Britt Reid Accident

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

There is a debate on twatter on if the chiefs can be held culpable in this. I hope for the child's sake that the team does the right thing ( I think they will) and that reids son gets the help he really needs

Unless the Chiefs had a post work party where they fed Britt multiple drinks, I don't see how they could be liable.  Of course, if the plaintiffs can get a jury of Raiders fans, the outcome would be certain.  

6 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i agree 100% Moons, i did a ton of drinking and then driving home when i was overseas in the Navy, back then it felt like acceptable behavior and i am still truly shocked that i am still here and i did not kill anyone else. Not Bragging but i have my fair share of stones. on a side note i wonder if this will affect Reid in the future and maybe he steps away? but he still kept going even when his other son died so i don't know the answer to that

There is a debate on twatter on if the chiefs can be held culpable in this. I hope for the child's sake that the team does the right thing ( I think they will) and that reids son gets the help he really needs

Andy won't step away... his son is an adult

On 2/7/2021 at 7:05 PM, oldtimer said:

Chiefs fans help raise over $135K for 5-year-old injured in crash involving OLB coach Britt Reid

Kansas City Chiefs fans have rallied to help the family of a 5-year-old girl who was critically injured in the recent car accident involving OLB coach Britt Reid.

GoFundMe page launched by the family yesterday has raised over $135,000 in just over a day’s time and continues to rise. The family set up the page to help the girl’s mother pay for “the hospital bills and weeks of missed work that will come.”

I would imagine Reid or his son would take care of the hospital bills, the money raised can be spent on something else the child could need. 

12 hours ago, sith13 said:

I would imagine Reid or his son would take care of the hospital bills, the money raised can be spent on something else the child could need. 

Wouldn't Britt have had liability insurance?  It might not cover all the lawsuits coming up, but it's a start.  Andy Reid nor the Chiefs should have any liability.  If they see the girl has unmet needs and want to help, they probably will, but I don't see how they should be involved in any legal actions. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wouldn't Britt have had liability insurance?  It might not cover all the lawsuits coming up, but it's a start.  Andy Reid nor the Chiefs should have any liability.  If they see the girl has unmet needs and want to help, they probably will, but I don't see how they should be involved in any legal actions. 

Definitely nothing towards Chiefs or Andy. However I would imagine the Reid family would take care of the financial aspect of the whole thing, the lawsuits will come no matter what but that's the other story. 

I don't know what liability insurance does in such situations, do they pay up even in case of DUI? 

23 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Definitely nothing towards Chiefs or Andy. However I would imagine the Reid family would take care of the financial aspect of the whole thing, the lawsuits will come no matter what but that's the other story. 

I don't know what liability insurance does in such situations, do they pay up even in case of DUI? 

Not sure about that, but I assume they pay about twenty seconds before cancelling the policy.  

On 2/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, jetlord said:

Not sure about that, but I assume they pay about twenty seconds before cancelling the policy.  

I'm not sure insurance will cover this type of negligence.  They definitely would in a normal accident when an employer was a fault. 

But it depends on policy but I bet they fight tooth and nail to avoid paying anything becuase Britt's action's voided the terms of the policy.   We shall see.   Hope she gets well and is completely healthy and then she gets her life changed forever with the settlement.

I don't know what standard police procedure is but if he admitted to drinking before the accident, wouldn't they have given him a sobriety test immediately? And wouldn't we have heard whether he was legally drunk or not by now? I read somewhere that they are now asking about his cell phone records to see if he was possibly on the phone when the accident happened. That tells me they don't have sufficient evidence he was drunk, but what do I know? Let's all pray that this little girl has a full recovery. She's young so she stands a better chance than most. 

4 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I don't know what standard police procedure is but if he admitted to drinking before the accident, wouldn't they have given him a sobriety test immediately? And wouldn't we have heard whether he was legally drunk or not by now? I read somewhere that they are now asking about his cell phone records to see if he was possibly on the phone when the accident happened. That tells me they don't have sufficient evidence he was drunk, but what do I know? Let's all pray that this little girl has a full recovery. She's young so she stands a better chance than most. 

Wasn't he taken to the hospital as well?  If so, I'm thinking a blood alcohol test would of been the only way the police could of actually checked how much was in his system.  IF that is true then he could of cleared up enough when they took blood at the hospital that he was not over the limit?  Just guessing

9 hours ago, Balto said:

I’d say about a zero percent chance insurance pays if he was found driving under influence.

I believe insurance always pays the other party.  They may try to collect from Britt, but I don't think they can't penalize the girl's family for something they didn't do.  That's why we all have to have liability coverage, but not full coverage.  It's to protect the other guy.  

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I believe insurance always pays the other party.  They may try to collect from Britt, but I don't think they can't penalize the girl's family for something they didn't do.  That's why we all have to have liability coverage, but not full coverage.  It's to protect the other guy.  

If the cost exceeds his insurance they can go after him. They also can do a civil suit on top of it.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I meant the insurance may try to collect from him.  But I think they have to pay up to the policy limits to the girl even if he was DUI. 

That's my understanding as well.  If insurance companies could avoid paying when the driver was under the influence, our rates would be much lower.  The thing is, Britt won't be able to get future insurance although that's probably the least of his problems right now.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/02/family-says-girl-injured-in-britt-reid-crash-has-permanent-brain-injuries/

As someone in recovery I see both sides. Addicts aren't bad people, they are sick people. But this is still fucked up. 

He needs to pay the piper. Some people need to hit bottom to change. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/02/family-says-girl-injured-in-britt-reid-crash-has-permanent-brain-injuries/

As someone in recovery I see both sides. Addicts aren't bad people, they are sick people. But this is still fucked up. 

He needs to pay the piper. Some people need to hit bottom to change. 

Addicts aren't bad people, but drunk drivers are bad people.  He can go home and get hammered.  Nobody gives AF.  There's a difference between addiction and DUI.