark needs a running mate opposite him that can generate some pressure so they can feed off each other.

At this point, I just hope he shows out in the SB. Watching Skip & Shannon is becoming frustrating again and I can barley tolerate Bayless. He's manufacturing perceived disrespect from the Chiefs concerning Brady. 

The talk doesn't matter, he just needs to do it.   

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sensitive about it Clark.  I'm just saying that I think he turns it on when it needs turned on.  And you're right.  It needs turned on in  a couple weeks. 

Oh, I wasn't referring to you being sensitive. Just everyone who's defending his 6 sacks this season.  Sorry, but he's paid for double digit sacks.  

xen has a good point about playoff production. last year he earned his bread and butter, esp in the SB

all I'm saying is... LET'S SEE IT IN TAMPA

34 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I will say that sacks or no sacks, Clark and Jones seem to add some swagger to the defense that Niemann and Sorenson do not.  I hope that's not racist

WTF? Neiman and Sorensen make 4.3 mil combined Jones/Clark make just shy of 10 times that 

I will say that TDs or no TDs, Patrick Mahomes adds swagger to this team that Jones and Clark do not... :lol:  :lol: 

2 hours ago, mex said:

Of course Clark is not above criticism.  At this point he is what he is though... a good all around end and a streaky pass rusher who seems to always show up when we need him the most, in the playoffs.  

Is he overpaid for that role?

Probably.  

But I would argue sacks don't matter as much as long as you're getting pressures.

I would also argue that Clark has very specific assignments in this defense and getting sacks is not always job one for what spags asks out of Clark.

50 minutes ago, mex said:

WTF? Neiman and Sorensen make 4.3 mil combined Jones/Clark make just shy of 10 times that 

I will say that TDs or no TDs, Patrick Mahomes adds swagger to this team that Jones and Clark do not... :lol:  :lol: 

Mahomes is actually a good example.  Alex Smith last year here. 4000 yards. 26 td 5 interceptions.  Passer rating 105.  Last year mahomes.  4000 yards. 26 td 5 interceptions. 105 passer rating.  Identical stats.  1 has intangibles that the other does not.  Thats how i see clark but to a lesser degree obviously. Like mahomes he has some swagger that the team feeds off.