Chiefs Bucs super bowl predictions and keys.

Let's play this through in our heads.

If everything goes right for TB, it looks something like the first 3 quarters of last year's Super Bowl.

If everything goes right for KC, it looks something like the first 3 quarters of the game the teams played earlier this year.

I wonder who won both games?

Not impossible that we lose.  The TB line vs. our OL is a specific matchup problem for us.  But big picture I think the media is talking this into being closer than it is.  We're the better team, we've been the better team over the balance of the season and we proved it in Week 12.

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

If everything goes right for TB, it looks something like the first 3 quarters of last year's Super Bowl.

If everything goes right for KC, it looks something like the first 3 quarters of the game the teams played earlier this year.

Not impossible that we lose.  The TB line vs. our OL is a specific matchup problem for us.  But big picture I think the media is talking this into being closer than it is.  We're the better team, we've been the better team over the balance of the season and we proved it in Week 12.

Bucs are the underdogs no doubt about it but it's impossible to predict the SB. A single player can always doom a team or a couple plays could change the whole outcome. However I still feel much more comfortable this time around as opposed to last year. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Bucs are the underdogs no doubt about it but it's impossible to predict the SB. A single player can always doom a team or a couple plays could change the whole outcome. However I still feel much more comfortable this time around as opposed to last year. 

I also feel more relaxed about this game, but some of that is probably because the Chiefs won last year and the drought is over. 

Bucs jumped offside a bunch in the 1st meeting. Expect Mahomes to use his excellence Cadence to keep them off balance. Reid will run options and attack the DEs on the edge. They'll leave them out to dry by not even blocking them. That will get in their head when they pass rush. Chiefs will put up at least 30+.

On D, don't let Brady get comfy in the pocket need a constant rush from the middle. Okafor could be a key to this game he's healthy and been playing better. Clark, Jones, HB are all lit and ready. Secondary will be stout, and they'll try to limit Fournette. I think we get enough hits on Brady to limit big plays.

Chiefs 34

Bucs 24

19 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Yup.  The only way TB wins this game is if the Chiefs beat themselves.  

21 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

On D, don't let Brady get comfy in the pocket need a constant rush from the middle. Okafor could be a key to this game he's healthy and been playing better. Clark, Jones, HB are all lit and ready. Secondary will be stout, and they'll try to limit Fournette. I think we get enough hits on Brady to limit big plays.

This. We stifle their run game, we win. If they are 3rd and short routinely, gonna be a long night. Our DL needs to stop the run, like they have all season. KPass, Nnads, Okafor, Pennel 

and Clark and Jones obviously

the latter two need to maintain pressure and keep brady from finding his rhythm  

time for clark to STEP UP

Nope.  Run game doesn't matter that much.  Remember how they said the run game of the [Texans / Titans / 49ers / Browns] was going to beat us in the playoffs?  It can slow us down a little, but the only time that game plan has actually beat us was the Colts / Titans mini losing streak when Mahomes kept aggravating his ankle and the OL was in shambles.

Throwing out the meaningless Chargers season finale, we're on a 25-1 streak where the only game we lost was when Mahomes was running for his life, Carr came out of nowhere to connect on multiple deep bombs, and we had 1-2 TDs called back on questionable penalties.  And we still scored 32 points and had a chance to tie if we'd made one more stop (the only way in which the run defense really did burn us).

And that's how we could lose this game.  If Mahomes is being consistently pressured AND Tampa Bay's passing offense really gets going.  If it's only one or the other I still like our chances a lot.

Getting the monkey off the back last year was huge, but the ramifications of this game are huge.  Win and Mahomes is well on his way to being the Goat, we field a top 10 all time team, and gives us the chance to win 3 in a row and go down as the best ever.

I will say that I like leaving Wylie on the interior and keeping continuity there.   That inside push scares me just as much as those edges.   Plus Suh is a dirty player and I don’t want him taking cheap shots on Mahomes.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Run game doesn't matter that much.

respectfully disagree

stopping their run game certainly does matter

all those games you referenced, (maybe with the exception of SF) we stopped the run long enough for Patrick to get us out to a lead, forcing them to throw more

and if you're honest with yourself, halfway through the 4th quarter of the SB we were all pretty nervous, and it took a miracle comeback

the reason it was close, was because SF ran the ball well

bottom line, any team we play won't be forced to throw unless we first stop the run

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

It’s about time for a good old fashioned 1990s style Super Bowl blowout. 

Chiefs 55 - 24 

Harkens back to Elway jumping out to a 10-0 lead over Washington... and then Williams & Co scoring 55 straight for the W

it was so sweet watching ol' horseface get curb stomped... :lol: 

25 minutes ago, mex said:

respectfully disagree

all those games you referenced, (maybe with the exception of SF) we stopped the run long enough for Patrick to get us out to a lead, forcing them to throw more

and if you're honest with yourself, halfway through the 4th quarter of the SB we were all pretty nervous, and it took a miracle comeback

bottom line, any team we play won't be forced to throw unless we first stop the run

This post doesn't reflect reality and you undercut your own points.

• When is the run game supposed to come in handy?  When you have a lead.  Texans and Titans got those double digit leads and we still came back.  It wasn't that we got them out of their run games early --- they were set up perfectly to run!  And it wasn't enough.
  • And then as you say, SF had the lead and still couldn't close it out.  You say it was close because they ran well, but doesn't that tell you everything?  That got it close, but it wasn't enough.

And in both cases you're acknowledging that our pass offense ultimately overcame poor run defense.

Patrick has lost 9 games as a starter.  Take out the Colts / Texans regular season games where he had ankle problems and there's not a single game where the dominant factor was the run game.  In all seven of those games the defense was bad across the board and/or we had turnover problems.

https://theathletic.com/1258367/2019/10/02/chiefs-have-struggled-to-stop-run-but-beating-them-with-run-game-is-suckers-bet/
https://theathletic.com/1537592/2020/01/16/titans-derrick-henry-is-less-of-factor-in-beating-chiefs-than-most-realize/
https://theathletic.com/2245312/2020/12/08/chiefs-controlling-the-clock/

This article is a little more sympathetic to the idea that the run is important in that it notes we usually get dominated in TOP in those losses, but if you look at the yardage it's not just the run, we're overall equally bad in the run and the pass in all those games, in addition to other factors like turnovers:
https://captaincomeback.blog/2021/01/15/nfl-2020-divisional-round-browns-at-chiefs/

If you give me the choice between stopping TB's run game and stopping its pass game, the answer is should be the pass game every single time.  If we don't turn it over, keep penalties to a minimum, and stop their passing game we're pretty much guaranteed to win.

That's what I mean when I say the run game doesn't matter "much."  It matters some.  But of pass O, pass D, run O, and run D, that's exactly the order I would put them in for importance.  Run D is 4th.

49 minutes ago, mex said:

respectfully disagree

I dont respectfully disagree  I  just think it is Hokum to think that way and I saved his post. 

If the run was'nt important there would'nt be an RB  and the Defensive line would have nobody but pure pass rushers 

and truthfully .. the only rent free place you live is here on this web site..

time will tell on if the running game for which team has the biggest determination of who wins but it is my expectation that the winning team will also have the most ground yardage..

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and truthfully .. the only rent free place you live is here on this web site..

time will tell on if the running game for which team has the biggest determination of who wins but it is my expectation that the winning team will also have the most ground yardage..

Since you "saved" my post for some reason (to...taunt me if we lose in a particular way?), I just want it to be clear I am not saying that the team with more rushing yards will lose.

I am saying that of the four units I mentioned, the rush D is the least important.  The game could go a lot of different ways, but I'm not scared at all of bad rushing D if we're successful in the other 3 areas, or even just both sides of the passing game.