Britt Reid Accident

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Only the public is awaiting.  These tests do not take long.  A day or two at most to cover everything. We will find out when the courts decide it is ok for us to find out.

I guess KC would not of let him go IF he wasn't under the influence 

36 minutes ago, Balto said:

I guess KC would not of let him go IF he wasn't under the influence 

Maybe but him having his past issues, then admitting he had a few.... Well that does not look great at all plus the fact he did so right before a big game. I think they saw the writing on the wall and were able to use it as an excuse not to retain. Really was he any use? The nepotism can only go so far and even his own dad did not make a stink out of it.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, Dan4pres said:

I don't know what standard police procedure is but if he admitted to drinking before the accident, wouldn't they have given him a sobriety test immediately? And wouldn't we have heard whether he was legally drunk or not by now? I read somewhere that they are now asking about his cell phone records to see if he was possibly on the phone when the accident happened. That tells me they don't have sufficient evidence he was drunk, but what do I know? Let's all pray that this little girl has a full recovery. She's young so she stands a better chance than most. 

I know in Maryland (where I live) they can take your blood if they think alcohol is involved in a crash with any injury. Implied consent by using the roadways. Only done when a Breathalyzer is not able to be used.

It is the the victims who suffer the most

• 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31243870/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-charged-felony-dwi

84 miles per hour on a ramp and nealry double the legal limit of alcohol consumption? The dude should plead guilty and save the tax payers some money. Given he has all but killed the kid, he should be in jail a lot longer than seven years.

36 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31243870/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-charged-felony-dwi

84 miles per hour on a ramp and nealry double the legal limit of alcohol consumption? The dude should plead guilty and save the tax payers some money. Given he has all but killed the kid, he should be in jail a lot longer than seven years.

I don't get local news, what is the most current update on the little girl?  I thought I read somewhere she was doing better.  Usually bad news from the victims legal team makes it better for the civil case.   I hope she is doing better and at the same time hope Reid does the max this crime allows for.   

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't get local news, what is the most current update on the little girl?  I thought I read somewhere she was doing better.  Usually bad news from the victims legal team makes it better for the civil case.   I hope she is doing better and at the same time hope Reid does the max this crime allows for.   

The ESPN article said she cannot speak, walk, and is being fed through a tube as recently as 11 days ago when released. Reid basically ruined the girls life at a very young age.

16 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Or...it could work the other way.  He might throw himself totally into his coaching as a way of dealing with it.

Could be, I doubt he'll be of any use until the trial is over though and may be a few weeks longer while dealing with the family matters. 

4 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The ESPN article said she cannot speak, walk, and is being fed through a tube as recently as 11 days ago when released. Reid basically ruined the girls life at a very young age.

Yeah just read that today.   Was hoping for a better report.   Hate it for the little girl.   Hope she has a miraculous recovery!   As for Reid, hope he gets the max.

5 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Hate to hear that.