Frank Clark is the all time Chiefs postseason Sack leader

1 hour ago, xen said:

Of course Clark is not above criticism.  At this point he is what he is though... a good all around end and a streaky pass rusher who seems to always show up when we need him the most, in the playoffs.  

Is he overpaid for that role?

Probably.  

But I would argue sacks don't matter as much as long as you're getting pressures.

I would also argue that Clark has very specific assignments in this defense and getting sacks is not always job one for what spags asks out of Clark.

Fair enough. But sacks win games.  Pressures don't (necessarily) especially when you have a good QB.

Buff pressured Mahomes quite a bit... one time he was wrapped and spinning, and still completed one to TK for a 1st down.  Now, I'll give you there ain't many Mahomeses... and Brady ain't as mobile these days... but he's still got the ability to burn you if given enough time.

Of course the DEs have other jobs... especially on teams like CLE with strong running games. Gotta set that edge and force the play inside. We've actually done pretty well against the run this season... so kudos to the DL on that... especially Pennel.

but I'm not sure that isn't because we usually get out to big leads, and force teams to abandon the ground game.

Let's hope FC has lots of pressures and 3 sacks. If so, I'll buy you some beer. If not you'll buy me something from OK that I can't get. Deal?

4 minutes ago, mex said:

Fair enough. But sacks win games.  Pressures don't (necessarily) especially when you have a good QB.

Buff pressured Mahomes quite a bit... one time he was wrapped and spinning, and still completed one to TK for a 1st down.  Now, I'll give you there ain't many Mahomeses... and Brady ain't as mobile these days... but he's still got the ability to burn you if given enough time.

Of course the DEs have other jobs... especially on teams like CLE with strong running games. Gotta set that edge and force the play inside. We've actually done pretty well against the run this season... so kudos to the DL on that... especially Pennel.

but I'm not sure that isn't because we usually get out to big leads, and force teams to abandon the ground game.

Let's hope FC has lots of pressures and 3 sacks. If so, I'll buy you some beer. If not you'll buy me something from OK that I can't get. Deal?

Brady sucka with pressures this year. If sacks come great,  but he needs to be pressured a lot and make some bad throws 

57 minutes ago, mex said:

WRONG  Pressure is as important.

1 hour ago, mex said:

3 sacks and a lot of pressures?  Methinks the deck is stacked in that bet.

Brady is a statue and does not deal with pressure well.

How about 1 sack and 4 pressures?

8 hours ago, qnet said:

At this point, I just hope he shows out in the SB. Watching Skip & Shannon is becoming frustrating again and I can barley tolerate Bayless. He's manufacturing perceived disrespect from the Chiefs concerning Brady. 

The talk doesn't matter, he just needs to do it.   

Gawdalmighty, why would you subject yourself to something like that?

Just go slam your hand in your car door a few times and be done with it.  It will be quicker, and probably much less painful than watching those two clowns.

7 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Mahomes is actually a good example.  Alex Smith last year here. 4000 yards. 26 td 5 interceptions.  Passer rating 105.  Last year mahomes.  4000 yards. 26 td 5 interceptions. 105 passer rating.  Identical stats.  1 has intangibles that the other does not.  Thats how i see clark but to a lesser degree obviously. Like mahomes he has some swagger that the team feeds off. 

That and 2 total missed games and a couple games at 60%.  But I understand what your getting at.