Britt Reid Accident

7 hours ago, SEMO said:

Wonder how this affects AR?  And, I am not diminishing the child’s injuries.  Just looking at it from the viewpoint of his ability to call the game.  

How will he handle the press?  You know they will be like badgers.

ignore them ..luckily for the most part the "press Days" etc are over but your right those blood suckers will be every where  and those walking zits like Kevin Kietzaman  have ben given new life. Andy cant win with his kids

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Andy cant win with his kids

damn he's had a hard time as a father

I really have no idea but can't help wondering if his workaholicism kept him away from his family over the years

the timing is horrible, but Andy's been through worse with his kids

4 hours ago, mex said:

damn he's had a hard time as a father

I really have no idea but can't help wondering if his workaholicism kept him away from his family over the years

the timing is horrible, but Andy's been through worse with his kids

Probably tough to grow up with a father who's a perfectionist and work addict.  Throw in losing the brother and not measuring up to dad's accomplishments and some personalities won't survive it well.  Britt knows he has a job only because his dad gave him one.  That's no excuse for his problems or for driving under the influence if that's what really happened.  But it's a little understandable why he has addiction issues  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Probably tough to grow up with a father who's a perfectionist and work addict.  Throw in losing the brother and not measuring up to dad's accomplishments and some personalities won't survive it well.  Britt knows he has a job only because his dad gave him one.  That's no excuse for his problems or for driving under the influence if that's what really happened.  But it's a little understandable why he has addiction issues  

Well said. I agree. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

We all have them.  Just depends on what kind. It's inevitable.

Strange, being a human being.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We all have them.  Just depends on what kind. It's inevitable.

Strange, being a human being.

I'm with ya.  Being a human is well, human.  I'm not gonna cast any stones, I've done more than my share of drinking then driving home, and honestly I don't know a single person that hasn't done it at one time or another (well, other than a childhood from who was the son of a pastor, grew up to have a degree in theology, a licensed minister, author, and a whole host of other shit, yeah the dude is a unicorn).  It could literally happen to any of us.  When I was in college, I can't tell you how many times I woke up in the morning and asked my friends how I got home only to get a response of "dude you drove us home".  You just never think it'll happen to you.  My only question is, you'd think on the Super Bowl week he'd have something better to do with his time, as in being a little busy.  

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

I'm with ya.  Being a human is well, human.  I'm not gonna cast any stones, I've done more than my share of drinking then driving home, and honestly I don't know a single person that hasn't done it at one time or another (well, other than a childhood from who was the son of a pastor, grew up to have a degree in theology, a licensed minister, author, and a whole host of other shit, yeah the dude is a unicorn).  It could literally happen to any of us.  When I was in college, I can't tell you how many times I woke up in the morning and asked my friends how I got home only to get a response of "dude you drove us home".  You just never think it'll happen to you.  My only question is, you'd think on the Super Bowl week he'd have something better to do with his time, as in being a little busy.  

i agree 100% Moons, i did a ton of drinking and then driving home when i was overseas in the Navy, back then it felt like acceptable behavior and i am still truly shocked that i am still here and i did not kill anyone else. Not Bragging but i have my fair share of stones. on a side note i wonder if this will affect Reid in the future and maybe he steps away? but he still kept going even when his other son died so i don't know the answer to that

There is a debate on twatter on if the chiefs can be held culpable in this. I hope for the child's sake that the team does the right thing ( I think they will) and that reids son gets the help he really needs

Chiefs fans help raise over $135K for 5-year-old injured in crash involving OLB coach Britt Reid

Kansas City Chiefs fans have rallied to help the family of a 5-year-old girl who was critically injured in the recent car accident involving OLB coach Britt Reid.

GoFundMe page launched by the family yesterday has raised over $135,000 in just over a day’s time and continues to rise. The family set up the page to help the girl’s mother pay for “the hospital bills and weeks of missed work that will come.”

I don't know if he had enough onboard to be in a blackout.  Depends on whether he remembers anything.  I guess he thought the Adderal would help.  Alcohol is interesting. A blackout on alcohol, as many know, is not a state of unconsciousness.  It is merely a blood alcohol level of about 0.2% or above, a level that causes paralysis of the memory imprint center.  A person can function, go places, do things, but simply not imprint the memory, because that imprinting center in the hippocampus in the brain simply doesn't function at alcohol levels over 0.2%, maybe a little higher in some people. Adderal won't change that one bit. 

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i agree 100% Moons, i did a ton of drinking and then driving home when i was overseas in the Navy, back then it felt like acceptable behavior and i am still truly shocked that i am still here and i did not kill anyone else. Not Bragging but i have my fair share of stones. on a side note i wonder if this will affect Reid in the future and maybe he steps away? but he still kept going even when his other son died so i don't know the answer to that

There is a debate on twatter on if the chiefs can be held culpable in this. I hope for the child's sake that the team does the right thing ( I think they will) and that reids son gets the help he really needs

Twitter is full of morons, and it's a sign of the modern cancel culture.  If Britt Reid worked at Wendy's in the drive thru and this happened, would the same group of asshats be calling for Wendy's to be held accountable for the actions of an employee?  This is the same stupid thinking that wants to make gun manufacturers liable if some nutjob walks in a building and starts firing.  Culpability rests with one person, and one person only.